Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: the waiting

M67

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lilboog82 View Post
    Still waiting for my .45 can, check cashed on 5/7/18.
    waiting on 4 right now, oldest are January and March

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M67 View Post
    waiting on 4 right now, oldest are January and March

Well ****, that sucks... and here I was hoping it would be anytime now.
    You canít fix stupid

Plinker

User Info Menu

My check cashed 3/28/18 and picked it up 12/04/18...around 245 days.

User Info Menu

woot woot!!!!!, got a text last night, stamp is here...and I don't mean a postage stamp!...guess who's going to the range on sunday WITHOUT his ear muffs!

to my suppressor!
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

Hop

User Info Menu

How did you get this so fast? Was it more of an inheritance transfer from the estate?

[edit - congrats though! Having something that's yours sit in limbo while .gov thinks about how worthy you are is terrible imo]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    How did you get this so fast? Was it more of an inheritance transfer from the estate?

[edit - congrats though! Having something that's yours sit in limbo while .gov thinks about how worthy you are is terrible imo]
    I mailed the paperwork off on 4-4-18, card was charged on the 12th, so 8 months. I'm assuming with form 1's going online, that might speed up other transfers, at least till form4's go online (if ever)

not an inheritance thing, his passing was kind of quick, he already had a will drawn up, and a lawyer in place to handle the estate, all of his guns went to auction (except a few that were promised to family, he was a deputy sheriff and his duty guns went to his children). he had 3 class 3 items, the suppressor, a mk760 sub gun (not the smith and Wesson version) and an ithica auto burglar. he (the lawyer) sold the 760 to a friend, the auto burglar to another lawyer out of state, and the suppressor to me, he thought (and I agree) the it'd be easier to sell them to contacts than try to auction them off, and since the lawyer knew I was thinking about buying a suppressor, he asked if I was interested in it, and I wasn't able to get anything from the auction (I was out bid on the 3 items I really wanted) so now I have something to remember him by.

it's a outback 2 sealed can, and I plan on putting a few round thru it, and then sending it back to gemtec to have it upgraded with the iou program (they convert it to a monocore like the gm22), so I'll have the same money in it as I would have if i'd have bought the gm22, but i'll have a remembrance of a good friend!

he also had a 14 inch barrel Winchester trapper, that had to go to the atf nfa branch to determine if it was manufactured that way, or was converted to a short barrel, turns out it was converted, but I guess the batfe is changing, rather than destroy the gun, they're removing the barrel and returning the stock and action, so another barrel can be added and it can be sold.

to tell you how good of a friend bob was, at the nra banquet in 2017, he was drawn to win his choice of a 1903 springfield, a auto ordnance 1911, or a auto ordnance m1 carbine, bob was in the hospital at the time, and couldn't go, so the person drawing the winning number picked the 03a3 springfield, 2 days later bob called me, we were talking about the banquet, and that I missed him being there, he said "I wish i'd have been there too, I wouldn't have picked the springfield, I know how much you want a carbine, so I would have picked that and given it to you!".

we ate breakfast together every saturday, and then we'd go to the gun shop I work at, and we'd talk guns or politics or how stupid man buns are. Saturdays aren't the same anymore.
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

Plinker

User Info Menu

How close will the t36 focus?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5