• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themurseman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Greenfield
    This happened before the COVID scare, but we were at Chuck E Cheese for a Bday Party. I had a glock 27 in a IWB holster. Concealed pretty decently. I bent over to get some tickets from a game. My hoodie came up and I guess someone saw my pistol. The manager kindly asked me to take it out to my car because they have a no firearm policy and that it made another guest uncomfortable. I wasn't going to argue and couldn't just leave because it was a birthday party. I told her that I would take it out to my car and that I try to follow the rules and signs and didn't see a sign. She didn't really respond. They did not have a sign. Is this normal for businesses to have this as a policy and not post it?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yep. Signs don't carry the weight of law here so a lot of businesses don't bother but will still ask you to leave if the see it.

Personally, I would have walked outside, covered it up and walked right back in. But that's just me.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Maybe the manager should have suggested the “uncomfortable” guest leave. Sometimes people overlook the easiest solution to a problem.
    Yup. Not having my gun on me makes me uncomfortable, so whose comfort is more important? I prefer to protect my kids, if my gun leaves, my kids and wallet leaves.

Also tho, Chuck E. Cheese is definitely a no gun place. Carry a single stack very deep concealed and never had a problem.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Maybe the manager should have suggested the “uncomfortable” guest leave. Sometimes people overlook the easiest solution to a problem.

I mean...

This way both customers stayed and continued spending money, so the manager got the best possible outcome from her perspective. If I really felt like I couldn't leave, I would join MCg on his plan.

To be clear, this was you taking a child to a birthday party, right? Or are adult birthday parties at Chuck E. Cheese a thing?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    imga4Q6.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seems like I remember seeing on previous threads here that this particular chain is pretty well known to be unaccommodating. I’ve never set foot in one, myself.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Is this normal for businesses to have this as a policy and not post it?

This happened before the COVID scare, but we were at Chuck E Cheese for a Bday Party. I had a glock 27 in a IWB holster. Concealed pretty decently. I bent over to get some tickets from a game. My hoodie came up and I guess someone saw my pistol. The manager kindly asked me to take it out to my car because they have a no firearm policy and that it made another guest uncomfortable. I wasn't going to argue and couldn't just leave because it was a birthday party. I told her that I would take it out to my car and that I try to follow the rules and signs and didn't see a sign. She didn't really respond. They did not have a sign. Is this normal for businesses to have this as a policy and not post it?

What they REALLY should have is a sign that says: "No Thugs, Gang Bangers, Hood Rats, or other worthless animals"
    Years ago I used to have meetings doors down from the Chuck Cheese @ US-40 + Franklin Road, on Indy East Side.
    Was the norm during my 5:45PM meetings to hear shots fired next door at the CC with the Thugs that were attending a birthday party.

Seems that it is easier for business to ban firearms than to ban Thugs??..

BTW: GREAT to see you on here "murse"...Bill.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    The manager is in a tough spot on this. IIRC, there was a kid-oriented place called Celebration Station (?) in Merrillville where gunplay started during a birthday party a few years ago. The place closed, and it has since been bulldozed. As a business, they obviously want to avoid that. Imagine being in a meeting with corporate management and suggesting a pro-gun policy. Ain't gonna happen.

How can a business which is open to the public identify "thugs" (a term that is near the top of the dog-whistle list) before they start behaving badly, at which time it's probably too late?
    My preferred option would be to carry discreetly, or avoid the venue altogether.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

"My gun is attached to my wallet, if one leaves they both leave".

Easy enough

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We stopped taking the terrorists to the dancing rat a while back. They were busted for putting out already sold pizza slices cleaned off the tables and things related. The crowds here locally are rife with morons and aliens. Clowns to the lefty of me.....jokers to the right here I am.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Seems like I remember seeing on previous threads here that this particular chain is pretty well known to be unaccommodating. I’ve never set foot in one, myself.

If you want to try their pizza, I have the recipe.

One slice of cardboard.
    1/4 cup of ketchup. Add water to make two cups.
    White rubber pellets.

Bake until lukewarm.

themurseman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Greenfield
    Yup. Not having my gun on me makes me uncomfortable, so whose comfort is more important? I prefer to protect my kids, if my gun leaves, my kids and wallet leaves.

Also tho, Chuck E. Cheese is definitely a no gun place. Carry a single stack very deep concealed and never had a problem.

Agree, next time I will have the LCP in my pocket.

Top Bottom