• ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    G.I. .45 issued to me by my Uncle Sam.
    He lent me many of them for over twenty-one years.
    Mostly Remington Rands and Ithaca's, I never drew a Colt from any Army arms room around the world.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    S&W Model 19. Qualified with it, and carried it as my first duty weapon when my agency was issuing worn out Model 15's. When I joined ISP, qualified with it there, kept it in my car as a second weapon.. Foolishly got rid of it, always regretted that.

Eventually I was able to buy one just like it, but in better shape, from another INGO member. This is one of my favorite handguns, and it gets fired monthly during good weather.

jwleeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I feel out of place here. My 1st pistol was a Ruger Single Six convertible .22 and .22 Mag. I still like and have Ruger 3 screw pistols.

DoubleJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    Blued Ruger Single Six 22lr/mag 7in barrel, target sights, trigger job. It was a gift to my Father in 1965 from my Mother. In the mid 70s when Clint and Westerns were king I would hunt our property with it in a Bianchi leather western holster on my right hip carrying a .22 Ithaca Saddle rifle. Many varmits, squirrels, and rabbits met their end while on patrol. Very fond memories of growing up with firearms in common use and a father who took the time to teach their proper use. Even better was passing on the tradition to my three sons. Looking forward to seeing the same joy of shooting and hunting in the eyes of grandchildren when the come along.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    late 70's i bought a LLama 22LR pistol for $50 from a co worker.
    sold it to another coworker a few years later for $50

:cheers:

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    Colt Targetsman for me. Went to a small gun shop around Cloverdale in the mid seventies looking to buy a Ruger Mark I. Next to it was the Colt which I couldn't resist. Still have it and it looks almost as good as the day I bought it.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    A savage 954 when I turned 18... first rifle was a mossberg 100atr in .270 and first handgun was a ruger sr9e. Both bought as soon as I was allowed after I moved back after the corps. The sr9 was great, but at the lgs/ range, I happen to see a beretta 92fs... just like I was issued.. well I had to have it. Then i noticed a pattern after a while and here we are today... safe is full, so I have a second safe at a second location.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    K-frame S&W model 13 .357 magnum 4 inch barrel basic revolver purchased in 1981. Bought it while I was home on leave between overseas duty assignments. Second one was a Ruger Mk II with a 6 inch taper barrel purchased in 1984. Still have both of them.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Many years ago, I quickly needed a handgun for personal protection but had little available funds. I bought a Rossi revolver in .38 special. Not my first choice, but it worked.

I later gave it to friend who was in the same situation as I was earlier.

Jt22453

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    Greenwood
    My dads Springfield 1911. It was stolen along with 17 other guns by my junkie brother after my dad passed away. I got it back along with a sig sauer p230 and an .357 1873 single action army clone from American Western Arms. Gave the Sig to my older brother and kept the the other 2. Love that gun.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    My dads Springfield 1911. It was stolen along with 17 other guns by my junkie brother after my dad passed away. I got it back along with a sig sauer p230 and an .357 1873 single action army clone from American Western Arms. Gave the Sig to my older brother and kept the the other 2. Love that gun.

That's sad, glad to see you recovered at least something to remember your dad by.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Ruger GP100

A good friend's dad taught me to shoot when I was in high school. He was an LA sheriff in a narcotics unit. He had a Security Six, Browning Hi Power and a department issued MP5 rifle and he taught his son and I to shoot them all. The GP100 was the natural fit when I could afford my own.

Mike

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Lorcin L380 because that's the only handgun my schoolmate offered for sale. Broke me of being a gun snob right off the rip. In all seriousness, it was a wonderful shooting gun (bricks are heavy!) and once I got old enough to legally purchase any gun I wanted I realized that those "quality" guns don't necessarily shoot better.

Top Bottom