Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Duty Loadout

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    That reminds me of a coworker that went to another department about six or seven years ago. When he got issued his patrol rifle he brought it over for me to look at. It was a 100% Vietnam era M-16. It was amazing just to see it.
    That was the same at Carmel PD, but a bit long than 6 or 7 years. Now they're locked up with very few people even knowing they exist.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    Almost every issued rifle on my department is a Vietnam-era Colt from the DRMO. They are neutered though, and that empty third pin hole just looks lonely.

In fact, we just had two patrol rifle classes (adding 20 officers per class) and bringing your own rifle was a requirement. We are fairly well regulated on what equipment we can have on the rifle, and each complete setup has to be blessed by our armory.

I have no issue with some of the less expensive rifle options like S&W or Bushmaster but cheap chi-com garbage optics and other parts have no place on a business rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    That was the same at Carmel PD, but a bit long than 6 or 7 years. Now they're locked up with very few people even knowing they exist.
    We are trying to get away from even possessing these rifles anymore. The strings attached to them are difficult for the administration to manage.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

Go to the local Lions Club. We outfitted the Town Marshall with the top of the line video system the year I was the president, including remote mics and switches. At the time was better than the ISP had.

If they are like our club, they would roll easy for an optic or 2.

Don

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7