• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PastorBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Wabash
    Honestly all I wanted was a handgun. Just a little 9 or 40. Nothing fancy, no small fortune, just a single gun....

...then I found INGO - AND YOU GUYS ARE COSTING ME A FORTUNE!!!

I just wanted a pistol, but I started reading and realized that wasn't nearly enough. 100-200 rounds wasn't good enough, I needed 1,000+ for my handgun. Then there was the LTCH, then the Crossbreeds Holster, then a M&P22 pistol for my wife plus the thousands of rounds of .22 I needed for it. I'm sure I can quit, but then someone had a 10/22 for sale, and it was my birthday, so maybe just one more. And even though it had a nice Blackhawk stock, it needed help, maybe a scope...and extra magazines. So another trip to the store.

But I can only shoot at the farm so often, so it's join the NRA so I can join a local range.

"Maybe that's enough" I tell myself. But I know I'm lying, because I ran into an acronym I had never seen before: SHTF. Well it turns out I've been thinking this kind of stuff for a long time (demonstrated by pausing every TEOTWAWKI movie and telling my wife just how stupid and how dead most of these people would be). So now I have to start looking at other weapons. Custom built AR from Palmetto, WASR on sale at Dunhams, Remington 870 Combo, plus thousands and thousands of rounds! Of course I'm going to need a safe for all of this $$$$!

Then last week, casually minding my own business, I ran into something I never wanted: old guns. I like new stuff. I'm writing this on my iPad 2 with a BlueTooth keyboard. But there it was - a Mosin Nagant. Seriously, a gun that cheap? But it's old, so it must be junk. "Oh, you have to clean it," that's why it's so cheap. So last Friday I picked one up. 1937 Tula. Tight trigger, nice stock, 7 pounds of cosmoline - I had to have. Of course I needed a sardine can to go with it so more $$$. Monday I cleaned it up. History and firearms = true love! So I start thinking - I need a crate of them. I have 7 kids and my wife plus I have some ideas for sportserizing some, so a crate ought to work. That means I NEED a C&R license to save some $$$. So today I fill out the forms for my C&R and send it in to BATFE - and I haven't even shot the Mosin yet!

So tonight I got home, having thought about it all week but haven't shot it yet - so off to the farm with 15 minutes of daylight left. BOOM! I definitely need more of these:rockwoot:

So the moral of this story is...if you are reading this RUN!!! INGO will quickly leave you broke; smiling, but broke!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sounds like another case of INGOitis. Don't worry, you won't break out as long as you satisfy "the Itis" with a new gun every more and then. If it gets really rough, just get another model Mosin, which can prevent the shakes and fever sweats.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Be glad you haven't yet gone into the Class3 toys. You can't come back from there...... lost forever you will be once you cross into Class 3.

But you'll smile more. :rolleyes:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    As I read this I read my life story! While doing research on a pistol I stumbled across this site and the rest is history! New guns, lots of ammo, a new outlook.

I too find myself talking about what people will be dead first in a SHTF scenario.

Count Blackula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    South Bend
    Then there was the LTCH, then the Crossbreeds Holster, then a M&P22 pistol for my wife plus the thousands of rounds of .22 I needed for it.
    Excellent choice, as I love mine for my M1911. :D

And I fear that I have this disease (bug? virus?) too, as I have had a desire for a .22LR revolver the past couple weeks. After that, God only knows.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    INGOitis, it's a disease. I, like you, just wanted some info on a handgun. I decided to sign up, and it's been a major outflow of cash ever since. Started with the handgun, then went to an AR build party (where I got bitten by the BRD), then got turned onto knives, then reloading, then....NFA DAY!!! I have plans in the works to start the whole class 3 deal. There is no turning back! RUN NOW before the class 3 bug gets you, you still have a chance.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Haha, sounds like the hobby has its hooks in you! Guns are a very expensive hobby! I got my first gun less than a week ago and I already think about what I'd like for a second! And maybe I'd like a rifle too... Yep.. quite a slippery slope.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i was FINE with my mosquito and sigma 9mm. shot at least once a week on lunch to blow off steam. ran into money troubles and had to sell both. kicked myself repeatedly until i had a relapse and bought another mosquito and a m&p 9mm compact. i was FINE once again. then a friend of mine brought over his AR. i HAD to have one. so i picked up my m&p15. love it. I AM FINE! bought an aim point RDS. I AM FINE! ... i want a semi auto shotgun... I AM FINE... dangit, im sick.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Honestly all I wanted was a handgun. Just a little 9 or 40. Nothing fancy, no small fortune, just a single gun....

