• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Doggy Daddy, my first gun, was a Mossberg bolt action .410. My Dad gave me for Christmas. If you want to "see" mine, just let me know, and we will get together... The first gun I bought is in my avatar, the Std. Model Ruger .22, I bought at Em Roe, at Southern plaza... I think I paid $97.50. (in 1977).

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Daisy Red Ryder style when I was around 8, Crossman pumpmaster at 10, then Marlin model 60 at 12. I spent most of my spare time as a young teenager wandering the woods with that marlin. It's still my squirrel rifle, but is going to be retired soon for a bolt gun. My first shotgun was an NEF 12 gauge single shot, took many quail, pheasants, rabbits, and my first deer with it.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I dont remember how old I was, maybe 8-10...? My dad got me a Remington Viper 522. I sold it when I was in collage. Wish I hadnt.

btownie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Monroe County
    I wasn't allowed to have guns when I was growing up. But I remember shooting my friends Red Ryder at pop cans. First real gun I ever shot was the good ol Remington 870. First gun I ever owned was a 10/22..still got it. :)

Rob52pars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Demotte, IN
    First gun i fired was a daisy bb rifle. The first gun i owned was a 20 gauge single shot handed down from my father. He used to take me rabbit hunting with it and i still have it to this day.

"now lean forward and choke yourself!"

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    First time I ever shot a real gun (not pellet) I was probly about 8 yeras old. I went to my family reunion in South Dakota, My great uncle and moms cousin and another guy took me and my 2nd cousin dove hunting. We were the dogs and scared the birds up all day, at the end of the day we all went up by the barn and they let me and my cousin both shoot the shotguns (12 guage but don't know what they were other than that) I was scared but excited. When they asked who wanted to go first I jumped at the opportunity and killed a sun flower in cold blood.:D
    My cousin who was a farm kid from from SD shot it second, he must have not had it tight to his shoulder and he went to the ground in tears. The family laughed at him and I felt like a real badass.
    The first gun I owned I was about 13, I was invited to go skeet shooting with a freind and his stepfather. My grandpa took me down to a pawn shop (closed now) and bought me a mossburg 500 12 Ga. standard bird type gun. I have been hooked ever since. although the next gun I got was when I was 18 and could buy them on my own.

Marlin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    North Liberty
    First long gun was a Daisy Powerline Single shot pellet rifle.

First real long gun was a Marlin 795 that was just purchased in May of this year.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Besides the odd b-b gun, I got my Dad's Savage Fox model B when he died when I was 8 years old. Next came a Marlin model 60 in about '85 for Christmas. First gun I bought was a Colt new frontier in .22

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My mom hated guns so the only time we ever got to shoot when we were kids was when we'd visit family out in OK. Uncle Robert would take us out to a family friend's farm to shoot cans and try to pick off a prairie dog (dont think we ever got one). One year he sent my brother and I each a .22 rifle for Christmas. He sent me a Nylon 66. Still have it and it is still a shooter. Mom was not happy.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    My grandfather gave me a remington 550 used to be my uncles when he was a boy and its a great gun. Still no probs with it, shoots everytime. I think it was made in the 1940s?

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    First gun (and i still own it) was a Savage Arms model 1904 dated 1905 in .22SL and .22Lr. its is a single shot bolt action that took my first rabbit and squirrel. Its old now, retired 25 years ago with a cracked bolt lock. Ive never meant to repair it, or bring her back. I let her rest in piece on my wall a a testament to old things made by america that you cant get in that kinda quality today.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My first gun was a Taurus model 669 357 magnum. I had originally gone to GM to look at the lightweight 38 specials because it was suggested that since I was a petite girl, that should be the gun I should get. I was looking at a Taurus lightweight 38 special with crimson trace. The guy was telling me how great the crimson trace was but that I shouldn't use it because it would give my location away and I could get shot. Everything about that gun made me nervous and didn't feel right.

A case over was a big, shiny 357 with wooden grips. I had no intention of buying it, it looked huge to me. I just wanted to hold it in my hands. That was all I wanted to do. Of course once in was in my hands, it felt so right. I liked the way it felt. I knew I had to take it home with me. So I did.

I have since shot a Taurus lightweight 38 special and hated it. I am glad I bought the 357 instead.

Top Bottom