• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You will be getting to go again when the grandkids come along :rolleyes:

I have NEVER been to Chuck E Cheese (kids 22 to 15, so too old now) and hopefully I have instilled within my kids a proper disdain of the place to pass on to their own kids. Seeing 2 or more cop cars parked outside the Hobart Chuck E about 75% of the times we go past may have helped.

...and ball pits, and indoor play sets are probably a thing of the past.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you want to try their pizza, I have the recipe.

One slice of cardboard.
    1/4 cup of ketchup. Add water to make two cups.
    White rubber pellets.

Bake until lukewarm.

CSB. You know why the pizza tastes awful? Because it was started by Atari, not a restaurateur. Back in the day Atari wanted a way to showcase their new games. What a better way than to create an arcade with a pizza place to bring the families in and keep them there to spend their quarters for an extended time?

It was never about the food.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Hospital units for ... is it incarcerated patients? (someone will be along with a proper definition) are a no-go.

Now does that mean just that ward, or the whole building? That has yet to be tested in a court of law.

Basically, if people are there without their consent - jails, courthouses, mental wards, schools :):, don't take a gun there.

And federal buildings - courthouses, post offices, Natl park buildings, too.

And the whole IUPUI campus for that matter.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Every Chuck E Cheese I have ever been in has a No Guns Allowed Sign. I can remember one birthday party in particular was for one of my best friends kids. Of course his buddies from the PD and surrounding PDs were there with their kids. We all had a good laugh.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yep. Signs don't carry the weight of law here so a lot of businesses don't bother but will still ask you to leave if the see it.

Personally, I would have walked outside, covered it up and walked right back in. But that's just me.

I've seen Judges support clearly identified "No Trespass" signs as warning enough for an arrest. I wonder if it falls under this section of the IC Code:

(7) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters or refuses to leave the property of another person after having been prohibited from entering or asked to leave the property by a law enforcement officer when the property is:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've seen Judges support clearly identified "No Trespass" signs as warning enough for an arrest. I wonder if it falls under this section of the IC Code:

(7) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters or refuses to leave the property of another person after having been prohibited from entering or asked to leave the property by a law enforcement officer when the property is:

Theoretically it could...but I don't know of an example.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Hospital police officer here. The "armed guard" mentioned at IU Methodist in Indy was probably a police officer. IU Health has a police department.

It isn't illegal to carry in a hospital unless that hospital has a psychiatric ward. And by "that hospital," I mean "that structure." If IU Methodist in Indy has a psych ward, that has no bearing on IU in Lafayette, unless that hospital has a psych ward.

Our entire psych facility is in a different building which is not attached, so carrying in the main hospital would be legal, but is still prohibited by policy. Even carrying a gun into the psych hospital will not get you arrested, but you may get a talking to. I can't speak for every officer and every department, but we wouldn't arrest for that, unless you refused to leave or disarm.

videodon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    New Albany
    Yup. Not having my gun on me makes me uncomfortable, so whose comfort is more important? I prefer to protect my kids, if my gun leaves, my kids and wallet leaves.

Also tho, Chuck E. Cheese is definitely a no gun place. Carry a single stack very deep concealed and never had a problem.

+1000
    :)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why IUPUI?

Thats a special circumstance. As a student, if you are caught breaking their private rule, you wont be arrested, but they will rob your ability to continue the education you paid for. You will end up kicked out of classes and still on the hook for the bill for all previous studies. And good luck getting into another school that may or may not accept all of your prior class credits. So you'll have to pay for a bunch of classes again.

Not jail, but effectively quite the fine. (paying for classes you cant finish, as well as prior classes that wont transfer, and in the end no degree to show for the $$ paid)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    If you want to try their pizza, I have the recipe.

One slice of cardboard.
    1/4 cup of ketchup. Add water to make two cups.
    White rubber pellets.

Bake until lukewarm.

you forgot 3 very important ingredients

sugar, high fructose corn syrup and 50-75 crotch goblins (high on sugar and high fructose corn syrup!)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The manager is in a tough spot on this. IIRC, there was a kid-oriented place called Celebration Station (?) in Merrillville where gunplay started during a birthday party a few years ago. The place closed, and it has since been bulldozed. As a business, they obviously want to avoid that. Imagine being in a meeting with corporate management and suggesting a pro-gun policy. Ain't gonna happen.

How can a business which is open to the public identify "thugs" (a term that is near the top of the dog-whistle list) before they start behaving badly, at which time it's probably too late?
    My preferred option would be to carry discreetly, or avoid the venue altogether.
    I'm late to the party here, but that place has been gone for a lot more than a few years. Closer to 20.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I agree completely with MC and would've done the same thing. In addition to that I would've found a different location for birthday parties in the future

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    These places need to be held accountable for your security if they aren’t allowing you to do so. Start flinging lawsuits at them from the other side. Besides a few people who don’t spend their money at the establishment..... putting a no gun sign up is a no brainer for these places there very limited repercussions.

Right now they put them up because it blocks them from lawsuits. But if they were held accountable for the safety of the people they disarmed and lawsuits start coming in maybe the signs would start to disappear.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    These places need to be held accountable for your security if they aren’t allowing you to do so. Start flinging lawsuits at them from the other side. Besides a few people who don’t spend their money at the establishment..... putting a no gun sign up is a no brainer for these places there very limited repercussions.

Right now they put them up because it blocks them from lawsuits. But if they were held accountable for the safety of the people they disarmed and lawsuits start coming in maybe the signs would start to disappear.

A private business is not responsible for your security. You have the choice not to enter and courts have repeatedly ruled that they have private property rights that allow them to set conditions on entry, so I don't think lawsuits will be very effective. That said, I don't believe signs "block them from lawsuits" either.

The sign is much more a byproduct of insurance than it is law.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

And you would have a hard row to hoe without obvious harm. I would suspect it would be difficult to find a judge willing to play along in the "what if" scenario. Without actual harm done, they arent likely to rule in our favor.

Now if you escaped an active shooter scenario and could show you followed the rules you might get the courts to listen. But that would still be a stretch.

EDIT: This is an example of the harm it would take. She carried everywhere, but followed the law and left her gun in the car. Both of her parents were killed in the Luby's shooting in TX but she was able to escape.

[video=youtube;FvTO-y-B2YM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvTO-y-B2YM[/video]

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

So your Rights surpass those of Personal Property Rights?

Insert Laughing Monkey Gif Here....

Top Bottom