• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    1. Fuhrman Extreme Judgment (INGO Classifieds)
    2. BK9 or ESEE Junglas (Knife Lady)
    3. Spyderco Wave (Brads Knives)

I know I said three, but I'll add this one, since it's due to arrive in 2011.

4. HEST ESEE Folder (Brads Knives)

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Well, I've got a Spyderco CPM-M4 Tan G-10 Manix 2 on pre-order. As for the other 2, who knows, I'm a impulse buyer.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    My next 3 are below. I was hoping to make it to the 1500 last weekend to get 1 and 2, but will get them shortly.

1) RC 5 (Knife Lady)
    2) Spyderco Manix 2 (Brad)
    3) Hest Folder (Brad)

Tomcat_AL200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    1. SOG Orange Rescue Flash II
    2. SOG Tomcat III Carbon Fiber (For days when I don't want to attract attention with my FatCat)
    3. The remote possibility of something not made by SOG Specialty Knives.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    All depends on what vintage slipjoints I finds for sale....could be Case, Bulldog, Fightin' Rooster, Russell, Schrade, KaBar, Camillus...just the luck of the draw...could even be a custom fixed blade....crossing my fingers...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't know that I have a next three. For some reason I want a Case knife really badly. I don't know why, and I don't really have a specific reason for it since I already have a knife that I carry regularly. I think I like the idea of Case knives more than I can justify why I need it. That's really the best part of INGO. I don't have to explain that to you guys, my girlfriend on the other hand...

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I have talked myself into a Sebenza for my next knife purchase and after that I think that a busse will be in my future. As for the third it will be a mostly impulse buy... or maybe a really expensive hatchet that I have no real use for.:mallninja::rockwoot:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I don't know that I have a next three. For some reason I want a Case knife really badly. I don't know why, and I don't really have a specific reason for it since I already have a knife that I carry regularly. I think I like the idea of Case knives more than I can justify why I need it. That's really the best part of INGO. I don't have to explain that to you guys, my girlfriend on the other hand...

Now your speaking my language :):. Many years ago (over 30), I started collecting Case knives.....it was the thing to collect back then, the old traditional companies that made slip joint knives (Case, Remington, Winchester, Cattaraugus...ect). Just a fair warning...it can become an addition.....at last count (that was several years ago) I had over 300 Case knives in my personal collection.

Things have changed alot in the knife collecting world since I started collecting...almost all of the "younger" crowd collects the new tactical, assisted opening, high tech steel knives and most of them couldn't tell you the difference between an Case XX (1940-1964) and a Case 1970's dotted knife.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana

By watching ebay you can often snag a real deal on a classic Case. I snagged this Copperhead for about 20 bucks, made in 1973 and in CV (carbon steel rather than stainless). It's a great pocket sized knife.

casecopperhead-1.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Now your speaking my language :):. Many years ago (over 30), I started collecting Case knives.....it was the thing to collect back then, the old traditional companies that made slip joint knives (Case, Remington, Winchester, Cattaraugus...ect). Just a fair warning...it can become an addition.....at last count (that was several years ago) I had over 300 Case knives in my personal collection.

Things have changed alot in the knife collecting world since I started collecting...almost all of the "younger" crowd collects the new tactical, assisted opening, high tech steel knives and most of them couldn't tell you the difference between an Case XX (1940-1964) and a Case 1970's dotted knife.

Brad, that is the job of some of you more experienced guys. My father carried a case knife for more than 80 years, but all I remember is "Don't touch my knife!" If you guys put up some info and pics, maybe you can spawn a new generation of collectors, especially if it's chapter than some of the fixed-blades and assisted folders out there.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Brad, that is the job of some of you more experienced guys. My father carried a case knife for more than 80 years, but all I remember is "Don't touch my knife!" If you guys put up some info and pics, maybe you can spawn a new generation of collectors, especially if it's chapter than some of the fixed-blades and assisted folders out there.

I will assume that you meant "cheaper".

No it's not cheaper..and actually you can spend a lot more money on some of the older vintage slip joint knives than the new tacticool high tech steel bladed knives of today... some of the older Case knives made in the early 1900's can run up into the thousands of dollars. This is also true with other vintage manufactures from that era. Even some of the new Case knives made today can run between $200 and $400...example: The Case Tony Bose collaboration series.

There has been a big effort from the NKCA (National Knife Collectors Association) and other knife organizations that are involved in vintage knife collecting in getting the younger generation involved in knife collecting with it's youth programs...ect. I don't really think it has helped much in getting the youth (younger generation) involved....I do see some younger people that are interested in vintage knives, but I believe it's because they have a father or grandfather that got them interested and started. :twocents:

Top Bottom