• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Just when you thought you already heard the most stupid story ever, someone takes it to a new level.
    If I was his dad I would reteach him that his name is the middle finger.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Zero tolerance equals zero brains. Can't wait for the inevitable lawsuit. Hope the family takes the school district apart for this crap. Then they can send Hunter to a good school.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Just when you thought you already heard the most stupid story ever, someone takes it to a new level.
    If I was his dad I would reteach him that his name is the middle finger.

You_Can_t_Fix_Stupid.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Preschooler Hunter Spanjer's personalized name sign is a registered sign with Signing Exact English -- a modified form of American Sign Language -- and involves extended index fingers that the district says resembles a gun. (And that sound you just heard was our heads exploding from all the stupid.)

Folks, when MSN calls you stupid, you have hit a new low.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    "We are working with the parents to come to the best solution we can for the child," a school spokesperson said

How's this for a solution? Mind your own freaking business!!! As a person that has done sign language for many years, out of necessity, I will say that there are many signs that look like a weapon. Even the sign for name, basically you put the index and middle finger together on each hand with the thumbs up and you tap the left hands index and middle finger on top of the right hands index and middle finger, looks just like two guns are touching barrels.

So what are they going to do ask the deaf community to change a lot of their signs so they don't feel so threatened? Guarantee they will set a record for most middle fingers raised. I guess it is true, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups especially when they are in positions of power.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sometimes you just say "Really"?

I saw this on Drudge and I am literally floored....I guess pointing a finger is going to be the next thing banned....

Family: School Made Deaf Child Change Sign Name, Said It Looked Like Gun « CBS St. Louis

As a side note the Clarksville High School Boosters came by the shop Friday and asked if I wanted to advertise on the back of their program. I said I would but that they wouldn't let me (for those that do not know I have a small gun shop). She said it should not be a problem and that she would check and call me back. She did and they won't let me advertise.

I graduated in 1982 from the same shool and in 1981 I was on the RIFLE TEAM and now I can't advertise my business on their program and a poor kid can't "sign" his name at school without getting in trouble.:xmad:

"Strange days indeed...
    Most peculiar Momma...Roll.."

John Lennon

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    If this is not the most stupid story you'll read all year I'll refund your money

His parents could always change his name. Or they could insist the kid get over his disability and figure out some way to speak. Either solution would probably allay the concerns of the powers that be at Grand Island (Neb.) Public Schools.

The problem administrators have (and, boy, do they ever have a problem!) is with the special hand gesture that 3-year-old Hunter Spanjer, who is deaf, uses to sign his name. News station 1011 reports that the sign mimics the drawing of a gun in air (h/t Weasel Zippers).

Deaf preschooler forbidden to sign own name because gesture resembles gun « The Greenroom

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    You say that, Jack. Sure, play the innocent card, but soon this kid is going to start gesturing in higher caliber weapons. What starts as innocent handguns quickly graduates into a lever action. From there you're into pump shotguns and after that the only logical step up is FULL AUTOMATIC WEAPONS. You just think about that before you're so quick to judge.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And why can't they see that while they shove this PC crap down people's throats, the world just keeps getting worse.

Top Bottom