• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I’m not trying to tell people what to do, only why they feel the way they do. What brings them to their position. Having gone down this rabbit hole I will say there are some militant vegans. I think the distinction is some are more for the science side and refer to it as “whole food plant based” and those who take a more ethical side and refer to themselves as "vegans."

The “whole food plant based” term might be a reactionary term, similar to “common sense gun regulation.” I’m not going to say what you should or shouldn’t do, but there is compelling peer-reviewed science to look at if one is interested.

I do see that the leading proponents of this are militant about exposing bias in the studies I've seen. It’s like a game to them. The protein and tooth claims are pretty weak, scientifically speaking. I will say they do recommend a B12 supplement, but even those on the Standard American Diet (SAD) are just as nutrient deficient, sometimes more, than their counterparts. Also, you get B12 from animal products because they supplement it into them. If that was stopped, everyone would be taking B12.

Most of us here are all somewhat of a prepper. We scrutinize the hell out of every aspect of a firearm/tactic and by and large, neglect our health, especially if my range trips are any indicator of the population on the whole. I’m just addressing my health/physical fitness the way I would anything. A critical look at the data.

Covid-19, factory farms and zoonotic virus' seem to just be waiting on us to slip up. Cancer, diabetes, heart disease and obesity are growing in this country every day and we complain about healthcare costs, drug pricing, you name it. I know it tastes good and holidays celebrate it. We worry about Soy and the feminization of men, yet the most potent phytoestrogen is in beer yet we don't think of it at all. I don't eat a lot of soy, but I do drink Silk and occasionally he tofu.

I think I should have gone into anthropology sometimes because I find it interesting observing the population and their reasoning. I know it's not popular and everyone thinks I'm a commie trolling INGO.

Do you believe in evolution? If so, then how can you say that they're weak arguments? We developed incisors for tearing into meat. They serve no other purpose really. But I'm a live and let live kinda guy so if you want to eat veggies only, then have at it. I'll continue to eat my bacon, eggs, steak, pork, chicken, etc.. My food eats your food... ;)

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    1. Your body was designed to eat meat, plus meat tastes good.

2. It’s a free country eat what you want I don’t care if you suck on pine cones your business.

3. Children need to eat meat the most sickly kids are vegans they look horrible.

4. I judge if your a “Commie” buy how much you dislike Communists not because of what kind of food you eat.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Because that is what I'm doing, totally telling everyone what to do. I specifically said, "Hey everyone, you have to be vegan." There is a serious issue with reading comprehension going on here.
    Yep, that’s what about half the people did. We love putting people in boxes and the vegan conservative just doesn’t fit in someone’s mind that is already made up.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Because that is what I'm doing, totally telling everyone what to do. I specifically said, "Hey everyone, you have to be vegan." There is a serious issue with reading comprehension going on here.

I don't believe a single person here accused you of being one of the militant vegans. But you asked, so we answered. And the response was consistent. We really don't care what you eat. Just don't be an ass about it and try to push it on others and everything is fine.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    There is a serious issue with reading comprehension going on here.

I’ve been wondering this for some time now. What’s with the hate towards a plant-based diet and those with more conservative-based leanings?

We all read pretty well. You asked a specific question. You got pretty consistent answers. Maybe it comes down to conservatives are pretty much live and let live. If vegans start pushing their opinions on others you violated our “live and let live” position. Most vegans can be a pain in the butt as illustrated by the common joke posted earlier.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I don't care if you prefer ... as long as you don't anounce it to me........ Oh, you said vegan........ Same answer. I don't like preachy vegans. Live and let live. Vegitarian is an Indian word that means "can't hunt".

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I think you misread what CM posted. I believe he was agreeing with the post he quoted, which answered the question you posted. Seems like you kind of came in prepared to get into it, rather than really hear the answers you asked for. You asked, and folks answered. Were you seeking more? From the initial post:

I’m not trying to tell people what to do, only why they feel the way they do. What brings them to their position

It seemed like you were interested in why folks "feel" they way they do about the subject. Were you then also seeking to change the way they felt?

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I have no issues with the actual diet, some of it is pretty tasty. I do have issues with the people trying to push it with an almost religious zealotry. I get that yes, there may be some health benefits, but lets say that this pandemic was actually more deadly than it is: how long could you keep to this diet with widespread disruption to the supply chain?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Not everybody's digestive system, metabolism, etc is the same. I know people who really suffered health wise from eating meat. Others seem to thrive on it. Most are somewhere in the middle. When I was with my ex we decided to try a vegan diet. In less than a month I was in horrible shape, she was doing great. Her brother was big in ayurvedic diets and he said I'm one of those people who has to have some meat to live. So I got to eat meat! IIRC he said I was Vata or Veta, something like that.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is all amusing to me. I work with a woman that is vegan. We always tease each other, because I am much closer to carnivore. Neither of us even tried to change the mind of the other, although we have had discussions as to how we arrived where we are. I respect her decisions, even if I don't agree with them.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Hi.

I don't care what you eat or why/why not.

I'm married to a woman who has celiac disease. I bet eating out is way more difficult for her than for a vegetarian (though for a strict Vegan, I'm sure it's quite difficult).

Are you one of those Vegans who goes all in on clothing / shoes / cars / etc, too?

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I’ve been wondering this for some time now. What’s with the hate towards a plant-based diet and those with more conservative-based leanings? I often hear soy-boy and beta-cuck tossed around. I am not totally WFPB/vegan, but am eating less animal-based products and have only had positive results without any change to my activity levels.

:popcorn:

I don't think anyone would care if someone was vegan or not if they didn't bring it up in the first place. Never once have I gone up to someone and asked them if they eat meat or not.

Top Bottom