• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    In the last year I have walked out a dozen times to find the contents of my car s rifled threw and change and small tools stolen many times. I have lost battery's, rims and tires 2 locked up bikes. Yard tools out of my shed. I don't even bother to lock the cars anymore. They just break windows to take what they want or to see if there is anything good to steal. This is (was) a good neighborhood. The only thing that has changed is we have a new family of thugs down the street.

A few days ago I was taking my son to his girl friends house and saw a lil sob with a big glob of ice in his mitts. maybe 8-10 years old. I though he isn't gonna be stupid enough to toss it is he?? Well guess what. He was. I got a nice dent in the door now. A little higher and I would probably been covered with glass at 40MPH. I locked up the brakes and it put the fear of god in the little prick. I jump out and yell WTF. Are you that F'n stupid? I did get to enjoy him running towards the curb while looking back at me and him hitting it and landing in the slush on all fours. I thought about following him down to his house. I have a rough ideal where the lil sob lives. But then I though this lil prick is gonna run yelling and screaming some old fat white dude is chasing me calling me names. I just let it go and drove on.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the long term. We had a similar issue about 13-14 years ago. The family eventually moved away and things got back to mostly normal. Hopefully I scared the crap out of him enough to make him stop, but I won't hold my breath. Time will tell.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm sorry you're going through that crap. The times are changing. It's funny you post this story right now because we're experiencing something similar in our little burg. There's a new group of kids 12-14 that like to ride their bikes and they'll pull right out in front of you on purpose trying to make you lock up your brakes. You get out and yell, then they just flip you off and ride away.

My parents go to church in this same little town, and this little group of Hellions have started messing with the congregation. They have beat on the windows during services several times. There's an outside breaker box that they have started to flip off every chance they get. A lock was put on the box, but they just tore the door off to get to the switch again. What's going to happen if they don't relocate that switch is those kids will kill the power, the temp will drop, and pipes will freeze and burst.

There's a new group of scum that moved into town recently. We're 99% sure that's where those kids are coming from. We only hope this group is like the last couple we have had. They either can't afford to stay, or they get arrested and move on. What makes me nervous is if these kids don't get put in check, things will escalate. They'll start breaking in houses and town will become a racetrack when they start driving.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We had a similar issue here a few years ago. The Ingo LEO"s in my area know who they are. 1 house full of idiots/thieves and douche bags can ruin an area.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    In my case, what has me scratching my head is no one sees these kids screwing around? When I was young, one of the neighbors caught me busting pop bottles out of meanness on the road, they came out and beat my butt and told me to get home. When I got to the house, word had already reached the old man, and then he proceeded to go nuclear on my hind parts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In my case, what has me scratching my head is no one sees these kids screwing around? When I was young, one of the neighbors caught me busting pop bottles out of meanness on the road, they came out and beat my butt and told me to get home. When I got to the house, word had already reached the old man, and then he proceeded to go nuclear on my hind parts.

Try that now. Seriously.....just touch someones kids. You will get snatched up so fast your head will swim.
    Legal action from every direction. No matter what junior and his sister were doing you better not touch them.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Try that now. Seriously.....just touch someones kids. You will get snatched up so fast your head will swim.
    Legal action from every direction. No matter what junior and his sister were doing you better not touch them.

I agree with you there. It certainly isn't the 70's. You had better not lay a hand on a someone's kid, but to not even say anything if you see them up to no good has me scratching my head.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree with you there. It certainly isn't the 70's. You had better not lay a hand on a someone's kid, but to not even say anything if you see them up to no good has me scratching my head.

Oh we say something. We say it loud and to point. We have had them return with friends and family only to get the very same treatment only a bit more aggressively.
    Most of the dip weeds do not stick around very long. The are good for about 3 months avg. as they usually get the boot about then for not paying the rent.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Good luck with the little stinkers. Have you thought about video cameras around the house?

Yes, I have them. I gave up on them a few years ago. I have been told by the cops many times that if I done catch them in the myself the pictures/videos don't mean much to prosecuting. If I catch them in the act would probably beat some ass making them stay put, then I am in the wrong. Is it worth it??

I'm sorry you're going through that crap. The times are changing. It's funny you post this story right now because we're experiencing something similar in our little burg. There's a new group of kids 12-14 that like to ride their bikes and they'll pull right out in front of you on purpose trying to make you lock up your brakes. You get out and yell, then they just flip you off and ride away.

My parents go to church in this same little town, and this little group of Hellions have started messing with the congregation. They have beat on the windows during services several times. There's an outside breaker box that they have started to flip off every chance they get. A lock was put on the box, but they just tore the door off to get to the switch again. What's going to happen if they don't relocate that switch is those kids will kill the power, the temp will drop, and pipes will freeze and burst.

There's a new group of scum that moved into town recently. We're 99% sure that's where those kids are coming from. We only hope this group is like the last couple we have had. They either can't afford to stay, or they get arrested and move on. What makes me nervous is if these kids don't get put in check, things will escalate. They'll start breaking in houses and town will become a racetrack when they start driving.

