• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Google is part of the evil 5.
    Google, facebook, apple, microsoft, and twitter.
    They control a lot of what we use now a days and can limit it.
    They are this centuries rockafleers and atnt bells.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Google is part of the evil 5.
    Google, facebook, apple, microsoft, and twitter.
    They control a lot of what we use now a days and can limit it.
    They are this centuries rockafleers and atnt bells.

That is so spot on, they're the oil/railway super train of today. And since there are 5 of them they're not a monopoly, when does that happen?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    On the radio a few days ago a guy was saying that the laws have yet to catch up to them in terms of monolpies but that in thia century we will see that happen.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    In my experience, those that state they are the most open minded typically are the least open minded. I have not read YouTube’s terms and conditions, but I suspect they have language that allows them to reject any content for any reason... even if their more public facing messages reflect a progressive diversity of thought tone.

I do not see how these are in violation of the community guidelines, but at the end of the day it is a person reviewing flagged content who has their own personal opinions clouding the process.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Don't forget the "tech" people and certain generations tend to be more enlightened than non-tech people and fogies so obviously they are going to know better. Besides, their site, their rules. Ask for a refund if they have done something to annoy you.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    If someone wanted to take action, a better approach might be this:

- false advertising. The “about YouTube” page describes 4 essential freedoms. They are freedom of expression, information, opportunity, and the freedom to belong. YouTube offers a paid service to skip commercials, and would seemingly fall into the FTC’s deceptive practices space. Some big companies have been hit with this. If they advertise these freedoms, but do not deliver/restrict, that would be the catch. It doesn’t have to be against the law, YouTube is self declaring.

I thing they would have a hard time defending their inconsistent application of their rules.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Absolutely. I only use DuckDuckGo on my phone and PC. Google, Bing (Microsoft) and Yahoo don't need to know what I like to buy or research. And they are companies that support things I disagree with. Why participate in their enrichment? I'm waiting for a good alternative to YouTube. They're disgusting, and it's unfortunate they have so much content I enjoy.

:yesway: for duckduckgo. Need to chuck the google mafia. I'm sick of them tracking stuff on Android as well. Try to turn off the new 'body movement' tracking stuff???

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    In my experience, those that state they are the most open minded typically are the least open minded. I have not read YouTube’s terms and conditions, but I suspect they have language that allows them to reject any content for any reason... even if their more public facing messages reflect a progressive diversity of thought tone.

I do not see how these are in violation of the community guidelines, but at the end of the day it is a person reviewing flagged content who has their own personal opinions clouding the process.

I learned this a long time ago, when I was a teenager working at Haag Drugs at 38th and Shadeland, where we had a boss who kept telling us what a "nice guy" he was. If they have to tell you, then they probably aren't.

Or, who are they really trying to convince?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is so spot on, they're the oil/railway super train of today. And since there are 5 of them they're not a monopoly, when does that happen?

On the radio a few days ago a guy was saying that the laws have yet to catch up to them in terms of monolpies but that in thia century we will see that happen.
    I would think the law regarding monopolies would have to be changed to do it. As of now there is nothing stopping someone from starting their own search engine, video hosting site, etc., except the capital required to do it. I believe under current monopoly law, there has to be some kind of barrier to entry into a market, and I'm not sure a lack of funding would qualify. IANAL though... :dunno:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    https://youtu.be/hFt4m13T6YU

If you're a youtube member watch this video by sootch00, it tells you how to complain to youtube and raise a stink. I'm not surprised either but we should utilize all the tools we have to fight it! Like youtube or not it's the best option for content, full30.com is cool but the interface is lacking much.

Yea its lacking and you have to be invited to join their site. Doesn't boad well for the smaller channels as they cant get on there....

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I'm not sure what is causing the strikes. I have seen many of my regular channels, (MAC, Forgotten Weapons, Hickock45 etc..) still continue to make content without issue. They are de-monetized, but still allow to create... As of now.

Youtube only wants money though, and until they stop using algorithms, and start doing some media planning, then advertisers aren't going to put large amounts of money into Youtube if they aren't seeing the results that they want.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Yea its lacking and you have to be invited to join their site. Doesn't boad well for the smaller channels as they cant get on there....

:dunno:
    I couldn't find my old login info from a few years ago. Went there this morning and there was a signup tab. Signed right up, verified email and was good to go.

airrifle82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2014
    northern indiana
    Youtube is entertaining. I'll give it that. The larger gun channels on youtube are paid to do their reviews. So their reviews aren't worth their weight in poop. Companies aren't paying for negative reviews. If they wanted honest reviews of their stuff money wouldn't be involved on the scale it is. The great thing about youtube early on was that it was an open forum. Anybody could pretty much say what they wanted to say on there, Not so much anymore. Slowly but surely, youtube will go the way of other media platforms. Not censored, but HEAVILY censored. Say things certain groups don't like and your channel will disappear. Hopefully something will come along where people can have an open unrestricted forum to express themselves and their beliefs.
    I think the big problem is the monetization. Once youtube started paying peoples bills they had them by the balls. Sadly, youtube is probably going downhill from here...

Top Bottom