Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I'll give you a well documented historical example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passing_(racial_identity)

If you need more contemporary examples, ask.
    Forgive me, perhaps I'm not completely up to speed; but did either of these shooters target people based solely on their ethnicity?Did they shoot only blacks or browns or a combination of the two? The little I have looked at seems to indicate they just wanted to kill random strangers and chose a convenient soft target. If that synopsis is correct, the only way you could protect yourself from being targeted would be to never go shopping or to any other place where the public gathers
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    Dunno, I would expect a brawl to break out but an indiscriminate shooter is a surprise.
    It is not uncommon for these people to have had their ass beat in a fair (or unfair) fight; and unable to let it go, go get the gun from the car and go for round two with an 'equalizer'

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    I believe that this info is out there but is being quashed by big pharma. I've read a few articles on it in the past.
    Yes. I would expect whether the shooter off himself or LEO does it for him, I expect there is an autopsy/tox screen. That info should be in the record somewhere

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twangbanger View Post
    Many people I've talked to who are advocating gun control, believe these types of drugs are a solution to society's problems, and feel the same way about them that "we" do about guns. They don't want negative attention focused on them. The attitude of some is, "Drugs = Good; Institutional Care =Bad." And you can guess what the Pharmaceutical Oligarchy thinks.

I am not blaming the drugs, but think I agree with you in that they play a critical role in the changes to how our society has chosen to treat people with emotional disturbances in the past 30 years. The short answer is that drugs are being seen as a panacea, by some. Artificial Impulse Control is easily popped in your mouth...solution, done.

But what happens when the person refuses to take their Impulse Control in a Bottle?
    I have felt for quite some time that each person has a maximum density of humanity that they can stand before the constant sand-papering of their nerve endings by such crowding sets them off, like locusts requiring a certain density of their brethren to trigger the change (to the swarming form). That's why I think these things are more prevalent in urban areas, and perhaps (this is supposition on my part) among people who need to move to some low density area in the country but lack the means

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bee View Post
    Dayton Mayor just said this shooting is the 250th mass shooting this year.
    Isnít that more than 1 a day?
    If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    I have felt for quite some time that each person has a maximum density of humanity that they can stand before the constant sand-papering of their nerve endings by such crowding sets them off, like locusts requiring a certain density of their brethren to trigger the change (to the swarming form). That's why I think these things are more prevalent in urban areas, and perhaps (this is supposition on my part) among people who need to move to some low density area in the country but lack the means
    I think there's something to that, and I'd add that it seems likely to me (though uneducated in this field of thought) that there is or are other triggers involved with mass shooters. I just don't see a young man who believes that he has a good life ahead of him and who is to some extent engaged in a positive way with family and/or community would do something like that.

And, another thing I'd add is that, after ready the El Paso shooter's manifesto, as well as the Christ Church shooter's as well, I believe it's likely that the reasons the shooters gave (and that they no doubt believe are true) may not necessarily be the real reasons.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

User Info Menu

Ohio gunman had bulletproof vest, at least 100 rounds when he opened fire outside bar, police say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dayton-oh...g-massacre-bar

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    Don't people buy shoes that fit them anymore?
    This was one of my first thoughts too. Just one of the many reasons why I always wear proper foot wear. No sandals or flip-flops for me. Also when my kids are with me in a public place they are in sneakers.

The way many people dress when they leave the house these days is disgraceful, but that's for another discussion.
    Last edited by MCgrease08; 08-04-2019 at 17:52.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

I trained in Dayton at the major hospitals there. Oregon District is like a historic broad ripple. Not quite as large buildings as fountain square but similar

aweful
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    Ohio gunman had bulletproof vest, at least 100 rounds when he opened fire outside bar, police say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dayton-oh...g-massacre-bar

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
    FTA:
    Later on Sunday, President Trump denounced the two mass shootings, saying "hate has no place in our country."

Addressing reporters in Morristown, New Jersey, Trump said that "we're going to take care" of the problem. He said he had been speaking to the attorney general, FBI director and members of Congress and will be making an additional statement Monday morning.

Trump pointed to a mental illness problem in the U.S., calling the shooters "really very seriously mentally ill."

Let's hope this is the direction he pushes, rather than encouraging more anti-gun legislation or EO's.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast