• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    I know exactly what you mean! I even started cutting living expenses to feed my hunger for more firepower.

Recently thought about buying a new truck< then had a second thought (you know how many guns and ammo I could buy for the price of that truck ) My old truck does me just fine, I think I'll go read the classifieds now :)

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    INGOitis it is. Can't cure it and the only treatment is the purchase of another 'toy'. Even my wife is now infected (Bersa Thunder .380 with gold accents). For me (at this moment) it's WWII Milsurp. Started off with an Arasaka that Dad captured during the war (Pacific), then the Mosin, and now a nice M1 .30 carbine (mostly Inland with a few Springfield internals). I'm trying to stop there, but I don't think I'll be able to. Now I'm looking to find a nice M4 bayonet for the M1.

I owe it all to INGO...but I do so enjoy it!

todkapuz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Carmel, IN
    I feel your pain.. there are now 2 guns in the classified ads that I keep lusting after, and I want ..... but money ... they may win though... and of course I now want an m&p40c .... is it too late to escape... if I leave now will I be able to forget about them and not fear the loss of money out of my pocket...

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Great post, love how it was written. There are so many directions to go within the hobby. I find myself getting intrrrested in things I never was interested in before.
    And you think its costing you... I got into it with a neighbor over the weekend about shooting and guess what I did now....went and bought all the property around her so now I can shoot there anytime I want.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Don't forget to get a Garand from the CMP...you can have it mailed right to your door, or go visit the N. Store in OH.

1942 SA M1 Garand FG 595.00 From the N. Store, refinished stock.

picture.php

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    That's a great post! I feel ya, it's quite the money draining hobby. My advice to help save a buck or two is to check out INGO's classifieds. You can get some GREAT deals in there a lot of times. Have fun spending that money! Lol! :-)

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Recently thought about buying a new truck< then had a second thought (you know how many guns and ammo I could buy for the price of that truck ) My old truck does me just fine, I think I'll go read the classifieds now :)

I get razzed by my peers for thinking like this as well. Of course they ALWAYS follow it up by "Hey, wanna go shoot your new toy? :):"

Yea, they drive their new vehicle, poor smucks :draw:

Also, I never considered having a "collection" previous to joining INGO. I just wanted hunting arms....ya know, "practical" items. Ppsshhh yea right, If it can't be multi-useful in a PAW or SHTF scenario, I've sold it to fund other toys :rolleyes:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I simply wanted a friggin Glock 23. Came on, read said rules, complied with said rules, and ended up with the Itis. Thanks a friggin lot... My wife told me if I buy another gun this year she will kill me with it. Thank god 2012 is only 29 days away, the shakes are getting bad and I cant concentrate on anything other than the effects of "The Itis."

-MColford

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Thank god 2012 is only 29 days away, the shakes are getting bad and I cant concentrate on anything other than the effects of "The Itis."

-MColford

If it gets really rough, just get another model Mosin, which can prevent the shakes and fever sweats.
    You guys mean to tell me that What my neurologist calls "Essential Tremor" can be cured by purchasing a new firearm periodically? Is that more expensive than the drugs? It certainly sounds like more fun. :rockwoot:
    Hey honey....Guess what I read on INGO?

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    I get razzed by my peers for thinking like this as well. Of course they ALWAYS follow it up by "Hey, wanna go shoot your new toy? :):"

Yea, they drive their new vehicle, poor smucks :draw:

Also, I never considered having a "collection" previous to joining INGO. I just wanted hunting arms....ya know, "practical" items. Ppsshhh yea right, If it can't be multi-useful in a PAW or SHTF scenario, I've sold it to fund other toys :rolleyes:

Same here! They all drive newer superdutys and keep em all purty. They don't even like to get em dirty. I think Im starting to convert them though :cool:

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Honestly all I wanted was a handgun. Just a little 9 or 40. Nothing fancy, no small fortune, just a single gun....

...then I found INGO - AND YOU GUYS ARE COSTING ME A FORTUNE!!!

I just wanted a pistol, but I started reading and realized that wasn't nearly enough. 100-200 rounds wasn't good enough, I needed 1,000+ for my handgun. Then there was the LTCH, then the Crossbreeds Holster, then a M&P22 pistol for my wife plus the thousands of rounds of .22 I needed for it. I'm sure I can quit, but then someone had a 10/22 for sale, and it was my birthday, so maybe just one more. And even though it had a nice Blackhawk stock, it needed help, maybe a scope...and extra magazines. So another trip to the store.

But I can only shoot at the farm so often, so it's join the NRA so I can join a local range.

"Maybe that's enough" I tell myself. But I know I'm lying, because I ran into an acronym I had never seen before: SHTF. Well it turns out I've been thinking this kind of stuff for a long time (demonstrated by pausing every TEOTWAWKI movie and telling my wife just how stupid and how dead most of these people would be). So now I have to start looking at other weapons. Custom built AR from Palmetto, WASR on sale at Dunhams, Remington 870 Combo, plus thousands and thousands of rounds! Of course I'm going to need a safe for all of this $$$$!

Then last week, casually minding my own business, I ran into something I never wanted: old guns. I like new stuff. I'm writing this on my iPad 2 with a BlueTooth keyboard. But there it was - a Mosin Nagant. Seriously, a gun that cheap? But it's old, so it must be junk. "Oh, you have to clean it," that's why it's so cheap. So last Friday I picked one up. 1937 Tula. Tight trigger, nice stock, 7 pounds of cosmoline - I had to have. Of course I needed a sardine can to go with it so more $$$. Monday I cleaned it up. History and firearms = true love! So I start thinking - I need a crate of them. I have 7 kids and my wife plus I have some ideas for sportserizing some, so a crate ought to work. That means I NEED a C&R license to save some $$$. So today I fill out the forms for my C&R and send it in to BATFE - and I haven't even shot the Mosin yet!

So tonight I got home, having thought about it all week but haven't shot it yet - so off to the farm with 15 minutes of daylight left. BOOM! I definitely need more of these:rockwoot:

So the moral of this story is...if you are reading this RUN!!! INGO will quickly leave you broke; smiling, but broke!

A lot of scary truth here.....but if you think:ingo: hurts the old pocket book, wait till you add the C&R....after various Mosins, Mausers, SKS's, CZ-52's, Toks, ammo and two safes later, I can attest to the blissful pain they both can bring down on your back pocket...ah but not to worry...the trip is worth the destination:)...go for it, don't run... have fun!!!:):

Woodro29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just joined this site and know I am realizing why I am constantly looking at the classifieds. Oh well i think its to late, I have this disease.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Why? So you feel like you fit in more or what??

Because I can certainly relate.

I like to remind people that INGO saves them money as well-- discount codes, advertiser specials, or just plan old good advice like "don't waste your money on that crappy gun". :yesway:

:ingo:

Top Bottom