• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Were there any Judges involved?

There is an element of society that just never seems to figure out where they fit in and seem to lack a feeling of acceptance. From my perspective those individuals sometimes just never find satisfaction in life and eventually go over the edge and want to take as many with them as they can. If they can make people remember them..well that may provide motivation.

I have often wondered if any of these people who carry out these evil attacks are under any form of chemical courage beforehand.

How long has this been the case, and is it unique to the United States?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have often wondered if any of these people who carry out these evil attacks are under any form of chemical courage beforehand.

There never seems to be enough reporting on this. What kind of psycho active drugs are being used by the shooters. Seems like it would be pertinent information if majority of mass killers happen to be on benzodiazepines or antidepressants.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    There never seems to be enough reporting on this. What kind of psycho active drugs are being used by the shooters. Seems like it would be pertinent information if majority of mass killers happen to be on benzodiazepines or antidepressants.

I believe that this info is out there but is being quashed by big pharma. I've read a few articles on it in the past.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    What the hell is wrong with people?

An escalating cycle of repression, political violence, more repression, and more political violence in retaliation?

Also never underestimate the number of people who see a thing on TV and suddenly decide "I can do that".

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Many people I've talked to who are advocating gun control, believe these types of drugs are a solution to society's problems, and feel the same way about them that "we" do about guns. They don't want negative attention focused on them. The attitude of some is, "Drugs = Good; Institutional Care =Bad." And you can guess what the Pharmaceutical Oligarchy thinks.

I am not blaming the drugs, but think I agree with you in that they play a critical role in the changes to how our society has chosen to treat people with emotional disturbances in the past 30 years. The short answer is that drugs are being seen as a panacea, by some. Artificial Impulse Control is easily popped in your mouth...solution, done.

But what happens when the person refuses to take their Impulse Control in a Bottle?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I believe that this info is out there but is being quashed by big pharma. I've read a few articles on it in the past.

Ya the news will drone on about the assault rifle ar47 used in the attack but I'll only see passing remarks about brain altering pharmaceuticals. For example I believe the Vegas shooter toxicology showed he was on some pharmaceutical but since it was only trace amounts they concluded it didn't contribute? Like the effect the drug would have had for the years he was dosing himself didn't matter?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    ...or have went off the drugs that kept them from being the homicidal maniacs that they really are?

I'm not sure I buy this. Wouldn't this mean there's a massive uptick in homicidal maniacs, that even with our drugs keeping most in check there still appear to be more mass shootings than ever?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Ya the news will drone on about the assault rifle ar47 used in the attack but I'll only see passing remarks about brain altering pharmaceuticals. For example I believe the Vegas shooter toxicology showed he was on some pharmaceutical but since it was only trace amounts they concluded it didn't contribute? Like the effect the drug would have had for the years he was dosing himself didn't matter?

I think the issue is what happens when a person, who can only function normally when taking the drugs - stops taking the drugs. The effect seems to be that the person is worse off, than when they started taking them. It's the "Rogaine Effect;" once the person quits taking it, all benefits are lost and they drop to an even worse level (because their underlying condition has continued to progress while they were drugged).

I am not an expert, but I am really skeptical that these kinds of people are ever going to be able to live responsibly (ie, not a danger to society) outside of some form of institutional care.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    How long has this been the case, and is it unique to the United States?

Kut- I should have stated that I don't have any data to back up my statement. It is just what I speculate maybe a contributing factor.
    IMHO, this has been an issue for a couple hundred years easy. I like to learn about history, and I think other factors may at least sometimes lead a person to have such feelings. I think back to some who following the Civil war that maybe were changed or just didn't feel they fit into the changing society and and went over the edge and committed all kinds of evil acts using political, racial or other reasons to justify (in their minds) their actions. Then you have some who seem to actually enjoy causing mayhem while inflicting fear in others. I believe to some degree for some it feels like it gives them power.

I don't think this is exclusive the the US.
    But, depending how chemical courage may play into it may lend itself to being more of a US problem with how easily meds get pushed.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

I have a son that has struggled with depression since a young age. After many issues we gave in to the Dr's who suggested meds. Never saw any positive changes (maybe a couple weeks at a time) long term. After several year he eventually flipped out and was hospitalized under an immediate detention as an adult (at 18). The Dr there determined he had been prescribed meds that counteracted each other and said that may have been fueling his depression and causing his anger. She took him off the meds and then put him on a different type of med. Since then he has been much more "normal" and doesn't have the angry tendency's or depression issues. As a result he has finally found who he is and where he seems to fit in. It has given him more self value.
    So the right meds can help but when one gets the wrong meds bad things can happen in a hurry.
    People who need meds and go off of them for various reasons maybe a ticking time bomb or maybe as harmless as state fair lemonade. But I think reasearch could help shed light on the issue

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It definitely needs more research, I think most people would be surprised to know how little we actually know about how the drugs work, drs are basically guessing when they decide which psycho active drugs to give. That and long term the drugs work only slightly better than placebo. Also we need to destigmatize lsd/psilocybin and research its effects on treating these issues. Would be better to have a drug you only need once every few years.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Don't people buy shoes that fit them anymore? :dunno:

LIh8Wg1.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Dayton, Ohio, shooting suspect identified, sister among 9 killed, officials say[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]https://www.foxnews.com/us/dayton-o...dentified-sister-among-9-killed-officials-say[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.[/FONT][/FONT]

Wow... wonder if he knew he was shooting her, or if she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Top Bottom