• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Rite of the top of my head I can think of 4 new guns that I have not shot! and there are quite a few more that I have not shot for years! but I do keep them clean on a regular basis.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I have a 22 revolver that someone "drilled out" to accept 22mags.
    I shot it just enough to know that I don't want to shoot it again.

That....seems unsafe. :)

I have an ugly, beat up Mauser I'm afraid to fire.....not the least because I'm not 100% on the caliber.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    CAR-15 built in 1984, sighted it in and stored it, took it out a few monts ago, dead on, as it was back in the day. Cleaned it and put it back in the safe.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    my NEF break action 20ga, my first shotgun, killed my first deer, squirrel, and rabbit with it, i keep it clean, and refinished the wood a couple months ago but it hasnt seen a shell since 1998

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    my first rifle a single shot bolt action marlin 22. actually just put about 50 rounds through it this week showing it to an interested nephew. cleaned it all back up, its more than 20 years old now. if i have children it will get passed down. before this week it probably had not been shot in 5-6 years.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have quite a few, once I buy a gun I just can't seem to sell it. I guess that's why I need another safe. :D

I am with you all the way. Unless a gun performs poorly I won't part with it, they are mine just like my dog.

I do also need another safe the long gun cabinets are full and the poor handgun cabinet has revolvers sleeping with pistols on top of them, it is sad - sort of.

Terry

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I am getting a little up there in years and have many firearms that I have not shot in a long time. I am starting to thin the herd and give some of my like new beauties to my son who will shoot them and enjoy them like I once did. His birthday is comiing up soon as is Christmas and they will make presents that he will greatly enjoy getting. He knows how I feel about my guns so when I asked him if he would like to have a couple of them, he asked me if I was dying of something since he knows that I do not like to part with them no matter how long it has been since I shot them. I am still on the fence about giving him my long barrelled Taurus stainless steel Raging Bull with a scope on it in .44 Mag to possibly use in wild hog hunting in Florida instead of going after them with a dog and a big knife. I have several .44 Mags, but am having a hard time parting with any of them.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've got an old JC Higgins 16ga bolt-action shotgun. It was the first shotgun I received from my father as a child. Its actually a joy to shoot but I haven't shot it in over 5 years.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    Same here. Sometimes I enjoy oiling my safe queens up and handling them when home alone. I bond with my firearms or something, I'm weird

Or I have my uncles old carry gun. I respected, loved him and miss him dearly. But when holding his old .32 I feel closer to him than looking at pictures.

I have guns I've never fired cause I'm a collector

AzNooB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    My M38 Mosin Nagant. I rarely shoot it and don't really have any reason to keep it other than I want to.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    lol...so far I've only read the OP....but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one....I do TRY to shoot all of my guns....but as a collector I simply don't have enough time and sometimes money to shoot every single one of them also having favorites which I enjoy shooting more than others, and ones which I want to be extra proficient with as carry and just in case weapons....so there are a lot which I don't shoot much if ever...but I always make sure each weapon works properly when I first get it and sight it in depending on what it is.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I bought a 22-250 this past december. I haven't bought a scope to put on it to shoot it yet. Probably won't until next year sometime. I don't have any time to shoot anymore.

dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I've got a Bersa .380 in a fake book on my reading shelf that hasn't been shot in awhile. It's been so long I need to look over the shelf to find out what book its in! :):

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    my first rifle a single shot bolt action marlin 22. QUOTE]

Im sorry am I missing something? Ive never seen a single shot bolt action, on second thought a had a .22 bolt action stolen from me ( handed down from my great-grandfather ) and they didnt take the mag. I guess that would be a single shot bolt action:(

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    my first rifle a single shot bolt action marlin 22. QUOTE]

Im sorry am I missing something? Ive never seen a single shot bolt action, on second thought a had a .22 bolt action stolen from me ( handed down from my great-grandfather ) and they didnt take the mag. I guess that would be a single shot bolt action:(

There are several models of single shot bolt action rifles.

You have heard of the Criket youth rifle havent you?

BTW most of your benchrest .22 rimfires that are high dollar are.......single shot.

My old Cooper .22 and my Anschutz are both single shot

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    In the 50s, my Dad had a single shot bolt action .22 target rifle. There was no magazine. You just loaded it one shell at a time after you opened the bolt and ejected the shell from discharging the previous bullet. The gun had a long heavy barrel on it with a Unertl single power target scope on it. He and his buddies used to shoot at the Bluffton National Guard Armory indoor range every other Friday night way back then before it was divided up into rooms for other purposes. For the first half of the night they would shoot and then play nickle-dime poker the rest. He eventually sold this gun to more than pay for several rooms of hard wood flooring in the house that he was building for us.

There are such things single shot bolt action .22 rifles.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I pretty much shoot the hell outta everything I own now... but I have also reduced my collection by more than 1\2 over the past 3 years for the sole reason that I did not shoot those guns I got rid of. Thinking about taking a couple more to Shipshewana tomorrow.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    In the 50s, my Dad had a single shot bolt action .22 target rifle. There was no magazine. You just loaded it one shell at a time after you opened the bolt and ejected the shell from discharging the previous bullet. The gun had a long heavy barrel on it with a Unertl single power target scope on it. He and his buddies used to shoot at the Bluffton National Guard Armory indoor range every other Friday night way back then before it was divided up into rooms for other purposes. For the first half of the night they would shoot and then play nickle-dime poker the rest. He eventually sold this gun to more than pay for several rooms of hard wood flooring in the house that he was building for us.

There are such things single shot bolt action .22 rifles.
    Yes there are. And I have actually seen a single shot that had an auto eject, kind of like the last shot on a 10/22. I don't recall the make or model but I'm going to do some research.

I have also seen .22 smooth bore rifles as well.

Top Bottom