• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Prior to 9/11, we flew the flag on the 'normal' flag days: Flag Day (June 14th, 2015 BTW), Armed Forces Day (May 16th, 2015), Independence Day, and so forth.

On the morning of 9/11, after the 2nd plane hit, we put up the flag, and installed a spotlight for it. It has flown 24/7 since, only taken down when being replaced with a 'fresh' one (about twice a year).

This flag will not be returned to a 'normal observance schedule' until the war against the terrorists is over, or the last one in the household dies.

:patriot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Outside my home, North End of Lafayette, morning of March 7th, 2015.

20150307_104007_zps3252a8dd.jpg

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I have been wanting to get a flag pole out here for a few years. Toss up between cost and what i want. I have used a small flag pole that you mount on a building. The winds we have here are so strong it has broken several times. Wanting to go with a strong tall pole. Maybe 40 feet or more. I just don't think the telescopic ones will do it. We have too much wind.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I have been wanting to get a flag pole out here for a few years. Toss up between cost and what i want. I have used a small flag pole that you mount on a building. The winds we have here are so strong it has broken several times. Wanting to go with a strong tall pole. Maybe 40 feet or more. I just don't think the telescopic ones will do it. We have too much wind.

If you want keep your pole erect, size really does matter. :rockwoot:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have a 48 star I want to fly, and I'd like to get a Gadsden flag to go with it. I know it's not current, but it's to honor our WWII vets. My brother actually has a 49 star he got during the few months it was a thing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bought a house in August, and looked forward to having my first flag.

I have one on the front porch now. I bring it in at night because there's no proper light on it. It's part of the routine now, and I'm glad to have one.

On days with nice weather, I'll go out with a dram of scotch, my 1911 on my side, and a good cigar... That's my enjoyment as I protest the ATF. Hah.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Spring project to get ours back up. I repaired the pole and bracket several times since last fall, and finally took it down when the bracket failed completely. So, I'll build something a TAD more robust (no cheap pot metal) and get a good light on it.

Top Bottom