• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    First real gun I shot was a Glock 21 and then a Glock 26, that was in 2010.
    First and only gun I own, Glock 19 as of June 2011.

scooterb

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    evansville
    First gun I ever shot was my dads s&w .357 when I was 5 years old. After I shot the .357 he let me shoot his .44 mag that kicked me right on my butt, but I loved it. First gun i ever bought was a Sig p220 in .45.

ar1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Story ,IN
    H&R topper 20 ga. single shot my 6th birthday present from my uncle first time I shot it I was standing on the down side of a hill shooting up and it rolled me to the bottom . man what a great memory . and I think about it every fall when I take it tree rat hunting. no its not my best gun buy far but you cant buy 33 years of memories.

HJezler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    i don't remember how old i was when my uncle first took me to shoot .22s, i must have been around 8. first gun i owned was an arsenal ak i bought for my 18th birthday.

powerhouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first firearm

When I was around 8 I told my dad I wanted to hunt with my own gun. He took me to the next muncie gun and knife show and we purchased what I thought was the most beautiful shotgun in the building ecspecially being in my $70 price range. It was a stevens single shot 16 ga. I had to sell her during an emergency in high school and I would give three times as much to have it back.:patriot:

rcdouble2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    First gun I ever shot was a old Winchester single shot, red letter something, full choke 12ga at a turkey shoot. I may have been 12 or 13 and weighed maybe 100 lbs soaking wet. I remember ending up 10 feet back from the line on my back side. BUT won the ham!! Mom was not very happy with the bruse left on my shoulder. Soon after that I got my first gun, a marlin model 60.

ewhitehouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Corydon, IN
    The first gun I ever shot was a H&R 410 my grandfather found that was covered in rust and had no stock. He is a carpenter so he made a new stock for the gun and re-blued it. Its 23 years since he made it for me and I still am killing squirrels with the very same gun.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    H&R topper 20 ga. single shot my 6th birthday present from my uncle first time I shot it I was standing on the down side of a hill shooting up and it rolled me to the bottom . man what a great memory . and I think about it every fall when I take it tree rat hunting. no its not my best gun buy far but you cant buy 33 years of memories.

Very similar one for me...H&R single shot 20ga. My dad nailed a paper plate to a tree and backed me up. Sat me on a log 15 yards away and told me to have at it. I'd been shooting bb guns under his supervision for a few years but never a real gun. I took careful aim and let loose.

Never saw if I hit the target as the recoil knocked me backward off the log and onto my back. I had no idea what happened until my dad picked me up. He claims he did it on purpose to teach me to respect the power of guns. I think he just messed up and wasn't thinking. But after all these years it is a fond memory.

First gun I purchased for myself was an Ithacha featherlight 20 pump. That gun was a piece of junk that I sold about a year later.

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    Age 4: Keystone Arms Cricket
    60704.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    First gun I ever shot was a Mossberg 410 pump shotgun my dad bought for, which I still have. The first gun I ever bought was a Yugo SKS, sold that one a while back to fund other purchases, that one pretty well started the gun sickness:D

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    First gun my dad gave me was a mossberg 410 shotgun, i cant imagine me getting rid of that thing ever, when i was old enough he gave a ruger gp100 357 mag that is my favorite and most cherished gun. The sentimental value is plentiful in that gun

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    First gun I ever bought and shot was a Marlin model 60. Awesome gun. I still have it today...

..you know, considering I bought it about 4 months ago.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I started shooting with my dad's Marlin 39A Mountie. We would sit out back of the house and he would make me tell him safety rules before he'd let me shoot.

When he gave me my first gun, it was a Savage Model 24 O/U - 22LR/410. Yep - still have it. Used to kill a squirrel or two with it.

1942 K98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Shelbytucky
    The first gun I ever shot was a Remington shot gun, I think it was an 870 express. The first gun i ever owned was a 1942 German K98, still have it. :)

Christian

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    I've been around guns for most of my life. But my first buy, was an experience...

I was at the 1500, and searching for a nice, reasonably priced 1911. I found a nice one for $400. And decided to just check around before settling on it. I went to another booth, and really liked the one I ran across there. I asked the guy how much it was, to which he replied $749 out the door price. I replied with "That's a bit high for a handgun in my opinion." And began to walk away. He then grabbed me, and stated that I was crazy. This was the best price on a 1911 I was going to find. I explained that I had just looked at one for $400, and was probably going to go ahead with that. He then explained that if I was telling the truth, to take him to it, and if it was a decent firearm for that price, he would give me all the money he had made that day. I then proceeded to show him the 1911. He picked up the nearly identical 1911 in .22 chamber and laughed saying "This is a .22... That over there's a .45". He then walked away before I could say anything, and I purchased my American Classic 1911 right then and there. lol

What an interesting first buy, indeed. :spend:

The first gun I ever shot however, was a .308 Win. I went venturing upstairs at Grandma's house around the age of 8, and found a way into Grandpa's gun cabinet. The rifle was longer than I was tall, so the muzzle was sitting on the ground. I then opened the drawer, figured out how to load the ammo based on what I saw Grandpa doing a few times before, and shot a hole in the floor. Grandma was outside in the garden, and the TV was on downstairs. Nobody ever found out about it, and I covered the hole with an area rug, which stayed in place until I moved it to show my friend on a trip back home about a year ago. :laugh:

Last edited:

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    The first gun I ever shot was a .22 Marlin when I was 8 years old, and I still have it. My dad then gave my first shotgun when I was 10. It is a Deer Slayer slug gun, and I still have that as well.

The first gun I paid for was an 870 when I was 18. Then my first handgun was a Taurus 24/7, which I just sold last month. Felt like I gave a child away.

Top Bottom