• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I have some really nice vintage German wood chisels and a 1940's era Stanley bench plane that my dad had gotten from his father, as well as several nice old Diston hand saws.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Dad passed away several years ago. I have his 5" Colt Official Police revolver from his days on the Dayton Police Department. Also have his leather duty belt with swivel holster, drop pouches and handcuffs. Also have his motorcycle jacket and helmet from his days when he rode an Electra Glide.

Pic is not the exact gun, but one identical to what I have.
    cop5.jpg

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    When Dad passed Mom had his three Case knives out one day when I was there. She said there are three of you boys so pick one out. My two brothers lived out of town so you know who got the best one. Also have a eight oz claw hammer Dad gave Mom to keep in the house for her hammering needs. The handle is cracked and the black electrical tape repair that was done 30 yrs ago is still on it. Mom cracked hickory nuts with it to put in Christmas cookies. I sure miss them both.

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    I have my dads 870 12 gauge and my mothers 870 20 gauge std frame. I had to buy them from the guy he sold them to at the bar ........The gentleman (a true gentleman) called me on a sunday afternoon and said I have something ya may want. Bought them for what he paid. $150 for the pair. Dad always lacked judgement three days in a drunk. Mom had just died and he,Dad, was killing brain cells and memories.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Christmas memories, camping memories, basic electronics/electricity knowledge, how to take stuff apart, fix it, and put it back together. Craftsman (OLD) tools. His grandmother's rolling block(?) 22 short rifle purchased by selling some kind of salve. Oh, so many things to be grateful for. Merry Christmas memories to all, and to all a Good Night!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I have the only knife my dad owned - his WWII US Navy issue K-Bar with original sheath that has his initials stamped on it. We broke the tip off many years ago while camping.

That's very cool. I have my grampa's aluminum mess kit that he used in France in WWI. On the lid it has a really nice engraving he did of, like, a pin-up girl from a poster. There's another engraving of another semi-nude girl on the back. The kit is still black on the bottom where my brother and I used it over campfires when we were kids.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I have my dads old timer pocket knife that he gave me years ago. Nothing fancy, it opened many a bday and Christmas present in its day! But IÂ’ll keep it, it was dads. He can have it back whenever he likes though.

When I was young I always noticed grandpa’s keychain pocket knife. It’s very small like 2.75-3.5” in length and maybe .5” wide. A single blade. It isnt shiny or fancy, the pearl cover was partially broken off on one side of it. I’m embarrassed to say as a kid I always wondered why he would carry around such a tiny and next to useless knife. Though I never asked him that. Then one day, well into my 30’s and he well into his late 80’s, told us the story about it. In short...He was a part of the clean up effort at Pearl Harbor and was stationed in Hawaii. While he missed the attack and wasn’t harmed, he was witness to the post devastation and while on a break taking a stroll on a beach he sat down in the sand and spotted that tiny little knife mostly buried in the sand. He said he’s carried it every day since. I have two of his belongings after he passed. This tiny knife is one of them. I wish like hell that I could give it back to him. Man, it just got dusty in here...

Edit* Ummm, why are there capital A’s with points all throughout this post??

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have my grandad's slide rule from his high school days. Wish i knew how to use it.
    I have my grandfather's K+E slide rule from when he worked for Republic Steel, made of what looks like mahogany and ivory. Two of my uncles owned it after him, both engineers. At one time I did know how to use it - our physics teacher in high school would not allow calculators. I also have grandpa/relative pocket watches. My mom's dad owned a 21 jewel 18 size open face Ball in a swing-out case, fully adjusted (he had to keep track of trains in and out of his coke plant). My dad's dad owned a 15 jewel 16 size hunter case Elgin. My mom's uncle was the assistant Catholic bishop of Canton, Ohio, and received a Hallmark (Illinois) 21 jewel 14 size open face fully adjusted diamond end stone appreciation watch from the Knights of St. John. Eventually to be passed on to the kids along with the stories.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have my grandpa’s pocket knife he carried most his life. I believe it started out as a Hawkbill, but after 60+ years of sharpening, the profile has changed a bit.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have Dad’s knives. This includes the two he carried regular, one a Buck and the other a Craftsmen. He was a millwright at Chrysler and used them so they show a lot of wear. I also got some of his guns.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Dad passed away at 90 recently. He was a tremendously good man. We need more like him. I have his Case Sodbuster he carried most of his life, and even better a hatchet he got when he was 4 years old. Still very good condition.

Miss him.

Don

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    When I got married 27 years ago, I bought identical Gerber LST pocket knives for my Best Man, Groomsmen, and one that I carry to this day.

cc3dcac6-6cb8-4291-9388-8789a412e5ea_1.792384eef148c530e5540f5bf39cbc7a.jpeg

When my Dad passed, I went out and bought identical Gerber Traverse pocket knives. One is buried with my Dad. One I gave to my Uncle. Four for my step brothers. One to the the Pastor, and one that I carry when dressed up.

gerber-traverse-600x600.jpg

Both of them will be in my pocket when my daughters someday get married. When I pass on, one will be passed on to each of them.

Top Bottom