• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This wheel is similar but can't tell from your pics if it's a match. This is an American Muscle wheel pulled off a mustang parts vendor page. Don't know if they offer a 4.75 bolt circle or not if this is it.

28319G79

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The polishing project is coming along nicely!

This is an example of how the paint looked when we drove our new ride home.

OGiwOtJ.jpg

This was the picture I took this morning of the side that was mostly done. When I came home today, he had the other side and back doors done other than the red below the white stripe and the roof.

SOJ5MqV.jpg

The new upholstery kit will be here Thursday for the front seat. I also ordered some Duratrac tires for the back for winter so need to see if we have some rims that will fit or if I need to find a couple. I think we have some from our '78 that will work if they are still in good shape.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    WOW mom45, you got rid of that dead paint or something. Day and night, very nice.

He is using some Meguiar products for the first application and I think the fine polish he is using after that was Wizard maybe...something he bought at a car show I think. We ended up buying a Makita variable speed polisher with a wool hook and loop pad and it is working great! Rusty had recommended another polisher, but it was a bit more than hubby wanted to spend. I am thrilled with how it is turning out.

There are a few areas he may sand down and repaint (along the bottom of the doors and some areas on the back doors) but he said it won't be bad since there is no rust to deal with. It is the same paint color as is on his truck in the background of the second picture and he just bought some of that paint to do the front fenders when he replaced them on his truck last month.

He's having fun with it. He is going to replace the valve seals when he is done with this project. It smokes a bit on start up but doesn't appear to be using oil. My '89 did the same thing as the valve seals apparently dried out from it setting too much. He changed the valve seals in it, and it completed eliminated any oil smoke, and it uses no oil between changes.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think the Mist and Shine was the one he has. He has way too many different products out there between his truck and his bikes. The White Diamond stuff is awesome on chrome.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok I know Eastwood has been around for a long time but haven't used any of their products before. In preparation of some body work on the Mustang I have been doing some research and they seem to have some stuff that others don't seem to offer (or I just can't find). So who has used Eastwood paints/primers etc? Good to go or steer clear?

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Does this count? Gutting a 1994 2 door Blazer. I need to figure out how to get the last 2 seat belt anchors out. I've broke 3 T50 bits and a 700 ft/lb impact isn't budging the damn things. I've tried heat, penetrating oil, and swearing at it.

CLCEBLo.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Ok I know Eastwood has been around for a long time but haven't used any of their products before. In preparation of some body work on the Mustang I have been doing some research and they seem to have some stuff that others don't seem to offer (or I just can't find). So who has used Eastwood paints/primers etc? Good to go or steer clear?

We have used their undercoating products on the '89 suburban and I am pretty sure some of their paint on the '83 pickup. We were happy with the products we got...a bit pricey, but good customer service and products. We may have to order from them again as they still carry Urethane paint, where the local Napa store doesn't now. I know we have bought it at Napa before. Hubby tried to buy it from them when he did the front fenders on his truck last month, and they only had the base coat clear coat product in his color.

CM - I don't think he is selling this one. He is having a great time playing with it...definitely in his element. Now, he keeps saying it can't be driven in the winter because he doesn't want the salt on it. I told him we are not collecting trucks...this was to be my daily driver and that is what it will be....snow tires are ordered so that confirms it! (unless he decides to put them on his '83).

My daughter borrowed my '88 this week while waiting on a part they needed to fix her car. Some kid at work asked yesterday if it was for sale...I told her to throw him a price! That one is for sale.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Does this count? Gutting a 1994 2 door Blazer. I need to figure out how to get the last 2 seat belt anchors out. I've broke 3 T50 bits and a 700 ft/lb impact isn't budging the damn things. I've tried heat, penetrating oil, and swearing at it.

CLCEBLo.jpg

Can you get to the heads with a grinder/death wheel cut off tool.......Take the heads off and drill out what remains.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have used their undercoating products on the '89 suburban and I am pretty sure some of their paint on the '83 pickup. We were happy with the products we got...a bit pricey, but good customer service and products. We may have to order from them again as they still carry Urethane paint, where the local Napa store doesn't now. I know we have bought it at Napa before. Hubby tried to buy it from them when he did the front fenders on his truck last month, and they only had the base coat clear coat product in his color.

CM - I don't think he is selling this one. He is having a great time playing with it...definitely in his element. Now, he keeps saying it can't be driven in the winter because he doesn't want the salt on it. I told him we are not collecting trucks...this was to be my daily driver and that is what it will be....snow tires are ordered so that confirms it! (unless he decides to put them on his '83).

My daughter borrowed my '88 this week while waiting on a part they needed to fix her car. Some kid at work asked yesterday if it was for sale...I told her to throw him a price! That one is for sale.

:stickpoke:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom