• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In on my first page. You wimps that can't handle 40 posts at a time are just lightweights...

Massiive fail here. Two posts snuck in before I read and posted. LOL

Still in before the lock...

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This is a golden opportunity for us to clean and organize our houses, shops, do all the things we normally put off or don’t do often enough due to lack of time and poor time management.

Buddy, I was wayyy ahead of you... Then I pissed my back off and had to slow down. Then I kicked up enough dust doing stuff that I gave myself allergy problems that might have been, and still might be, the start of a sinus infection. Since it doesn't seem like a good time to get regular sick, I said screw it, and settled into being a total slug for the past 3 days.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We heard this week about the malaria drug that shows promise against the virus. Now it is coming out that in 2005 we found the drug to work in primates. Why wasn't this tested before? My guess is the Chinese were lying about the severity when we could have been looking for solutions.

Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    We heard this week about the malaria drug that shows promise against the virus. Now it is coming out that in 2005 we found the drug to work in primates. Why wasn't this tested before? My guess is the Chinese were lying about the severity when we could have been looking for solutions.

Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

It takes money for testing and the threat from that virus went away and any testing stopped. Kind of myopic but that is the way stuff works.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Not sure if the state is keeping this current....but this is the website I used for snow travel info during snow storms. I think this may still apply?

https://www.in.gov/dhs/traveladvisory/

It applies, but I don't think it's current. Probably nobody updating it on the weekends. You'll also notice that none of Indiana is red (some towns might be). Red would be the "lock down" everyone is worried about.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    giphy.gif

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom