• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    The offerings are many. Moras do a decent job, Condor Bushlore, Kabar, EsEE all nice knives. I would look at a solid handle to blade model, a really tough carry case, fixed blade. You also need a smaller Stockman w/ 3 blades, or a Buck 110 to balance work. Multitool is great, but you need blades too.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    True, I'm getting the 6 first because it will be pretty versatile, but someday I'll get one of each.

Excellent starting point!

My first was a pre-ESEE RAT 4. Life was simpler then . . . ah, the good ol' days.

All of this talk of ESEEs got me to visit their web site. I saw the RB3 and DC6. Not available yet, but I must have them.

Apparently I'm addicted.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Excellent starting point!

My first was a pre-ESEE RAT 4. Life was simpler then . . . ah, the good ol' days.

All of this talk of ESEEs got me to visit their web site. I saw the RB3 and DC6. Not available yet, but I must have them.

Apparently I'm addicted.

what was that about addiction?

7cd188b3b10d0ac5022edb8a3e236a12_zpsdb0ffcbb.jpg

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have looked at the Tops BOB and it seems like it would be heavy. Does it feel different in the hand?

I have handled it but never used it. The serrations on the spine were too sharp for me. They were spread too far apart and let them cut into my thumb to deep. Also the flare of the handle at the end didn't work with my hands.

These are just my opinions from holding it.

I started with Esee then went to Busse/kin. My budget allowed me to. But there are plenty of other knives, Mora, Becker, Ontario, couple other Swedish knives (since we're are talking bushcraft).

The only reason to pick Esee over Scrap Yard Knives(Busse-kin) since they cost the same, is the Esee comes with a sheath Scrap yard dont. And while some ppl don't find it an issue paying $45 for a kydex sheath. It is a added expensive that complacates the process Beyond what most ppl want to deal with. Totally understandable. In nearly every regard Busses are superior knives. But so is the price.

Top Bottom