• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm afraid it goes back much farther than the 70's. The vegan conspiracy is a plot by the Seventh Day Adventists to push society toward a plant-based diet. You can find its roots with Will Keith Kellogg's scam to replace bacon with corn flakes.

Ok, that may be a bit tinfoil hat-like, but feel free to search for it on the search engine of your choice.

Setting aside the type of vegan that will look at meat eaters like they're serial killers. You need look no farther AOC's hare-brained Green New Deal. Meat production increases the number of cows farting, producing methane and driving climate change. And just a year later, Burger King is changing their cows diet to reduce.... emissions.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0200715-7mruy6gro5bpxhahcpgocdszoe-story.html

The conspiracy is real.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm afraid it goes back much farther than the 70's. The vegan conspiracy is a plot by the Seventh Day Adventists to push society toward a plant-based diet. You can find its roots with Will Keith Kellogg's scam to replace bacon with corn flakes.
    You know, I re-read what I wrote, and thought back to Kellogg!

AFAIK, he wasn't what we would consider a leftist... maybe he was...

There was a lot of weird ideas in his head.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I eat mostly meat, and little else. I have to eat all the meat that the preachy, whiny vegans won't eat, so it doesn't go to waste.

As many others have stated, the issue isn't with the choice to deprive yourself of necessary nutrients, the issue is with vegans forcing their lifestyle on everyone else and shaming those who do not submit.

You can always tell who's a began, because they'll tell you about it within 5 minutes of meeting them.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Why does it matter what we think of veganism or whatever the current re-branded name for the lifestyle is? If one is confident in their choices then it shouldn't matter what others think of those choices.

IMO, it is in large part insecurity that makes many vegans behave as obnoxiously as they often do. Much of the time they're not trying to convince those of us less enlightened so much as they're trying reassure themselves. Of course there's also the perception that misery shared is misery lessened as well.

If you want want to define your life by restrictive diet choices, that is your choice but don't expect others to make the same choices. The best thing you could do is to quit worrying about what others eat or what they think of what you eat. Herbivore, carnivore, or omnivore doesn't really matter, we're all going to die some day just the same. Might as well eat what we like, drink what we like, and be merry until then.

Rubix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2020
    Harlan
    I never said I was vegan, only that I reduced some animal products in my diet as a trial and in doing so, had positive results.

If I have a firearm question/response I might chime in, otherwise I’ll just lurk. Good luck growing the community.

Have a good day.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    51cnvDR+e6L.jpg

Free on kindle unlimited, $9.99 for the paperback

https://www.amazon.com/Emotionally-Strong-Have-Thick-Skin/dp/1533232601

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I never said I was vegan, only that I reduced some animal products in my diet as a trial and in doing so, had positive results.

If I have a firearm question/response I might chime in, otherwise I’ll just lurk. Good luck growing the community.

Have a good day.

INGO is outside the Facebook bubble

Every post here will not generate a like and/or a chorus of affirmation for your life choices

Think of INGO as being more like the real world

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner

Have a good day.

Curious what you do for a living?
    I ask so I can criticize it then take offense when you make an argument defending it, I’m a farmer.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Well, you did get your fifty! Congrats!

Fifty it is! And a fine run it was. Wonder what he's got his eye on? Short-barrel AR? Threaded P365 suppressor host? I hear Vegans like Mosins. The mind boggles.

"Good Luck Growing the Forum / I'm Being Repressed:"

[video=youtube;uxu7xLp4pnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxu7xLp4pnY[/video]

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

Ok, that may be a bit tinfoil hat-like, but feel free to search for it on the search engine of your choice.

Setting aside the type of vegan that will look at meat eaters like they're serial killers. You need look no farther AOC's hare-brained Green New Deal. Meat production increases the number of cows farting, producing methane and driving climate change. And just a year later, Burger King is changing their cows diet to reduce.... emissions.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0200715-7mruy6gro5bpxhahcpgocdszoe-story.html

The conspiracy is real.

Scary thing is the cereal diet part of Kellogg's sanitarium treatment was one of the least loony tunes parts of it. Got to admit also that he did do a lot to help others out later with his foundation and how he ran his factories to employ as many people as possible during the depression.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Have a good day.

I have several friends that are vegan or more commonly vegetarian. It doesn't prevent any problem at all because even if we go out to eat there is usually plenty of places we can both enjoy. It seems like a few of the people here have a bad experience with the militant vegan and I suppose that reflects on the rest of the vegans

I have had a few people tell me I shouldn't eat meat or animal products, but otherwise I just coincidentally find out about someone's eating habits if it comes up in small talk or meal planning

portercounty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Porter County
    My wife and I went vegetarian last year (September-ish?) for reasons still mostly unknown to me. I grew up on a farm, and grilling is one of my favorite things, but sometimes the fight isn't worth it. Surprisingly, 4 months later I was in the best shape of my life. All of my lifts were heavier than they'd ever been, my run times were faster, I felt better. HOWEVER, my wife, despite being on a nearly identical diet as me, was almost the opposite. She was constantly tired, her workouts were clearly suffering, and she quickly developed an iron deficiency. Long story short, what works for some certainly doesn't work for all. And even though it worked for me, I was THRILLED when she told me, "I can't do this anymore. Let's eat meat again." I'll gladly trade a quick 2-mile time for smoked brisket, or bacon, or pulled-pork pancakes (google that if you've never had them), any day of the week.

Top Bottom