• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well...It's official. At some point in the last day or 2 YouTube shut down James Yeager's channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJimfyIOFM3Yaot_V8bFLPQ

Gug9LrF.jpg

Interesting that YouTube is linking to a pile of liberal YouTube sites on their site closed page.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Did you watch Yeager's Facebook video? He made some cryptic references to a podcast video he posted on his YouTube account. You can go to his Facebook account and ask him . . . by posting your question there . . . or by messaging him through Facebook.

As I already posted, I've got no dog in his fight and not any enough interest in what he did to get banned to pursue the details. Perhaps someone else knows.

John

The easy and knee-jerk response to seeing "one of ours" get a channel banned is to blame corruption, agenda, etc etc. Four outta five times, the removals are legit and based on actual content violations. James probably wants to hype it up as an agenda-based ban, or perhaps he'll be honest about it, who knows, I don't watch him much these days.

But just throwing my two-cents out there as someone that follows social media/YouTube-related bans closely.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The easy and knee-jerk response to seeing "one of ours" get a channel banned is to blame corruption, agenda, etc etc. Four outta five times, the removals are legit and based on actual content violations. James probably wants to hype it up as an agenda-based ban, or perhaps he'll be honest about it, who knows, I don't watch him much these days.

But just throwing my two-cents out there as someone that follows social media/YouTube-related bans closely.

Everything I saw in the comments below the Facebook video (on his Facebook page) was speculation it's something someone named "Mookie" said in the podcast interview Yeager posted on YouTube.

I share your observation. Permanent account shutdowns are invariably for actual and specific video content that violates content rules. Unless it's particularly egregious, it's usually after they've been warned about the same or similar content violation(s) in the past.

John

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I do not have a fb account or even visit that website.
    Fb = trouble
    Thanks anyways
    James Yeager owns Tactical Response (which I just happened to remember from some time ago). Here is their contact page where those who eschew Facebook can inquire about what happened. The site has a blog and he may eventually put something about it in the blog there (emphasis on "may"). Based on the Facebook video, I don't believe he actually knows yet what it was in his podcast that got him booted from YouTube beyond the "it was remark(s) Mookie made" speculation by others who saw the podcast. That said, I predict any more information will show up first on Yeager's Facebook page as it's easier and faster to post it there. Didn't see the podcast and have no idea who "Mookie" is. Others can dig around for that if they want to.

https://www.tacticalresponse.com/pages/contact-us

I have a Facebook account but haven't used it for well over a year and can understand why many people don't have an account. Didn't have to sign in to my account to get the video link for my posting here. Facebook can become an enormous time swallowing black hole.

John

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks jal. So basically he uploaded a podcast to his youtube site on in that video he was interviewing someone that said bad things??? Those bad things neing whatever youtube terms of service says no to. And that in turn got him banned. Is that correct?

As for fb. I dont even like on any www.fb.... links period.
    At work fb is blocked and in talking to hr unofficially its best to avoid fb all together. Dont post, dont have an account, dont even visit the site as an unregistered guest at any time of the day.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Everything I saw in the comments below the Facebook video (on his Facebook page) was speculation it's something someone named "Mookie" said in the podcast interview Yeager posted on YouTube.

I share your observation. Permanent account shutdowns are invariably for actual and specific video content that violates content rules. Unless it's particularly egregious, it's usually after they've been warned about the same or similar content violation(s) in the past.

John

Maybe that's true on some platforms, but I've seen Twitter users get banned without explanation or a history of problems: Veteran Journalist and Terror Expert, Removed from Twitter

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Maybe that's true on some platforms, but I've seen Twitter users get banned without explanation or a history of problems: Veteran Journalist and Terror Expert, Removed from Twitter

But is that, removed from twitter just like youtube, fb not the same as this..

You own a private gun range but allow joe to use it whenever he likes. Joe however hogs up the range with all his gear/stuff all the time. One day you tell joe, bye dont come back.

Are you not in your right to do that?
    Same with twitter/fb/youtube. Its their sandbox you are playing in.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

FYI...it seems that lately, they are less and less legit. MAC (Military Arms Channel) has already received 2 warnings and was shut down for 2 weeks. The 1st warning was for a bump stock video that was posted 5 or so years ago and was only recently ruled to be inappropriate. His 2nd warning was on a political call to action video. Really, a warning because of a call to action asking people to contact their legislators? Really?????

