Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Everyone buying cans, I thank you.
    You're welcome.

Into the Kung Flu thread.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Lots and lots of rumors today that a statewide travel ban and "papers, please" order coming either today or the 29th. Looks like many large companies already sending out letters/passes/etc to show police when stopped.

Because nothing says "social distancing" like a police officer sticking his face into dozens of cars a day to interrogate people about where they're going or why.
    Nah. It hasnít happened anywhere else like that has it? Ok maybe NYC but we ainít them. Itís going to be a firm suggestion to stay home with an order to close non essential business, and most will stay home, if something or someone gets out of hand the simple order gives them a little power to send you home.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    You know you develop a picture in your minds eye about how someone looks, I had it nailed about you! Thanks for sharing your real self.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ditcherman View Post
    Nah. It hasnít happened anywhere else like that has it? Ok maybe NYC but we ainít them. Itís going to be a firm suggestion to stay home with an order to close non essential business, and most will stay home, if something or someone gets out of hand the simple order gives them a little power to send you home.
    plus most people canít just stay home now, there hasnít been enough food at the grocery stores to do so (which means trucks will always have jobs, along with everyone who services them (gas station employees, fast food, grocery stores, banks, vehicle service industry, etc).

if it comes down to ďshow me your papersĒ for people who have to work, they are in my car. I donít believe it ever will beside in major cities though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Lots and lots of rumors today that a statewide travel ban and "papers, please" order coming either today or the 29th. Looks like many large companies already sending out letters/passes/etc to show police when stopped.

Because nothing says "social distancing" like a police officer sticking his face into dozens of cars a day to interrogate people about where they're going or why.
    Lol. You must know some real winner officers. No one in my AO is even remotely interested in such shenanigans. We do have some amazing agencies up here, but I find it difficult to believe that they are that much outside of the norm for Indiana. Except troopers.

User Info Menu

Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

User Info Menu

Wuhan Virus
    "I got a shotgun,rifle and 4 wheel drive and country boy can survive!!!"

User Info Menu

FDA response?

So thereís a rush to bypass the FDA rules and regulations to rush out magic wonder drugs. The FDA has never been nimble and quickfooted and is filled with a swamp dwellers. Where do we find the balance of solving an immediate problem without months (years) of test trials while still protecting the public.

Iím pretty comfortable with the idea of prescribing drugs that have been used for years (malaria) but not ďtestedĒ for a new virus. Seems like the primary concern is effectiveness and you might as well take a placebo.

My fear is rolling out a new wonder drug for a new virus and having unintended consequences like the birth defects caused by Thalomid. Another concern is drug interactions with so many people on multiple prescription drugs as well as all their unregulated non-FDA supplements and herbal drugs.
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

Master

User Info Menu

Something else Iím happy about. My wife is a registered nurse at one of the local hospitals. I was worried about her having patients with this. Due to her health history, she wonít be allowed to have those patients. While it doesnít ease all fears it helps knowing she probably wonít.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    This is a golden opportunity for us to clean and organize our houses, shops, do all the things we normally put off or donít do often enough due to lack of time and poor time management.
    Yep. Plus, the grass is greening up and mine might be ready to mow this week. But...I just had a hernia fixed a couple weeks ago and with the restrictions, it really puts the ki-Bosch on lots of stuff. (I wish Iíd followed a church friendís advice and had this done back in the earlier part of winter.)

INGOer #18,319

Page 8 of 506 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast