• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He made $1.4 million in 2017, $2.15 million in 2018...and $5.1 million in 2015 and $1.4 million in 2016.

It seems that around $1.3-1.4 million is his base salary and the rest is bonuses, deferred compensation and retire payouts.

We should at least have some context.

Just out of curiosity, how many memberships does $1M buy?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Pepe Lapierre my favorite “prosperity guy”

The NRA is losing creditably everyday and it’s political power is fading quickly. This one man has done more damage to the NRA than all the mass shootings combined.

1. The NRA is a 501c not a company.

2. It is run by a cartel of Pepes friend's and relatives.

3. Members have no say in what goes on in the NRA.

4. The NRA is a cash cow for the Lapierre family.

5. The NRA is quickly becoming a political liability not a asset not because of the people supporting the 2AD where it counts, it’s the leadership that’s a Enormous Herpes sore on the face of the NRA.

Some here believe Pepe is a great and noble man.
    He is not great and noble man once the weasel and his entourage are gone, real patriots can regain control of the NRA and make it great again.

Can't rep you right now Brad...

I can't fault WLP for making money, and I can't fault the NRA for paying him a lot of money.
    I can fault the NRA for consolidating power around him and silencing any dissent under the guise of "preventing a liberal power grab".
    Harlon Carter would be a sad panda right now.

I've got the latest NRA gun sweepstakes on my desk ready to mail. Written on it is "No more money from me till WLP is out."

I hope I win.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Don’t forget the “expense” account!

I wanna work somewhere that I can charge $39,000 in one day in one store while hanging out in Beverly Hills and not raise eyebrow.
    How bout $13,800 for a “intern’s” rent even though she lives and attends school in the same area as the job.
    Get this a $95,000 vacation to the Bahamas for him and extended family.
    $18,000 for a car a driver for a four day trip.
    Pay for a team of makeup and styling people to travel with my wife on the company dime.

Life is good!

Not all guys are as lucky as you and I, we are so good looking that we could be on TV all the time and have no need for makeup and nice clothes.

This is mostly a two part power play, there is a power struggle inside the NRA, and I really don't know who the good guys are, and our mortal enemies in the press and anti-gun groups are using this to to just what is happening in this thread, fight amongst ourselves and reduce the NRA influence on the election.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    HoughMade,

My sarcasms did not translate, I assumed my unpaid legal adviser would interpolate?

I don’t care what WL does with“his” money but he lives like a king on the NRA dime then gives speech’s about how the “elite’s” are bad it doesn’t jive with me.

The NRA is a storefront for WL and his crowd, it infuriates me because so many great people work hard to support the NRA and what most of us believe in. Those are the unsung Heroes of the NRA many are on this forum and work had to support the 2AD and other freedoms.

Look at what’s going on right now
    NRA “TV” gone
    NRA CCW Insurance dissolved
    Chris Cox top lobbyist and well respected in D.C. resigned
    Political clout is waning and the organization is rotting from within

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Can't rep you right now Brad...

I can't fault WLP for making money, and I can't fault the NRA for paying him a lot of money.
    I can fault the NRA for consolidating power around him and silencing any dissent under the guise of "preventing a liberal power grab".
    Harlon Carter would be a sad panda right now.

I've got the latest NRA gun sweepstakes on my desk ready to mail. Written on it is "No more money from me till WLP is out."

I hope I win.

How much should WLP have been paid while leading an organization quadrupling its revenues and succeeding in its mission? Are the perks he received out of line with that?

There is not a soul on this forum that has even the slightest idea what it is like to be WLP. We do not have to worry that any misspeaks will blow back on our members, have to live with constant security so some crazy does not kill him or his family. Every major decision in a $400 million operation falls to him. He lives under constant media scrutiny. That is no where near a complete list but a few points.

I can tell you, I would not trade my life for his...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Look at what’s going on right now
    NRA “TV” gone
    NRA CCW Insurance dissolved
    Chris Cox top lobbyist and well respected in D.C. resigned
    Political clout is waning and the organization is rotting from within

Looks like collateral damage from an internal power struggle to me. As is laundry list of greviances you had in your earlier post...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    A lot of people like to say things like "The NRA is the only thing standing in the way of us losing our rights" or some variation of that and all I hear is "When the cops come to take my guns, I'm gonna give them up instead of blowing their heads off like I should"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... What is the purpose of this thread again?

It's quite obvious isn't it? Some of the younger of us fooled around and actually said it, didn't they? ;)

No offense to the younger crowd, but I bet they don't remember the '94 AWB? Might not have even been around or thought of in '94, much less were affected by this firearms ban that, after sun-setting, propelled the AR15 to the status of most popular rifle in existence?

Think we'll be lucky enough :n00b: to have another AWB sunset after ten years without the NRA on board? Just think about that, eh...

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OK Boomer...

iu

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My beef isnt so much that he's making the millions. Its that he's doing so at a not for profit. Nonprofits are there to help their constituents, not line executive pockets.

If you want to make millions, go work for the for profit companies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My beef isnt so much that he's making the millions. Its that he's doing so at a not for profit. Nonprofits are there to help their constituents, not line executive pockets.

Thinking the Red Cross/United Way.

I get it peoples. I seriously do but damnit the money is being diverted from the cause.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    A lot of people like to say things like "The NRA is the only thing standing in the way of us losing our rights" or some variation of that and all I hear is "When the cops come to take my guns, I'm gonna give them up instead of blowing their heads off like I should"

Capture.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

This is entirely backwards. Many have a misconception that non profit employees take some kind of vow of poverty or the like.

NEWS FLASH: They are employees that work for a buck, all of them they can get. I got a laugh out of a comment in a recent NRA bashing thread that complained WLP didn't even own guns, shoot, hunt, and the like. Sort of saying if he ain't good enough to be a buddy he ain't good enough to run NRA.

Like him or not, the guy has spent nearly 30 years growing the NRA. I believe he personally knows hundreds of major politicians, probably has cell phone numbers for many of them. Are we sure we want to fire a guy that has those type of connections and hire a new guy to start networking from scratch? Who should replace him? How many years will it take to get them up to speed?

These are hard questions with no easy answers and a bunch of guys on a gun forum likely do not have enough information to even make an intelligent decision, but we sure can vent. But does that help the cause we all are here supporting? I agree that the organization needs some work at the director level and much better oversight by the board. That is why I voted Adam Kraut, to be a reformer. But before we stop funding the NRA PAC and fire an experienced leader in an election season lets take a deep breath and look at the bigger picture...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is entirely backwards. Many have a misconception that non profit employees take some kind of vow of poverty or the like.

NEWS FLASH: They are employees that work for a buck, all of them they can get. I got a laugh out of a comment in a recent NRA bashing thread that complained WLP didn't even own guns, shoot, hunt, and the like. Sort of saying if he ain't good enough to be a buddy he ain't good enough to run NRA.

Like him or not, the guy has spent nearly 30 years growing the NRA. I believe he personally knows hundreds of major politicians, probably has cell phone numbers for many of them. Are we sure we want to fire a guy that has those type of connections and hire a new guy to start networking from scratch? Who should replace him? How many years will it take to get them up to speed?

These are hard questions with no easy answers and a bunch of guys on a gun forum likely do not have enough information to even make an intelligent decision, but we sure can vent. But does that help the cause we all are here supporting? I agree that the organization needs some work at the director level and much better oversight by the board. That is why I voted Adam Kraut, to be a reformer. But before we stop funding the NRA PAC and fire an experienced leader in an election season lets take a deep breath and look at the bigger picture...

I dont expect them to work for free, or very little. But something more reasonable like Mens Wearhouse vs $30,000 in one day in Beverly Hills.

And as mentioned upthread, we the members dont need to pay for your entire family and their entourage to vacation ON TOP OF your salary. But if you want to drop $30k on a vacation, more power to ya... Do like the rest of us do; Get a salary and pay your own damn way. One word comes to mind. Reasonable.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I dont expect them to work for free, or very little. But something more reasonable like Mens Wearhouse vs $30,000 in one day in Beverly Hills.

And as mentioned upthread, we the members dont need to pay for your entire family and their entourage to vacation ON TOP OF your salary. But if you want to drop $30k on a vacation, more power to ya... Do like the rest of us do; Get a salary and pay your own damn way. One word comes to mind. Reasonable.

Do we know for sure these things happened? I read the accusations as everyone else did but this was an all out internal war, what facts do we have concerning these allegations? Were these ever verified? If they were was there any explanation? Were these expenses approved by the board? If WLP just took them from the organization that would be criminal and he should be arrested and charged. Or are these like the bitter ex alleging child abuse to win custody?

Top Bottom