• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I feel out of place here. My 1st pistol was a Ruger Single Six convertible .22 and .22 Mag. I still like and have Ruger 3 screw pistols.
    Not at all out of place. My second pistol was a Super Single Six convertible in 1976. Says so on the barrel. I had the gun shop (The Bullet Hole) check in the back for one that didn't have "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty" on it. I thought it was a bit over the top. Still have it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Taurus PT99 AF-D. Wanted a centerfire pistol, as I had never owned one.

Wanted a "Berreta" but couldn't stand the frame mounted safety, or the price. It's been a great pistol, minus a broken rear sight blade another enthusiast helped me repair. Probably the pistol I am most accurate with, though that is not saying much.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    A 6" Smith & Wesson 686 back in 1987. I no longer have that one but picked up another in 1994 and still shoot it on a routine basis.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My very first firearm was a Pietta 1858 Remington cap and ball revolver, that sat in a drawer for the better part of a year without ever being shot.

I decided black powder was a dumb way to learn, so I bought a Ruger SR22 for $100 more than I should have paid. Still got it.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    High Standard Camp Gun .22LR/.22Mag 9 shot DA revolver or a Colt Trooper Mk. III 6" .357. I can't remember which came first. I bought the Colt at the Indianapolis Sports Headquarters on Arlington and the Camp Gun at Mace's Jewelry and Sporting Goods at 21st and Post. It seems strange to think of a gun shop/jewelry store any more.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Smith and Wesson 469... My dad gave it to me, I sold it about 4 years out of college, mostly as I had other firearms. Still had the original stocks, box, papers, and Pachmeyer stocks as well, plus a box of 20 Winchester 147gr SXT rounds, two mags. I still, to this day, kick myself for selling it as it was my first. I carried it all my early life, then in a wild hair for a stupid project, sold it to fund a 1911 build that would have gotten done in 6 months if I had saved instead of selling the Smith.

Carried really nice, wasn't horrifically accurate and had a LONG DA trigger, but very smooth shooting for it's time and vintage. I also sold it before I found out that I could stick 5906 mags in it. :( If I could get it back... I keep looking for them on gunbroker but none are as nice as the one I had, very beat up. I might pick up one in the future and have it around for entertainment value again. Vanilla gun, but lots of memories. :)

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Bought 2 first guns. Mine is a M10 S&W, 4in, Thin BBl in blue. Wifey got a Beretta 25ACP. Both took a Handgun Course from a local Gun Shop/Range. Wifey was overall a better shot with the M10! We tried the little Beretta, but traded for another S&W. Got a M36 Snub. Still have M10, followed me through LEO Academy, Security gigs, CCW. Wifey had the M36 for over 10 years till our apartment got burglared. Never recovered by PD. Bought a Bodyguard M38 and carried it for 20 years. Those guns were fantastic. Traded M38 for a M442 still carried daily. My M10 is now a nighttable Home Defense gun for Wifey, and I double up a Glock 19, and the 442. Perfect pair to CCW. Good luck!

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    My first was a Walther P1. Post war production, but came with 1943 dated holster.

I originally bought this from a guy in my church to give to my grandfather as a present. My grandfather was a big collector of WWII memorabilia, and he had cancer, so I thought this would be a good gift for him to own before he passed. He ended up passing away, and the gun was inherited right back to me. I still shoot it a bit. It's an excellent shooter, and it has contributed to my love of Walther handguns.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Not at all out of place. My second pistol was a Super Single Six convertible in 1976. Says so on the barrel. I had the gun shop (The Bullet Hole) check in the back for one that didn't have "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty" on it. I thought it was a bit over the top. Still have it.

Not my first pistol; but, when I was 16, my Dad bought a Ruger MKI in 1976 that also had "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty" stamped in the top of the receiver. Dad sold it to me. I traded it back to Dad for a S&W Model 15. While in his possession, Dad added target sights and then he gifted it back to me a few years later. I traded it back to Dad for his really sweet(...for the early 1980's) Commodore 64 set up. Then, finally I inherited it from him when he passed away in 2001. I still have it. It is a fine shooter. I still take it out to plink upon occasion.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My first handgun was in early 1984, a S&W Model 19 Nickel Plated .357 Magnum 4" barrel.
    Carried it with a shoulder holster.

Last edited:

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Colt lawman 2" 357. Dad gave it to me when I got out of army. I was 22 years old.
    It was stolen from my house about 15years ago. I miss that gun. I'll get another some day.

jglevyjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Indianapolis
    My first gun was the S&W .22 LR and .22 Magnum, silver (maybe their term was something other than "silver" ... been too long ago). My home at that time was in Perry Township (south side of Indianapolis) and was broken into and this gun was stolen. I've missed it ever since. When shooting mags, it was really really loud and you needed to use ear protection. Quick and easy to interchange cylinders from LR to mag. See pic (found on internet). Survival22s036.jpg

AmateurE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2017
    NWI
    Ruger Security Six .357 Mag, mostly shot 38 special reloads, but always loaded up a hot 357 mag shell as the 6th round for those buddy's that thought revolver's time had passed.

Cardsfan29315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    New Albany
    First handgun I had was given to me by my father, Sig P226 MK25. I’ve slowly been able to acquire quite a few since then but it’s still my favorite (kinda like a first love).

Top Bottom