Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Non racers trying to put an entertainment package together for the masses. JMHO and not bashing in the wrong thread.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Beats the hell out of golf, though! L

Look how long it took Chevy and Ford to use the proper car bodies in Nascar. I never understood their thinking. Now we get to see cool looking Mustangs and Camaros running single file!
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Nobody taking a knee either.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Beats the hell out of golf, though! L

Look how long it took Chevy and Ford to use the proper car bodies in Nascar. I never understood their thinking. Now we get to see cool looking Mustangs and Camaros running single file!
    And baseball. Unless you are in the park in a good seat with a greenish brown dog smothered in chili sauce and mustard.....sucking a flat warm draft.....baseball is a snoozer.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Nobody taking a knee either.
    Yep, I'll give them that!

So it now looks like the only passing we'll see will be in the pits. Ugggh. They really need to revamp the whole package, from engines to aero to tires. Chuck the whole thing and start over. This ain't workin. Even F1 is more exciting.

I really do want Nascar to become interesting again. When I was a kid, I watched it all the time. It was truly great, back in the days of Waltrip, Earnhardt, Wallace, Gant, and many more.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Yep, I'll give them that!

So it now looks like the only passing we'll see will be in the pits. Ugggh. They really need to revamp the whole package, from engines to aero to tires. Chuck the whole thing and start over. This ain't workin. Even F1 is more exciting.

I really do want Nascar to become interesting again. When I was a kid, I watched it all the time. It was truly great, back in the days of Waltrip, Earnhardt, Wallace, Gant, and many more.
    The pit box is far to involved inn the overall racing. Again.....JMHO and I am shutting up now. I dont want BW jack slapping me the next time we break bread.....

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

It is going to be a long 28 days until St. Pete. I really hope they go back to Surfer's Paradise and maybe run it a week after the Daytona 500.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    The pit box is far to involved inn the overall racing. Again.....JMHO and I am shutting up now. I dont want BW jack slapping me the next time we break bread.....
    I do miss the days where the could haul ass into the pits and not lose as much time on the track there. I don't remember there being more accidents than there are now with the 100mph speed limit, or whatever it is. Maybe I'm just old and my memory is failing, though.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Go Blaney!
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

I do miss the days where the could haul ass into the pits and not lose as much time on the track there. I don't remember there being more accidents than there are now with the 100mph speed limit, or whatever it is. Maybe I'm just old and my memory is failing, though.
    This all ended when Awsomd Bill came in hot at Atlanta and pinned his right rear guy (Memory...:oldwise) and killed him. We were at that race.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

My dad was ready to win Talledega running for Penske when Grant Adcox rear ended him in the pits and a crewmember lost both legs. They were using the pit lane with puddles after a rain delay and Adcox hit one and lost it.

Canít say I like everything about how racing has evolved but some of it ensures more people are around longer to enjoy and participate.

Back when dad ran Indy for Menard those Lolas had tiny do-nothing brakes on them and there was no speed limit in the pit lane. Pitstops were downright hairy.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land; Snob, Forum Settings

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast