Your favorite "YouTube" firearm reviewer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I can't say that I am familiar with a whole lot of reviewers on YouTube. But I've always liked Hickcok45. Down to earth guy, fun to watch who just likes shooting guns like the rest of us.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Little heads up folks. The gents over at The Georgia Shooting Connection and Reloader's Network are reporting that this week YouTube is beginning to enforce their eventual banning of all firearms related videos.

[video=youtube;NaxfnphRJo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaxfnphRJo8[/video]

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    TNOutdoors9 just posted a new video review. That's his first one in quite a while.

[video=youtube_share;X37WjVV-IOI]http://youtu.be/X37WjVV-IOI[/video]

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I didn't realize how much people like Hickok. I haven't watched one of his videos in years. I like Garand Thumb, MrGunsNGear, and MAC most because I feel like they aren't always just a bunch of facts about the gun and end with "I like it" there are others I watch too many named already but those three tend to be my favorites.

I think it is because he is kind of like the Bob Ross of shooting videos, shooting a happy little target over there and another over here. He has a soft, soothing voice, clearly enjoys what he is doing and even when being critical of a particular firearm, sounds fairly positive.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I watch most of the channels mentioned here BUT have tried to view them on Full30.com if possible.

I don't know if that makes any $ for these channels or not but I can't stand YouTube for what they are doing.

I don't see the latest MAC videos over there. Not sure why.

It would be great to see which of these had Patreon accounts. I know most do.

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    These are the three I routinely watch:

As mentioned by many others, Hickok45 is a laid back shooting enthusiast who discusses many different firearms, mostly handguns. I've searched his channel to find basic information about some contemporary handguns. He occasionally has a vintage or antique, but not that often. Paul Herrell has excellent practical commentary regarding types of small arms, their calibers, and their utility. Includes some excellent comparisons of arms and ammunition for them. His use of the meat (raw ribs), watermelon and leather jacket to simulate a living target is a welcome change from the ubiquitous ballistic gel.

The last one, C&Rsenal features Othais and Mae, a couple who review historic and collectible firearms in great depth. Their series on WWI small arms is phenomenal. They include 3-D animations of the action inside the firearm to show exactly how it works. It includes a demonstration of actually firing it, with the shot group and an impression about how well it performed as a military arm.

John

Top Bottom