Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty Loadout

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pic VUPD. A couple questions: Your less-lethal 870, is it a regular 870 or can it only fire less-lethal rounds? Is carrying a regular (more-lethal) shotgun an option or is it either/or with the AR?

400 fps hard plastic? OUCH! I think I'll remain so law-abiding I'm boring.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

I figured you carried a knife or two, I was taught to carry one as a last resort weapon.

Have you fired your AR in a enclosed space without ear pro?
    I was a safety for some guys with 10 or 11 inch barrels and didnít have my ears on for a few shots WOW, I think it was louder than a 7.62.
    Probably wonít matter in really life auditory exclusion should take over.
    I see the point for a SBR for LEO work easy to move around and light.

Your ammo count seems reasonable considering you have to rundown jump on and wrestle bad people more than shoot them.
    It would be on hell of a gunfight if you need more than that IMO.

Yeah by the time your down to the S&W no time for a reload!

Don't get killed anytime soon I enjoy your posts!
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

It's interesting to see that you have more less-lethal weapons than lethal ones.

Are you also issued some kind of impact weapon like an expendable baton or a tonfa?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    I carry two knives actually, a ZT-0350 in support-side pants pocket and a pro-tec auto in my vest carrier pocket.
    On my person I have 3 mags of 17 for the Glock, a 20-round P-mag, and no extras for the Smith.
    You carry about the same amount of rounds I do, except I carry four spare Glock 17 mags and the AR mag is a 30 round Pmag. On my vest, the Pmag doesn't get in the way (and is where the fourth Glock mag is mounted). You guys carry a lot more less lethal, but on my shift there is almost always someone with the less lethal shotgun or 40mm on every call. I just don't have either one.

You made me want to play. Mostly to show the difference and similarity in different department issued tools.

Taser X2

Glock 17 (Gen 5)

Glock 43 (the 26 is issued as a backup, but this is thinner and I like it better)

OC

Colt 6945 with YHM suppressor

Remington 700 (soon to be replaced with a Seekins SP-10 as soon as US Optics gets off their asses and ships the optics and then I can DOPE it out and get used tot he different platform)

Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Thanks for the pic VUPD. A couple questions: Your less-lethal 870, is it a regular 870 or can it only fire less-lethal rounds? Is carrying a regular (more-lethal) shotgun an option or is it either/or with the AR?

400 fps hard plastic? OUCH! I think I'll remain so law-abiding I'm boring.
    We can carry a "regular 870" with Federal 00Buck or an orange "less lethal" 870 with CTS Super Sock beanbag rounds, but not both.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    I figured you carried a knife or two, I was taught to carry one as a last resort weapon.

Have you fired your AR in a enclosed space without ear pro?
    I was a safety for some guys with 10 or 11 inch barrels and didnít have my ears on for a few shots WOW, I think it was louder than a 7.62.
    Probably wonít matter in really life auditory exclusion should take over.
    I see the point for a SBR for LEO work easy to move around and light.

Your ammo count seems reasonable considering you have to rundown jump on and wrestle bad people more than shoot them.
    It would be on hell of a gunfight if you need more than that IMO.

Yeah by the time your down to the S&W no time for a reload!

Don't get killed anytime soon I enjoy your posts!
    I've shot the stumpy without ears and it's not pleasant. Our dept is working on allowing suppressors, which I'll most definitely utilize if it happens. The hammerless snubby is basically a last-ditch weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    It's interesting to see that you have more less-lethal weapons than lethal ones.

Are you also issued some kind of impact weapon like an expendable baton or a tonfa?
    We are issued Asp batons but I opt to not carry it daily. It's heavy and bulky and not a preferred option for me.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

No pics of your curb stomping boots? I'm disappointed.

User Info Menu

Boots like these?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    It's similar. Tippman spun-off Pepperball Inc. and then sold it. The difference is the pepperballs are hard plastic shells. filled with PAVA powder, and traveling +/- 400 fps
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    That should leave a nice mark.
    Yeah, 300FPS is the max sport speed for paintball, FYI. And thats outdoor. Significantly less for indoor. For good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    No pics of your alleged curb stomping boots? I'm disappointed.
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

Iíve got pictures of my pepperball battle scars somewhere. I assure you it is not pleasant.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

I want a 17m so bad.
    Very cool insight into what you use. Walmart screwed up a couple years ago and sold some of those pepperball guns in their stores. Some people got very lucky and for very cheap prices. Those things are mean
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast