• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Had most of a .22lr brass pulled from my face as a teenager. Docs never said a thing. Just patched me up. Out of battery discharge from a Marlin mod 60. I'm left handed.
    If it was in the center of your forehead, you should have left it.
    It would have given you a rest to hold your shooting glasses up while you wiped the dust out of your eyes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Great story OP! Tuning in for the follow up.

I'd study up on physical therapy, the DYI kind. OP is old enough that all sorts of repetitive stress "injury" could well be a part, if not all of the reason for the pain issues that has developed?

Be careful about getting roped in too far with modern day doctoring. Surgery and drug dealing seems to be the rule of the day with them? Probably not bad to go see the doc, maybe get an xray. Be skeptical of on going high dollar treatments.

:twocents:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've had two close (stupid) calls. Was cutting a down tree from bottom to top (I KNOW!), when the tree suddenly separated. The saw bar hit me in the forehead. Goggles on, but no helmet (ok, double stupid). Man oh man, chain brakes are FAST. Thankfully. And.... standing on the forks of a forklift, trying to use my foot to raise just a bit more. I slipped and the lift mechanism ran over the fingers of my left hand. Bloody mess, for sure, but I didn't lose any fingers. Just my forklift license.
    Speaking of forklift accidents.
    Hilarious forklift safety video out of Germany I think. I found a translated version. It starts slow but builds to a hilarious (and dark) ending.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Speaking of forklift accidents.
    Hilarious forklift safety video out of Germany I think. I found a translated version. It starts slow but builds to a hilarious (and dark) ending.

Fixed forklifts for almost 40 years, NY, CA and IN/KY. Been on several calls after a fatality. Been deposed 3 times for same.

Worked on everything from 1500 lb capacity to 250,000 lb container handlers.

Let's see, common size is 5,000 lb capacity with about 182" lift, many variations but this was what we saw most. They weigh around 50% more than their capacity so around 7500 to 8000 lbs. Have a narrow track to fit into warehouse aisles. Lift a load to 15' high, high center of gravity.........what could possibly happen.........

Don

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    College prof. told us to write down a quick story about where we learned the most about physics outside of any school.

Guess my wording of "everything I needed to know, I learned on the forklift at work."

I still do not understand why she wasn't as amused as I was.

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    It obviously ruined his manly good looks.
    In another hand, a man's scar is his best make up
    The scar on the front of my throat from almost jugalar to jugalar is not always noticeable but the 3 pronged scar right on the front of my forehead is visible. I tell people I was dangling off a helicopter saving 13 puppies on my lunch break during the day I solved world hunger.

I had to get married in the dark, she can't go anywhere now right?!!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    First off, I know everyone’s gonna say don’t listen to anyone on here and get a lawyer to double check, but wanted to get a few opinions. So I was either 17 or 18, which was 28 years ago, and I shot myself in the wrist. I was scared to death, and since I was able to move everything with no restrictions. I self treated the gunshot wound. From my research, I was extremely lucky that it did not get infected. Apparently I did a pretty good job. Now, 28 years later, I am starting to have a lot of pain in my wrist. If I go to the doctor, I'm obviously going to have to tell them what happened. Is there any repercussions I could be facing? I don’t know if that’s something the Dr. will still report. Don’t want a police report opened up and a possibility of my stuff being confiscated.

confused-what.gif

Top Bottom