It's how a good area turns to :poop:. Really sad, really really sad.

In my day to I'd have got my ass beat by the them and then again when I got home. I can't imagine getting away with that crap. My son would not get very far trying that crap either.

Damn that sucks. Time to move!

F*** that. I own this place and no one is running me off. This is my house, my neighbor hood and has been for nearly 20 years. Standing my ground!! Period. End of it. 99% of the people around here are awesome. I am not moving for the 1%.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Oh we say something. We say it loud and to point. We have had them return with friends and family only to get the very same treatment only a bit more aggressively.
    Most of the dip weeds do not stick around very long. The are good for about 3 months avg. as they usually get the boot about then for not paying the rent.

It is winter and they have kids. Like ticks they will dig in and be hard to get rid of. They will pay no rent or utilities and move out in the middle of the night in May.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Yes. Exactly.
    We have owned rentals.

I have a couple friends that have rentals they both say it's a crap shoot. You have to charge enough to cover damage if they don't work out. If you charge to much then they can't afford to pay the rent. I think I will pass on being a land lord.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a couple friends that have rentals they both say it's a crap shoot. You have to charge enough to cover damage if they don't work out. If you charge to much then they can't afford to pay the rent. I think I will pass on being a land lord.

We did OK at it for a good while until the area started to change. We had nice houses and kept them nice. So many others just tried to keep their rentals full.
    The general demeanor of society has taken a complete flip.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    This reminds me of an episode from King of the Hill. New neighbors moved in and one of the kids was kind of like the kid who threw crap at your car. Hank wanted his son Bobby, 12, to beat up the trouble maker since Hank couldn't. Hopefully you yelling at him will make him stop bothering you

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This reminds me of an episode from King of the Hill. New neighbors moved in and one of the kids was kind of like the kid who threw crap at your car. Hank wanted his son Bobby, 12, to beat up the trouble maker since Hank couldn't. Hopefully you yelling at him will make him stop bothering you[

I hope so. He look scared to death (which was the idea). I think when he see's a Gray PT Cruiser now he will probably run the other way. My son is pretty sure he rides the same bus he does. He (my son) isn't stupid enough to hurt him. The kid is a minority in this neighbor hood. Not very many thug kids in the area. Thank god.

If it happens again the camera will come out and I will call the cops and follow his lil'ass utill he goes home or the cops catch up with me. I think the house he lives in was a really sweet black ladies house. She lived there for a long time. She passed away 5-6 years ago. I think the family either rents it out or some of the family's shallower end of the gene pool live there now. Not to sure. I am going to look a bit closer when I drive by now.

The part that **** me off is it was icy. I could have swerved and ran something over including his little stupid ass. He was right in the middle of the left lane. I haven't hit anything in years unless you include the stupid gal that ran in to me a few years back. I don't need a crash and burn on my driving record or someones death on my consonance.

When I was that age I was knocking on doors to shovel walks, rake leaves and mow grass. I did pretty well. I wasn't destroying the neighbor hood.

I remember when I was about 12 years old some punk kid threw a rock at me and hit me in the back of the head. I picked it up and beaned him a good one back. The rock bounce off him and hit the guy 3 doors downs car window. Everyone scattered like ants. I went up to the door and confessed my sins. God he was pissed. It was a mid 60 Impala right window. He said I know who you are, I know when your dad gets home and I will be right down when he shows. My dad got in the drive and he was right there. I figured I was dead. my dad was gonna let him beat my ass and then he was gonna beat my ass when he was done. I was screwed!!

But the first thing he said was your kid broke my window. But he did the right thing. He did not run. He came and told me. That was the right thing owning up. He's gonna pay for it. (about 40 bucks) My yard needs mowed. I have screens that need put up. Both cars need washed, Drives got a few oil stains that need scrubbed. 1.50 an hour and he will be here when I say I need him. My dad said your ass is his. And told him to work my ass off. And he did, for most of the summer I was there 2-3 hours every day to other day. I never complained. I'd have got my ass whooped. The other neighbor next door saw I was mowing grass. He asked what I charged. The guy said 1.50 an hour. Great, now I am sub slave labor. I said I don't have a mower. He said just use mine. So I started mowing that guys yard too. After about 3 months he said hey, you know we are even don't you?

I said really?? Yep, well what about the guy next door. He said that's a full time job if you want it and I will even pay you to mow mine. And you can use my mower to mow lawns. But it comes back clean and with gas in it, ok. He said hang on a few minutes. He came back out with a envelope with the $$ from the guy next store. He said I figured you would mow for a few weeks and be gone. So maybe I'd get my $$ back sooner if you worked over there. But you are a good kid and stuck with it.

I mowed his grass and shoveled snow for 5-6 years for him and others in the neighbor hood. He even bought a new mower and I tried to help pay for it but no, just help take care of my yard. Nice man! He passed away. I still took care of his yard until his wife moved away. For free. All threw high school I moved snow, raked leaves and mowed yards while working part time in a TV shop. I did not have time to get in trouble. I learned a lot of valuable life lessons over those years. I think I am a better man now.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom