• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kpquinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Camby
    I guess it depends on what you usually work on? With an ar15 style rifle, I’d say you can’t beat a multi tool wrench. With an ak, id say a press is necessity. With a 1911, definitely a Dremel. “Drop in parts.” Lol.

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    In all seriousness, aside from "real" tools, I cannot work without a chop stick close by. I use them for SOOO many things - knocking out slide stop pin, removing firing pin stop, lapping/polishing, etc. I always nab a few extra at the Chinese restaurants....

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In all seriousness, aside from "real" tools, I cannot work without a chop stick close by. I use them for SOOO many things - knocking out slide stop pin, removing firing pin stop, lapping/polishing, etc. I always nab a few extra at the Chinese restaurants....

Hey a tool I can afford. Will have to try them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    HA! I swear I have pieces of chopsticks on my bench and in my toolbox.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    By far, patience is the best tool. If you get into a hurry, springs and small parts start flying off into the great beyond, forever lost.
    For me it's my Glock punch, then roll pin punches and small dead blow plastic hammer for my AR's. To me what you use most would depend on what you work on most. I work on Glocks, AR's, and then my shotguns and rifles last, in that order. I have started learning/modding my revolvers, which need a couple specialty tools as well.
    I would say good quality roll pin punch set, regular punch set, Good gunsmith screwdriver set (I have the Wheeler set) and an assortment of plastic and brass hammers will get you going, then you can fill in with specialty tools as you lean toward one platform over others.
    I am good with the mechanical aspect of firearms, but the woodworking/finishing and metalworking/finishing is a whole other animal to me.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'll admit that I have not read the entire thread.

My best "tool" is my brain, knowing when and when not to work on something.
    I am very mechanical, but we all have our limits. I have done very little "gunsmith" type work, because I am not a gunsmith.

Top Bottom