You're carrying and you get in your car... now what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Posted by Annie
    Mine stays holstered on my right hip, but I move the seatbelt so it's not across it. I also free up my cover jacket/vest/shirt so it's still concealed, but accessible.

That sounds really familiar......;) I do that too, but there's also another gun in the truck ... :shady:....well within my reach.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It depends. Short trips (around town, I'll be getting in an out frequently, etc.) it will remain holstered, and just adjusted for seat belt clearance. On longer trips (say 1/2 hour or more, and few stops) I'll put it between teh seat and center consol like was shown in an earlier picture. Same accessibility, but ends up being a bit more comfortable during a longer drive.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I keep the one in my pocket holster , or in the IWB holster (witchever I happen to be carrying ), were it is , I don't want it getting in the way of the one I carry in the truck .....LOL:rockwoot::D

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    There is a spot between my drivers seat and the center console that I have snugged fit a holster in there. When I get in my car it gets holstered in my car holster, it is just a inch or two behind my knee but level with my thigh.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Stays right where she was, on my hip. I can draw it just fine from there. I am particular about making sure my seatbelt and any jacket I'm wearing don't get in the way.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Sometimes I keep it holstered. Sometimes I put it between the seat cushions in the passenger seat. It slides in far enough that the trigger is completely covered and is held tight enough that it won't come out if I have to slam the brakes.

I'm thinking about mounting a Glock Sport holster to dash by my right knee.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hold it in one hand while I drive with the other looking for pedestrians to run over and gangbangers from the other turf to knock off like this...
    gta-san-andreas-t.jpg

while I get to the AmmoNation store to buy me any full auto I may need.
    28.jpg

Oh wait! This is not the Grand Theft Auto Forums. he,he,he...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ever been in an MVA? What happens to everything not secured? Right, it ends up on the floor or rolls under seats.

Anyone remember the 1986 FBI shootout? What happened to an FBI Agent's pistol? Right, it ended up under the brake and he could not find it as he took it out and put it under his leg immediately before the car wreck.

Leave the pistol(s) in their holsters. Being in the car is a solid argument for carrying multiple pistols so that you may access a pistol from awkward positions.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmZJ5GJ3Oo&feature=PlayList&p=A5F6F49DA83FF7ED&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3]YouTube - Vehicle Defense[/ame]

Top Bottom