• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    my bench mounted lighted magnifying lens, monocle, or magnetic parts dish.
    I bought a couple of the magnification visors at harbor freight. Then I attached magpul rails to the sides so I could mount lights. Also I took 3m velcro and stuck it to the top of the visor, then bought a good LED headlamp with adjustable brightness and stuck the other velcro piece on the mount part after removing the head strap. With the light options I have a clear view of what I'm working on if I need to see fine details.

A good vise that's bolted down also priceless.i have some magnetic rubber guards that keep the teeth from marking up work. Also a good piece of thick cowhide leather I can use.

And an apron to keep metal shavings or grease and oil off your clothes.

Also I have hearing damage already and need to protect what's left, so if I'm hammering on a front sight post pin or use the dremel for metal shaping or shaping or sanding, I have a pair of electronic earmuffs I wear.
    Safety glasses too

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    80721bb7-cd48-11e6-b490-0f437cfe09ba.png

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Coors light, hammer and a grinding wheel and someone to cheer and supervise.

INgunner54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Sometimes my most widely used tool is a vast array of colorful and unique curse words. I am an artist of sorts.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Man that is a hard one.
    Sear jigs/Ignition tools. India stones. Polishing jigs. Sight pushers. Barrel wrenches. Punches. Plastic and brass hammers.

And yes, occasionally the "DREMEL"

Don't forget your 100's of years of experience.

Sometimes my most widely used tool is a vast array of colorful and unique curse words. I am an artist of sorts.

I use this tool in every aspect of life. It is truly versatile.

A ink pen... To write AllenM a check! :laugh:

Pretty much my plan.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The biggest secret in the gunsmithing business is that even great gunsmiths send work to other gunsmiths or even back to the manufacturer. If you think they don't, you are just kidding yourself. Nothing wrong with it. But it happens all the time. The best result for the customer is always the goal so I am in the camp of those who tag the brain as the best and most used tool.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    I bought a couple of the magnification visors at harbor freight. Then I attached magpul rails to the sides so I could mount lights. Also I took 3m velcro and stuck it to the top of the visor, then bought a good LED headlamp with adjustable brightness and stuck the other velcro piece on the mount part after removing the head strap. With the light options I have a clear view of what I'm working on if I need to see fine details.

A good vise that's bolted down also priceless.i have some magnetic rubber guards that keep the teeth from marking up work. Also a good piece of thick cowhide leather I can use.

And an apron to keep metal shavings or grease and oil off your clothes.

Also I have hearing damage already and need to protect what's left, so if I'm hammering on a front sight post pin or use the dremel for metal shaping or shaping or sanding, I have a pair of electronic earmuffs I wear.
    Safety glasses too[/QUOTE
    :postpics:

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    A new tool I recently purchased that is worth every penny: a sight pusher. I bought a more expensive one after some research and it's well worth the money. I have changed the sights on 3 different guns. 2 fiber optics and one night site install. Very happy with all 3. What a difference.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    A butter knife.

It works on any size screw, including philips if it's pointy, and if it has the heavy metal handle, you can use it with a nail to tap pins out.

Top Bottom