• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That reminds me of a coworker that went to another department about six or seven years ago. When he got issued his patrol rifle he brought it over for me to look at. It was a 100% Vietnam era M-16. It was amazing just to see it.

That was the same at Carmel PD, but a bit long than 6 or 7 years. Now they're locked up with very few people even knowing they exist.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Almost every issued rifle on my department is a Vietnam-era Colt from the DRMO. They are neutered though, and that empty third pin hole just looks lonely.

In fact, we just had two patrol rifle classes (adding 20 officers per class) and bringing your own rifle was a requirement. We are fairly well regulated on what equipment we can have on the rifle, and each complete setup has to be blessed by our armory.

I have no issue with some of the less expensive rifle options like S&W or Bushmaster but cheap chi-com garbage optics and other parts have no place on a business rifle.

That was the same at Carmel PD, but a bit long than 6 or 7 years. Now they're locked up with very few people even knowing they exist.
    We are trying to get away from even possessing these rifles anymore. The strings attached to them are difficult for the administration to manage.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Go to the local Lions Club. We outfitted the Town Marshall with the top of the line video system the year I was the president, including remote mics and switches. At the time was better than the ISP had.

If they are like our club, they would roll easy for an optic or 2.

Don

Top Bottom