Neither of those videos had profanity or nudity or extreme violence or anything that should cause a warning towards a ban.

Scootch00 had a very similar circumstance with his 2 warnings.

Please explain the legitimacy of those decisions. I know they have the right to do this, it's their ball. But they should also then admit that they are bigoted and bias instead of inclusive and open minded. Google needs to refocus on....

dont-be-evil.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Google does not own youtube. ;)
    Both are owned by a company called alphabet.
    That pic above was for the old google before it became the monster, alphbet, is now. :faint:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Thanks jal. So basically he uploaded a podcast to his youtube site on in that video he was interviewing someone that said bad things??? Those bad things neing whatever youtube terms of service says no to. And that in turn got him banned. Is that correct?

As for fb. I dont even like on any www.fb.... links period.
    At work fb is blocked and in talking to hr unofficially its best to avoid fb all together. Dont post, dont have an account, dont even visit the site as an unregistered guest at any time of the day.

Yeager's current best guess: it's something that was in his podcast that he uploaded to YouTube which was an interview -- or dialog -- with several people. Those that did hear it are speculating it's something someone called "Mookie" said. It's all murky with supposition and speculation from those that watched it before it went dark. AFAIK, Yeager hasn't had an official response from YouTube on the specifics (IMHO they owe him that). As I mentioned before, I've got no dog in this fight so I'm not going to deliberately pursue more on it.

YouTube shuts down channels or accounts based on specific content in specific videos. If there's an error made by someone pulling the plug on an account when they shouldn't have, they come back up quickly (if the account owner pursues it with YouTube).

John

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeager's current best guess: it's something that was in his podcast that he uploaded to YouTube which was an interview -- or dialog -- with several people. Those that did hear it are speculating it's something someone called "Mookie" said. It's all murky with supposition and speculation from those that watched it before it went dark. AFAIK, Yeager hasn't had an official response from YouTube on the specifics (IMHO they owe him that). As I mentioned before, I've got no dog in this fight so I'm not going to deliberately pursue more on it.

YouTube shuts down channels or accounts based on specific content in specific videos. If there's an error made by someone pulling the plug on an account when they shouldn't have, they come back up quickly (if the account owner pursues it with YouTube).

John

I saw most of that video, well some of it as it was over 50 minutes long I think.
    Yeager was there with his lawyer (good idea for his first podcast lol), and Mookie.
    I also follow Mookie's channel (ex private contractor who worked with Yeager in Irak) and he does speak his mind.
    I wouldn't be shocked if Mookie said something "too controversial" for Youtube.

In the part I saw Mookie was asked to talk about the person he admires the most, who happened to be a young man who recently robbed a bank.
    He made it sound like robbing banks was pretty awesome and something to be proud of (because the kid did it without hurting anyone).
    Maybe that's against YT policy to promote illegal activities? :dunno:

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    James Yeager just got shut down. Give me a list of any channels you believe are in trouble. I can rip all the videos on youtube-dl to an external hard drive. Let's take action to help the content creators and start a new site somewhere else.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Mookie is a former spikes tactical employee who recently started his own business.

Before that he was in the military and spent years contracting.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    James Yeager just got shut down. Give me a list of any channels you believe are in trouble. I can rip all the videos on youtube-dl to an external hard drive. Let's take action to help the content creators and start a new site somewhere else.

Full 30 is already in place and a lot of the gun guys have been co-posting there.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Full 30 is already in place and a lot of the gun guys have been co-posting there.

Full 30 ain't gonna cut it. The great thing about YT was that it was a lead generator - brought in lots of new people to the gun world who were just merely browsing entertaining videos. Full30 is a niche site and you won't stumble across it unless you are looking for it. With James Yeager down that's one less voice out there in front of the masses preaching common sense when it comes to gun rights. Sure maybe you don't agree with everything he has to say but he draws and audience and gets a productive conversation going about guns.

I am hopeful that within the next 3 years a new website like Youtube will gain prominence. DTube is very promising, but it needs a much better UI. I'm surprised that there isn't more 2A type of stuff on Steemit yet. I think that's coming once the Steem blockchain gets traction and the user experience improves.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom