• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm so ready for racing to start, I'm giving Nascar a chance. I'll watch this and some of the stuff this week, then Daytona. If Daytona is a snoozer, then back to normal. I just have to kill time with something until Indycar starts. What bugs me is that Nascar has had years to fix this and come up with a formula that works. I just don't know why they can't get this right. Oh well, it is too early to judget yet this year, so let's see what happens. I'm not holding my breath, though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm so ready for racing to start, I'm giving Nascar a chance. I'll watch this and some of the stuff this week, then Daytona. If Daytona is a snoozer, then back to normal. I just have to kill time with something until Indycar starts. What bugs me is that Nascar has had years to fix this and come up with a formula that works. I just don't know why they can't get this right. Oh well, it is too early to judget yet this year, so let's see what happens. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Non racers trying to put an entertainment package together for the masses. JMHO and not bashing in the wrong thread.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Non racers trying to put an entertainment package together for the masses. JMHO and not bashing in the wrong thread.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Beats the hell out of golf, though! L

Look how long it took Chevy and Ford to use the proper car bodies in Nascar. I never understood their thinking. Now we get to see cool looking Mustangs and Camaros running single file!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Beats the hell out of golf, though! L

Look how long it took Chevy and Ford to use the proper car bodies in Nascar. I never understood their thinking. Now we get to see cool looking Mustangs and Camaros running single file!

And baseball. Unless you are in the park in a good seat with a greenish brown dog smothered in chili sauce and mustard.....sucking a flat warm draft.....baseball is a snoozer.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Nobody taking a knee either. ;)

Yep, I'll give them that!

So it now looks like the only passing we'll see will be in the pits. Ugggh. They really need to revamp the whole package, from engines to aero to tires. Chuck the whole thing and start over. This ain't workin. Even F1 is more exciting.

I really do want Nascar to become interesting again. When I was a kid, I watched it all the time. It was truly great, back in the days of Waltrip, Earnhardt, Wallace, Gant, and many more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, I'll give them that!

So it now looks like the only passing we'll see will be in the pits. Ugggh. They really need to revamp the whole package, from engines to aero to tires. Chuck the whole thing and start over. This ain't workin. Even F1 is more exciting.

I really do want Nascar to become interesting again. When I was a kid, I watched it all the time. It was truly great, back in the days of Waltrip, Earnhardt, Wallace, Gant, and many more.

The pit box is far to involved inn the overall racing. Again.....JMHO and I am shutting up now. I dont want BW jack slapping me the next time we break bread.....:):

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The pit box is far to involved inn the overall racing. Again.....JMHO and I am shutting up now. I dont want BW jack slapping me the next time we break bread.....:):

I do miss the days where the could haul ass into the pits and not lose as much time on the track there. I don't remember there being more accidents than there are now with the 100mph speed limit, or whatever it is. Maybe I'm just old and my memory is failing, though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do miss the days where the could haul ass into the pits and not lose as much time on the track there. I don't remember there being more accidents than there are now with the 100mph speed limit, or whatever it is. Maybe I'm just old and my memory is failing, though.

This all ended when Awsomd Bill came in hot at Atlanta and pinned his right rear guy (Memory...:oldwise) and killed him. We were at that race.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My dad was ready to win Talledega running for Penske when Grant Adcox rear ended him in the pits and a crewmember lost both legs. They were using the pit lane with puddles after a rain delay and Adcox hit one and lost it.

Can’t say I like everything about how racing has evolved but some of it ensures more people are around longer to enjoy and participate.

Back when dad ran Indy for Menard those Lolas had tiny do-nothing brakes on them and there was no speed limit in the pit lane. Pitstops were downright hairy.

Top Bottom