Your favorite "YouTube" firearm reviewer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    For reviews, my favs are:

MAC
    Honest Outlaw
    Garand Thumb
    Mr. Guns N Gear

I also watch Warrior Poet (John Lovell), but he's not really a gear reviewer.

Colion and Demo Ranch both went down in my book when they reviewed that folding glock monstrosity and didn't actually use it hard or try to break it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Ian and Karl have the best firearms content on the Youtubes, with Paul Harrell as my pick for close second. They rarely "review" guns, but when they do they go very in depth as with their MDR videos.

The problem with IV8888/MAC/Sootch/Garand/Nutn/Hickok/etc is that they are all, fundamentally, in the gun advertising business. They get free stuff and/or direct payments in exchange for presenting products. They produce such a volume of videos that they are clearly not doing meaningful tests beyond a couple boxes of ammo before forwarding the gun to the next guy. I am extremely skeptical of many of the claimed round counts on these channels, and I view them as mainly being for entertainment and presentation purposes only.

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    Here are my top 10

Paul Harrel is my number 1, and 2, and 3, and 4, and 5, and 6, and 7, and 8. Wonderful information, testing, and delivery. By far the best gun channel overall. All the Chuck Norris and Colt jokes about him are totally warranted.

MAC - great technical info, esp in terms of mechanics of the gun and I love that he also goes into disassembly of the guns. Also love that he really tries to properly pronounce the names of foreign guns, even though he fails miserably every time.

IV8888 - good info, when they do reviews. And speaking of pronouncing foreign names, oh my goodness, the way he says them is sooo wrong, but soooo cute!

Now I'm going to spout heresy here, but I don't like Hickok45's reviews. The fact that he almost never has anything negative to say about any gun and their mechanics just makes me disinterested. I watch his vids, but not for review information. They're good for shooting impressions and seeing how the guns handle. Not hating on him or anything, great shooting channel overall, just not terribly informative.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Paul Harrell is VERY informative, but not really a reviewer. His productions are excellent and his droll sense of humor leavens what is sometimes a dull topic...

I can watch his vids over and over... always something you didn't pick up the first time through.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I didn't realize how much people like Hickok. I haven't watched one of his videos in years. I like Garand Thumb, MrGunsNGear, and MAC most because I feel like they aren't always just a bunch of facts about the gun and end with "I like it" there are others I watch too many named already but those three tend to be my favorites.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    *Sage Dynamics
    *Primary/Secondary
    *Presscheck Consulting
    *Modern Samurai Project
    *Reid Heinrich

I guess, for the most part, they're not gun reviewers but great providers of info on mindset and skill.
    I despise gun reviewers LOL

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
    I would add John Lovell/Warrior Poet Society to that list, and it would nearly mimic mine,save for Reid.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    A big +1 for Paul Harrell. I watch most of the others mentioned as well. One that I would add is Kentucky Ballistics. Not a bunch of actual firearm reviews but lots of fun technical ammunition tests.

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    A big +1 for Paul Harrell. I watch most of the others mentioned as well. One that I would add is Kentucky Ballistics. Not a bunch of actual firearm reviews but lots of fun technical ammunition tests.
    I started watching Kentucky Ballistics over a year ago and that is easily my favorite YouTube channel.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Nutnfancy for pure gun/gear review channel, but my favorite guns in general channels are Forgotten Weapons, InrangeTV and C&Rsenal. I consider a 'review' channel to be something that sticks mostly to over-the-counter currently available stuff and those three don't really qualify or at least specialize in that.

I'll watch a lot of the others but most of the time they're little more than,......"it's a gun,.....bang bang bang,....it shoots,....load load load,....bang bang bang,.....yeah, it's a gun." I usually watch the vid and then can't remember which gun it was.

Top Bottom