Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 421 of 471 FirstFirst ... 321 371 411 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 431 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 4702
    I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Imagine that.....
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Marksman

User Info Menu

Guys.
    I've been thinkin (dangerous, I know). A buddy of mine had an 06 Chrysler 300 SRT8. That thing could flat move for the boat that it was. Wanna say it's 425 at the crank from the factory.
    There's some work I wanna do to the truck, and I wouldn't mind having a backup car to daily. Something a little newer and nicer.

That leads me to looking into those SRT8's. Found a couple online. Best deal I found was one with 75,000 miles on it and they wanted $10,750 for it. That's an 06 model. I'd buy the car in the spring and cruise it as a daily while finishing up some stuff on the truck. Then I'd rotate between the two vehicles as a daily. Or maybe drive the Chrysler most of the time when its nice, then the truck when it's nasty out or something.

I'm looking for thoughts on the car in particular, though. Mostly reliability wise. I can fix just about anything, but the goal is for this thing to be reliable. No engine mods for awhile. Even then, it will just be intake, exhaust, and a tune.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsqartan View Post
    Guys.
    I've been thinkin (dangerous, I know). A buddy of mine had an 06 Chrysler 300 SRT8. That thing could flat move for the boat that it was. Wanna say it's 425 at the crank from the factory.
    There's some work I wanna do to the truck, and I wouldn't mind having a backup car to daily. Something a little newer and nicer.

That leads me to looking into those SRT8's. Found a couple online. Best deal I found was one with 75,000 miles on it and they wanted $10,750 for it. That's an 06 model. I'd buy the car in the spring and cruise it as a daily while finishing up some stuff on the truck. Then I'd rotate between the two vehicles as a daily. Or maybe drive the Chrysler most of the time when its nice, then the truck when it's nasty out or something.

I'm looking for thoughts on the car in particular, though. Mostly reliability wise. I can fix just about anything, but the goal is for this thing to be reliable. No engine mods for awhile. Even then, it will just be intake, exhaust, and a tune.
    There's bound to be an SRT8 forum out there; join it and start asking the same questions. Sounds like it'd be a hoot for a daily family ride. That 540i I got rid of last year served the same purpose but I'd swear everything in that car was programmed to fail at 150k miles!
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

Marksman

User Info Menu

If I could pick one up at 70k, it'd easily take 5 or more years to hit 150k. Split all my driving between that and the truck.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    There's bound to be an SRT8 forum out there; join it and start asking the same questions. Sounds like it'd be a hoot for a daily family ride. That 540i I got rid of last year served the same purpose but I'd swear everything in that car was programmed to fail at 150k miles!
    This is the real issue with those cars. The things we ourselves can fix or diagnose is limited.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    This is the real issue with those cars. The things we ourselves can fix or diagnose is limited.
    What items are you thinking of?
    I'm handy with electronics. But, I've also not seen a ton of electronics (other than sensors) fail. So I'm having trouble coming up with failure points.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsqartan View Post
    What items are you thinking of?
    I'm handy with electronics. But, I've also not seen a ton of electronics (other than sensors) fail. So I'm having trouble coming up with failure points.
    Nothing specific as I am not that invested in the Chrysler line up. I understand some models had serious transmission issue depending on how they were driven. Torque converters etc. Beyond that I am not sure just know the new breed electronic controlled cars require some skills.

I am fully capable as well just reluctant to go swimming in those pools.

Like FM stated......there is bound to be a forum related to this.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Better to go Kamikaze than to go the Flamethrower in a cave treatment! Miguel

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DOWN4UP View Post

And then add a smoking cigarettes emojii.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

As us older guys watch our boy JQ scrounge the wrecking yards for gold this brought one of my last bone yard projects back to mind. The efforts involved are epic when we step back and review.

This truck is an 86 1 ton duelly with the Choo-Choo customs add ons. It belonged to a friend. He was moving and did a stupid. With his 35ft 5th wheel loaded up he parked it at the end of his drive that was on a serious hill ending in the woods. He got out and did not put the truck in park...???It rolled over the edge of the drive and as you can see in the pic went down the long hill and planted firmly between some trees all the way to the doors. Truck was totaled. It sat in the yard at ZOREs for a few years. I saw it and needed a 2nd tow rig for the racing effort. I bought it and as i know the Zore family we moved it into the wrecker repair building where I took a couple of winter months rebuilding it. The on site body shop has a frame rack which we put to use. The yard was scoured for parts. The original owner had bought all the sheet metal thinking it would be re-built so the new doors and dog house came with the truck. The body work made it a 96. Last year of that sheet metal but much had to be done to fit it.

460 gas engine. 4.10s. It would pull anything we put behind it.

What I got.......

What we ended up with in the spring.....

This truck is still in use by a friend hauling his bobcat and other equipment. Same drive train.

Edit.....I know there are pics of this truck stuck in the trees. I just can not find them.
    Last edited by churchmouse; 4 Weeks Ago at 14:04.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