• ...and so much more!
  • radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Yep, never know when you'll run into a frozen bird in mid-air...

Chicken Cannon

The US Federal Aviation Administration has a unique device for testing the strength of windshields on airplanes. The device is a gun that launches a dead chicken at a plane's windshield at approximately the speed the plane flies.

The theory is that if the windshield doesn't crack from the carcass impact, it'll survive a real collision with a bird during flight.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Chicken Cannon

The US Federal Aviation Administration has a unique device for testing the strength of windshields on airplanes. The device is a gun that launches a dead chicken at a plane's windshield at approximately the speed the plane flies.

The theory is that if the windshield doesn't crack from the carcass impact, it'll survive a real collision with a bird during flight.
    I know what a chicken cannon is and tests against...was being facetious. Toured Allison Gas Turbine back when first out of college and interviewed there once for a job.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm sitting out in the screen porch with my laptop and a Quaff On, Fan Man is flying around south of 36 and he's harshing my mellow.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So you still stopped at Buc-ee's right?

Yes. Then again on the way back. Knowing it was there, I filled up in Gulf Shores, filled up at Buc-ee's at the AL/TN border, and filled up at Costco on County Line. We didn't stop for food until we got there, either. Dollar for quality, their sandwiches and chips are a pretty solid option.

If I could change anything about the Power Wagon, it would be a 36 gallon tank like the 1/2 ton optional tank vs the 30 gallon that's the only option for the 3/4 ton. I need to figure out a better way to secure my Jerry can in the bed.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yes. Then again on the way back. Knowing it was there, I filled up in Gulf Shores, filled up at Buc-ee's at the AL/TN border, and filled up at Costco on County Line. We didn't stop for food until we got there, either. Dollar for quality, their sandwiches and chips are a pretty solid option.

If I could change anything about the Power Wagon, it would be a 36 gallon tank like the 1/2 ton optional tank vs the 30 gallon that's the only option for the 3/4 ton. I need to figure out a better way to secure my Jerry can in the bed.
    In the bed?!? Heaven forbid, you can't do that!
    C1CAD246-A821-4326-982A-99A8F0B78002.jpeg
    Gotta go all the way!
    Look the part!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    View attachment 319322
    Gotta go all the way!
    Look the part!
    The hardest off-road that truck has ever seen, was driving across a field of harvested corn. Or maybe the water splashing up the sides in a rainstorm with the tires hanging out of the wheel wells.

Question, does it mean you've twisted the frame on your Ranger when the passenger door "pops" open when you unlatch it and now it has to be slammed to make it close?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    The hardest off-road that truck has ever seen, was driving across a field of harvested corn. Or maybe the water splashing up the sides in a rainstorm with the tires hanging out of the wheel wells.
    Negative.
    This trucks been through some stuff. It is not a mall crawler. It is almost always muddy from those tires though. It does everything from the daily to the ditchin.
    Question, does it mean you've twisted the frame on your Ranger when the passenger door "pops" open when you unlatch it and now it has to be slammed to make it close?
    Could just be twisted body panels I suppose.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    View attachment 319322
    Gotta go all the way!
    Look the part!

I'm too cheap to invest in that expensive of a bumper, and I'd be nervous about theft. Plus I think it would block my backup camera, and I really like my camera.

Does the door sag any when it's open? Open, if you push it up and down is there any play? Not a body guy and I could be way off base. I just ask because I had to shim the hinges in an older truck with a similar issue and it fixed it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I'm too cheap to invest in that expensive of a bumper, and I'd be nervous about theft. Plus I think it would block my backup camera, and I really like my camera.

Does the door sag any when it's open? Open, if you push it up and down is there any play? Not a body guy and I could be way off base. I just ask because I had to shim the hinges in an older truck with a similar issue and it fixed it.
    I made mine, so a labor of love, the steel was inconsequential. No one makes one that I would put on a Tundra.
    You'd have to remount the camera. (ETA or add one)
    My swing away is only mounted for trips, not for the daily.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I made mine, so a labor of love, the steel was inconsequential. No one makes one that I would put on a Tundra.
    You'd have to remount the camera. (ETA or add one)
    My swing away is only mounted for trips, not for the daily.

That's awesome. I can't do the same due to my loft. (Lack of effing talent)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    How much do those aggressive tread tires sing on pavement?

:dunno:
    Nitto Terra Grapplers, not bad at all, by my judgement and many others. I've had at least 4 sets, put them on any truck I care about, pretty much settled on these and I've had a lot of AT and mud tires. Your judgement may be different.

Now Nitto Mud Grapplers, whole different story. Wife sitting on front porch could hear me coming 3 miles away with them on a one ton ford after just a bit of wear, and I hate that kind of thing. These are not like that at all, some of the best out there IMO.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Hmm
    Wifes silverado has a range of over 600 miles. Full tank made it to GS. Then filled there and still had to stop at that Bucckes tourism trap. They have a beef Jerky bar.

Your Tundra has a camera? Mine doesn't have ABS! But a nice ring of rust on the fenderwells

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Thanks, no the hinge pins are fine, it gets twisted driving down a short steep hill at a angle a few times a week. The joke is I need to drive it the other way for a few years and slowly twist it back.

Top Bottom