...then I found INGO - AND YOU GUYS ARE COSTING ME A FORTUNE!!!

I just wanted a pistol, but I started reading and realized that wasn't nearly enough. 100-200 rounds wasn't good enough, I needed 1,000+ for my handgun. Then there was the LTCH, then the Crossbreeds Holster, then a M&P22 pistol for my wife plus the thousands of rounds of .22 I needed for it. I'm sure I can quit, but then someone had a 10/22 for sale, and it was my birthday, so maybe just one more. And even though it had a nice Blackhawk stock, it needed help, maybe a scope...and extra magazines. So another trip to the store.

But I can only shoot at the farm so often, so it's join the NRA so I can join a local range.

"Maybe that's enough" I tell myself. But I know I'm lying, because I ran into an acronym I had never seen before: SHTF. Well it turns out I've been thinking this kind of stuff for a long time (demonstrated by pausing every TEOTWAWKI movie and telling my wife just how stupid and how dead most of these people would be). So now I have to start looking at other weapons. Custom built AR from Palmetto, WASR on sale at Dunhams, Remington 870 Combo, plus thousands and thousands of rounds! Of course I'm going to need a safe for all of this $$$$!

Then last week, casually minding my own business, I ran into something I never wanted: old guns. I like new stuff. I'm writing this on my iPad 2 with a BlueTooth keyboard. But there it was - a Mosin Nagant. Seriously, a gun that cheap? But it's old, so it must be junk. "Oh, you have to clean it," that's why it's so cheap. So last Friday I picked one up. 1937 Tula. Tight trigger, nice stock, 7 pounds of cosmoline - I had to have. Of course I needed a sardine can to go with it so more $$$. Monday I cleaned it up. History and firearms = true love! So I start thinking - I need a crate of them. I have 7 kids and my wife plus I have some ideas for sportserizing some, so a crate ought to work. That means I NEED a C&R license to save some $$$. So today I fill out the forms for my C&R and send it in to BATFE - and I haven't even shot the Mosin yet!

So tonight I got home, having thought about it all week but haven't shot it yet - so off to the farm with 15 minutes of daylight left. BOOM! I definitely need more of these:rockwoot:

So the moral of this story is...if you are reading this RUN!!! INGO will quickly leave you broke; smiling, but broke!
    Good to hear I'm not the only one...
    My new tag line is....I didn't know my gun collection sucked until I joined INGO

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Sounds like another case of INGOitis. Don't worry, you won't break out as long as you satisfy "the Itis" with a new gun every more and then. If it gets really rough, just get another model Mosin, which can prevent the shakes and fever sweats.

That's still just a temporary cure, the sweats and shakes tend to reoccur after a week or two! Depending on your tolerance, of course!

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Be glad you haven't yet gone into the Class3 toys. You can't come back from there...... lost forever you will be once you cross into Class 3.

I can verify this, i bought an simple little suppressor, i haven't received the first stamp back yet, and i have 5 pending right now. It is EASY to get carried away. But i can't get the :D off my face yet. I am now waiting on 2 suppressors, 2 SBR's, and a MG, hehehehe!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Yeah, like that guy someone posted a video of a day or two ago who is shooting the 7.62 "mini" gatling. Sure, I'd be smiling. If I could afford mag dumps at 3000 rounds per minute!!

The first time I got to shoot some class III stuff years ago, I REALIZED that I should never, ever, EVER, buy a full-auto anything.

Top Bottom