Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    http://cnn.com

There, all done.
    Yep, that covers it.

User Info Menu

Anderson Cooper is fighting back against the "kneeling in the water" memes.

"The idea I am kneeling in water to make it look deep is idiotic."

@AndersonCooper debunks the lies being spread by Donald Trump Jr., and others who falsely claimed he and his team exaggerated the severity of Hurricane Florence.
    Jake Tapper is backing him up

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Tapper
    It would show a lot of character if those who put out the dishonest meme about Anderson’s hurricane coverage watched this, corrected the record, deleted their false memes, and apologized.

Of course one has to have character before one can show it, I suppose.
    https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1041855911793385472
    https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...21808256548866

Better delete those memes, internet... or CNN will doxx your ass.
    Let me remove the Eggplant Curse.

User Info Menu

There's not enough tequila in Tijuana for me to be interested in Anderson Cooper doxxing my ass.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Anderson Cooper is fighting back against the "kneeling in the water" memes.

Jake Tapper is backing him up

https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1041855911793385472
    https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...21808256548866

Better delete those memes, internet... or CNN will doxx your ass.
    It was from a different hurricane.
    BUT it's still him standing in a ditch. So it's still fake.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Here's some, based on misleading, misreading, and not caring enough to look deeper.

Also another lesson in the "Stop Listening to Gateway Pundit" course.

No, Brett Kavanaugh’s mother didn’t foreclose on his accuser’s parents' house

“Bad Blood: Judge Kavanaugh’s Mother Foreclosed on Far Left Accuser’s Parents’ Home,” reads a headline published by Jim Hoft, the most consistently wrong man on the Internet.

A website called Pacific Pundit published a headline reading, “CHRISTINE BLASEY-FORD MOTIVE: REVENGE – KAVANAUGH’S MOTHER JUDGE AGAINST PARENTS IN FORECLOSURE CASE 1996.”

A separate headline published by the Powerline blog reads, “KAVANAUGH’S MOTHER RULED AGAINST ACCUSER’S PARENTS.”

The opening paragraph reads, “It looks like Brett Kavanaugh’s mother, Judge Martha Kavanaugh, ruled against the parents of Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accuses Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault. Court documents show the losing party in a foreclosure case Martha Kavanaugh heard to be Ralph and Paula Blasey of Potomac, Maryland. They appear to be Christine Blasey Ford’s parents. … There now seems to be a motive, beyond partisan politics, for Ford to make up or significantly embellish her story so long after the ‘fact.’”

The story concludes with these lines, “It seems more likely that Ms. Ford has invented or substantially embellished this story — out of political bias, animus towards the family because of the court case, or both.”

The problem with these supposed “Ah-ha!” defenses of Kavanaugh is that they rely on a misreading of the actual court documents.

A review of the filings shows that Judge Kavanaugh signed an order in 1997 dismissing the foreclosure after the Blaseys refinanced their home. The 10th item on the court docket reads, “ORDER OF COURT (KAVANAUGH, J./RICE, M.) THAT THE VOLUNTARY MOTION TO DISMISS IS HEREBY GRANTED WITH PREJUDICE AND THAT THE BOND FILED BY HARRY J. KELLY AS TRUSTEE SHALL BE RELEASED AND RETURNED FILED.”
    There was also another article out there that showed a "Ratemyprofessor" page for Christine Ford.

It was the wrong Christine Ford.

User Info Menu

On the other side of the aisle, WaPo had to make some edits to their article on passports.

U.S. is denying passports to Americans along the border, throwing their citizenship into question

The initial story claimed the Trump administration is taking unprecedented action against thousands of Hispanic people living near the southern border suspected of having obtained false U.S. birth certificates. It was based largely on anecdotal evidence from immigration lawyers working in the area who said they are seeing a surge in the number of passports under scrutiny.

Within hours of its publication, a Slate reporter pointed out the practice of denying passports to people issued birth certificates from midwives suspected of fraud began under the Bush administration, and continued through the Obama administration. The story was corrected Aug. 31 to reflect this error. The story also asserted the Trump administration is newly targeting people delivered by a Texas doctor suspected of fraud, but HuffPo reports that practice also predates this administration.

Two more corrections came later.

Here's the new editors note:

Editor’s note: After this story was published on Aug. 29, the State Department issued a statement challenging the accuracy of the article and provided previously unreleased data on passport denials. That information has been added, as was indicated in a Sept. 1 editor’s note. On Sept. 13, the story was updated to include comments from the daughter of Jorge Treviño, who had contacted The Post immediately after the story was published. Additional changes have been made to clarify that an affidavit about Treviño was submitted as part of an Obama-era case and to correct a reference to his profession — he was a general practitioner, not a gynecologist. As was noted in an Aug. 31 correction, the State Department began denying passports during the George W. Bush administration, not the Obama administration.

User Info Menu

I mean, they had to know they'd get responses like this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    I mean, they had to know they'd get responses like this.

Yeah I zinged them a good one...before Bush's 2nd term the NYT's sent a reporter to southern Indiana to feel out the voters...He came into ACE hardware to the gun counter and good ol boys in bibs and carhart's kind of eyed him up and down (his shoes were a riot...like borderline clown shoes in earth tones) and he began asking us questions...You could tell he doesn't get out of the city much...When the article ran here was a sentence..."Southern Indiana is very rural and has a southern bent...It is only separated from Kentucky by the Kentucky river that separates the two states..."

I called up the ombudsman and asked, seriously, after I named all of the rivers in New York how the F can a political reporter not know about the Ohio river? It's one of the most important rivers in our history...Literally the line between free and slave states...the highway of the first western movement...etc....

The next day they issued a correction.....

It was fun to tweet that little tidbit to them...
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

User Info Menu

Shot:

Chaser:

User Info Menu

So Lindsey Graham did an interview with The Atlantic.

He quoted a line from James Carville... the "drag a $100 bill through a trailer park" thing.

"Journalists" spun it out of context, just quoting it as though Graham was describing Blasey Ford... Completely misrepresenting the video.

It was re-posted by many outlets, including Yahoo News. People like Jennifer Rubin spread it around.

Even Jake Tapper spoonfed his followers, explaining the context... and Rubin replied to him, again ignoring context, blaming Graham for being awful.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/20...-graham-video/

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018...ut-of-context/

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast