Your favorite Survival/Post-apoc/Disaster movies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Just watched a movie on Amazon prime called "the blackout".... an okay movie (I think it had 2.5 stars out of 5) but some preppers should get a kick out of it

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have that recorded... was on the fence but will watch it now just on your recommendation. If it sucks I blame you.

The fun part happens early in the movie. I can say no more!

It's actually pretty good. The gun and tactics stuff are well done. The lead is the same guy who played Randy Shughart in "Blackhawk Down."

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    10 Cloverfield Lane, an awesome bunker. The Road, a great example of how most people will fare. The Grey, surviving in the Alaskan wilderness, same with Into The Wild. The Way Back, about escaped POWs that walk from Siberia to India. These are the ones that I can think of right now.

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    When I was a kid the original Planet of the Apes had a pretty big impact on me. In high school the original Red Dawn. Romero zombie movies.
    Another one that made me think was a British film called No Blade of Grass.

Jkwrangler70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    Watched "Book of Eli" last year and enjoyed it, and just watched "The Road" last night. Trying to find more good movies in similar settings.

I hear a lot about "A Boy and his Dog", and I'm told the Mad Max series of movies is worth seeing. Do they hold up well?

What are your favorite movies that involve survival/preparedness concepts?

if you haven't read the novel "The Road" by Cormac McArther you are missing out and doing yourself a disservice!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    The fun part happens early in the movie. I can say no more!

It's actually pretty good. The gun and tactics stuff are well done. The lead is the same guy who played Randy Shughart in "Blackhawk Down."

Started watching it then company showed up. At first I thought I saw George but it was some other bald guy... then I saw what you were talking about. Wasn't even aware that he made it to the big screen.

Looks to be a decent show. Have it in que again. I honestly would have noticed without the hint, but it was fun to try.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Started watching it then company showed up. At first I thought I saw George but it was some other bald guy... then I saw what you were talking about. Wasn't even aware that he made it to the big screen.

Looks to be a decent show. Have it in que again. I honestly would have noticed without the hint, but it was fun to try.

Hah! You'll want to watch it over and over. It's still in my rental folder on the Hopper, so I think I'll watch that scene a few times tonight.

Apparently I missed it when I watched it Friday night. Not unusual for me. I miss a lot of "background" stuff in movies.

Matt

Go back and watch the scene where the cops suckered into an ambush by the woman with a "baby" on the street.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Hah! You'll want to watch it over and over. It's still in my rental folder on the Hopper, so I think I'll watch that scene a few times tonight.

Go back and watch the scene where the cops suckered into an ambush by the woman with a "baby" on the street.

Already returned to Redbox. Don't recall anything unusual. If it was someone special, I'd never notice them.

Matt

tc556guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Just saw this.....The best disaster movie I have seen in a while...Really good.....

[video=youtube;Fu75D5tvxBA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu75D5tvxBA[/video]

Saw it in the theatre last year and enjoyed it.
    I was surprised our local artsy granola theatre played it. Probably because it was foreign.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Last time I tried to watch The Wave it was in foreign language and subtitled. I decided to try it again today and it has been dubbed in English. Rockslide just started.

Matt

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Not a movie, but I really enjoy the Survivalist Series of books by A. American. They are a very in depth look at life during SHTF following and EMP/Solar Flare SHTF scenario. As far as movies, The Road and The Book of Eli are some of the best post-SHTF movies that I have seen to date.

I really enjoyed Book of Eli but it likely had more to do with Mila Kunis than the plot!

I read on my iPhone on the Kindle app. I’d love to read The Road and A. American’s series but they are a bit out of my price range. I’m used to $.99 to $4.99 books. Both of these are $12 each on Amazon. I could spring for The Road as it is only one edition. There are at least 9 in the the other series. $108 is too steep for me.

Matt

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I feel like I want to reread The Survivalist series by Jerry Ahern. Post-apocalyptic fiction, guns, and Walter Mitty together!

luckydog465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    does anyone remember a original movie that aired in the 90's about a neighborhood that went through a long black out?

Top Bottom