Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Even if you're using "you" rhetorically, it seems to me that you're arguing against people that don't exist. Who is telling you that YOU must withhold YOUR membership from the NRA? What *I* see, some people are criticizing the NRA because of the allegations against WLP. I see some other people not reacting well to the NRA being criticized. It's fair enough to ask for more evidence that the criticism is warranted, but to act like it's blaspheme even to say a word against the NRA isn't helping anything.

It's okay, given the information out there, for people to say they suspect WLP is doing things with their money he shouldn't be doing. It's okay, given the information out there, to think maybe the allegations could be exaggerated. That shouldn't be a divisive issue among gun owners. We can talk about what should be done with that information. We don't have to be at each others throats and wag fingers and call names.
    Since you quoted me, I wasn't aware that I had called anyone names, nor could anyone possibly observe my alleged digital oscillations. I was responding after you (meaning 'you', not everybody) told CMonkey "You canít make people see things your way. You just make your case and let it be." Sorry I let some wrong-headed Bozo lead me astray, I guess

I do see a familiar pattern about some posts here, though. The one of spending 100% of the time pointing out problems and 0% of the time considering solutions

As far as the people who 'don't exist', perhaps a review of the first post as well as the title of the embedded video would be in order
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Could you explain this a little further?
    https://www.investopedia.com/financi...h-you-had.aspx
    CEO Benefits You Wish You Had

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/8-...gry-2016-01-28
    8 CEO perks that will make you angry

Please note that I am answering your question, not attempting to defend Lapierre's behavior as in any way appropriate

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    I don't care if we buy Wayne a golden Rolls to be driven around in, to and from his Lear jet. If he and his actions save us from the pending democrat anti-gun wave that seemingly WILL hit us at some point in time, it will be money well invested.
    That water around your feet? It isn't raining

https://spectator.org/gun-confiscati...s-to-virginia/
    Gun Confiscation Comes to Virginia
    See what happens when a formerly great red state turns very blue?

User Info Menu

I don't care if we buy Wayne a golden Rolls to be driven around in, to and from his Lear jet. If he and his actions save us from the pending democrat anti-gun wave that seemingly WILL hit us at some point in time, it will be money well invested.
    You act as if he alone is a savior or something. What evidence is there that no one else can do what he does? I honestly don't understand putting this much faith in one person. But, I will give you this much. WLP is pretty good at getting people to donate.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

It seems as though the loudmouths have no solution other than to encourage boycott of the only effective 2A lobby we have ever had.

Is the solution that gun owners must lose for them to "win"?

I'd love to see (and get behind) a solution to actually fix the internal problems in the NRA. Throwing it all away to see what happens is not a solution.
    And your solution is to keep feeding the beast, hoping it will get better? WLP isn't THE problem at the NRA, but is representative of the problem at the NRA. If sharing a video that calls out WLPs compensation classifies me as a loud mouth, it is a title I'll proudly wear.

You want a solution for the problem? Stop feeding the beast. The NRA today is not what the NRA was in the 90s or the 60s. I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alabasterjar View Post
    And your solution is to keep feeding the beast, hoping it will get better? WLP isn't THE problem at the NRA, but is representative of the problem at the NRA. If sharing a video that calls out WLPs compensation classifies me as a loud mouth, it is a title I'll proudly wear.

You want a solution for the problem? Stop feeding the beast. The NRA today is not what the NRA was in the 90s or the 60s. I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you.
    What use do you have for the NRA of the 60's, or for that matter, the 90's? I'm supporting the NRA of the new century, the one working on carry rights and a force for 2A. I measure them by their accomplishments not what they earn or the organization spends...

User Info Menu

This seems to be saying that in an impending gunfight with totalitarianism, in which you were unarmed, if you were offered a Taurus you would turn it down because it was not perfect or 100% reliable

I would take the Taurus and shoot it until it failed or the fight was over

"Perfect is the enemy of good enough"

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Look closely at who put this video up...

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    What use do you have for the NRA of the 60's, or for that matter, the 90's? I'm supporting the NRA of the new century, the one working on carry rights and a force for 2A. I measure them by their accomplishments not what they earn or the organization spends...
    Right, the NRA of the new century, where we fight for some gun rights, but certainly not for "shall not be infringed". Where we take your hard earned money and buy $20k/year in fancy clothes for the annoited one.

I understand that some here see this as a binary choice, but I don't. If the $400M touted as NRAs income was spent directly supporting true 2A elected officials instead of pretty clothes and other BS adminstrative benefits, we wouldn't be talking about the nonsense in VA etc.

Expert

User Info Menu

Right, the NRA of the new century, where we fight for some gun rights, but certainly not for "shall not be infringed". Where we take your hard earned money and buy $20k/year in fancy clothes for the annoited one.

I understand that some here see this as a binary choice, but I don't. If the $400M touted as NRAs income was spent directly supporting true 2A elected officials instead of pretty clothes and other BS adminstrative benefits, we wouldn't be talking about the nonsense in VA etc.
    I hope you find the utopia you are looking for.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast