Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Vegan / WFPB - I'm not joking

Iíve been wondering this for some time now. Whatís with the hate towards a plant-based diet and those with more conservative-based leanings? I often hear soy-boy and beta-cuck tossed around. I am not totally WFPB/vegan, but am eating less animal-based products and have only had positive results without any change to my activity levels.

User Info Menu

It's parallel to the mask/no mask controversy. One side is convinced of the superiority of their position, can't shut up about it and can't accept a decision going against their grain. The ire is directed at the proselytizer, not the choice
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Strictly from my point of view, some who choose this way of life tend to be very vocal about it for whatever reason. "It's not cruel to animals. It's the way nature intended" etc. They seem to make it a political choice and "since I'm right, you're wrong." So the other side rebuts it and makes fun.

If that lifestyle is working for you, awesome. Keep it up. I'd bet that a good majority of vegans are out there are just doing what they do and not part of the extreme vocal minority.

But like ANY other choice a person makes, don't try and shove it down someone else's throat. It happens on all sides. I know a "meat eater" that is just as bad.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I don't support veganism due to nutritional gaps it leaves, but don't hate vegans for their dietary choice.

My problem is entirely their behavior towards others and how they make it a political issue to control people. Too often, they are really obnoxious about it.
    Antifa should rebrand themselves Vanilla ISIS.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    Iíve been wondering this for some time now. Whatís with the hate towards a plant-based diet and those with more conservative-based leanings?
    My family owns a steakhouse so..... plus bacon is just damned tasty.

Seriously though my wife and I don't eat meat for every meal all the time either. She has been eating more hear lately because she's pregnant and needs the iron and protein and those are just things that are harder to get in large, soluble amounts from plant based diets. We actually did what's called a Daniel fast earlier this year, that's no meat at all for 40 days, and with some of the products on the market today it's almost like cheating. Very tasty stuff that if you didn't know where vegetarian/vegan you wouldn't know.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

City-County Council Passes Meatless Monday Resolution

...The Indianapolis City-County Council passed a resolution in support of Meatless Mondays on December 5, 2016. The resolution encourages Indianapolis residents and institutions to try a meat-free day at the beginning of each week, aiming to reduce the cityís environmental footprint and raise awareness about healthy eating...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

I'm not totally carnivore, but I'm eating less and less plant based products...

I don't care what you eat. It'd be good if you didn't push your lifestyle off on me.
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    I'm not totally carnivore, but I'm eating less and less plant based products...

I don't care what you eat. It'd be good if you didn't push your lifestyle off on me.
    Exactly!!
    Antifa should rebrand themselves Vanilla ISIS.

User Info Menu

We could found an global advocacy association, the Militant Omnivores Of Terra, but what would be the point?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast