• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    :rockwoot::banana::rockwoot::banana:woot woot!!!!!, got a text last night, stamp is here...and I don't mean a postage stamp!...guess who's going to the range on sunday WITHOUT his ear muffs!

:happybday: to my suppressor!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    How did you get this so fast? Was it more of an inheritance transfer from the estate?

[edit - congrats though! Having something that's yours sit in limbo while .gov thinks about how worthy you are is terrible imo]

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    How did you get this so fast? Was it more of an inheritance transfer from the estate?

[edit - congrats though! Having something that's yours sit in limbo while .gov thinks about how worthy you are is terrible imo]

I mailed the paperwork off on 4-4-18, card was charged on the 12th, so 8 months. I'm assuming with form 1's going online, that might speed up other transfers, at least till form4's go online (if ever)

not an inheritance thing, his passing was kind of quick, he already had a will drawn up, and a lawyer in place to handle the estate, all of his guns went to auction (except a few that were promised to family, he was a deputy sheriff and his duty guns went to his children). he had 3 class 3 items, the suppressor, a mk760 sub gun (not the smith and Wesson version) and an ithica auto burglar. he (the lawyer) sold the 760 to a friend, the auto burglar to another lawyer out of state, and the suppressor to me, he thought (and I agree) the it'd be easier to sell them to contacts than try to auction them off, and since the lawyer knew I was thinking about buying a suppressor, he asked if I was interested in it, and I wasn't able to get anything from the auction (I was out bid on the 3 items I really wanted) so now I have something to remember him by.

it's a outback 2 sealed can, and I plan on putting a few round thru it, and then sending it back to gemtec to have it upgraded with the iou program (they convert it to a monocore like the gm22), so I'll have the same money in it as I would have if i'd have bought the gm22, but i'll have a remembrance of a good friend!

he also had a 14 inch barrel Winchester trapper, that had to go to the atf nfa branch to determine if it was manufactured that way, or was converted to a short barrel, turns out it was converted, but I guess the batfe is changing, rather than destroy the gun, they're removing the barrel and returning the stock and action, so another barrel can be added and it can be sold.

to tell you how good of a friend bob was, at the nra banquet in 2017, he was drawn to win his choice of a 1903 springfield, a auto ordnance 1911, or a auto ordnance m1 carbine, bob was in the hospital at the time, and couldn't go, so the person drawing the winning number picked the 03a3 springfield, 2 days later bob called me, we were talking about the banquet, and that I missed him being there, he said "I wish i'd have been there too, I wouldn't have picked the springfield, I know how much you want a carbine, so I would have picked that and given it to you!".

we ate breakfast together every saturday, and then we'd go to the gun shop I work at, and we'd talk guns or politics or how stupid man buns are. Saturdays aren't the same anymore.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So,

495324539dc255e97ee9181b726dd4d4a77eae5cce942448997aff0fb50c524a.jpg

Who has the longest outstanding stamp?

At the moment I can't go far back enough in my CC report to see exactly when ATF charged my card, but if I remember right it was around....

1-18-18

That's 528 days

However I have had 2 stamps come back within the past month. One was 339 Days and the other was 433 Days

So who's been waiting longer?

PS- called regarding the one that's 528 days outstanding...ATF said still pending FBI approval and was not lost

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    So,

495324539dc255e97ee9181b726dd4d4a77eae5cce942448997aff0fb50c524a.jpg

Who has the longest outstanding stamp?

At the moment I can't go far back enough in my CC report to see exactly when ATF charged my card, but if I remember right it was around....

1-18-18

That's 528 days

However I have had 2 stamps come back within the past month. One was 339 Days and the other was 433 Days

So who's been waiting longer?

PS- called regarding the one that's 528 days outstanding...ATF said still pending FBI approval and was not lost

At 528 days, I'd be making a phone call to the office of Todd Young or your US representative

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Ouch - 528 days is bad. Thats officially contact congressmen bad.

I just found out that my 3 stamps from the 2018 SiCo promotion have been approved. Now I the waiting begins for the USPS to deliver a stamp...

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Currently have 2 Form 4s and a Form 1 from late Aug 2018 still out. My dealer tells me stuff is taking right at a year right now so HOPEFULLY I'll see something soon.....

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm still sitting on paperwork for a form 4 trust that I should have sent in close to 2 months ago. I am part of the problem. :(

I was waiting for efile form 4 to come back then was waiting for a 2nd suppressor a friend is trying to send me. The 2nd is a Blackhawk that was used in a magazine article (a T&E can).

I need to get both sent in. Double the pain I guess.

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Currently have 2 Form 4s and a Form 1 from late Aug 2018 still out. My dealer tells me stuff is taking right at a year right now so HOPEFULLY I'll see something soon.....

Update....My FFL received the 2 Form 4s on July 26. So that was Sept 11 (check cashed) to July 26 forms received....still waiting on the Form 1 that was sent at same time.

Last edited:

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Update....My FFL received the 2 Form 4s on July 26. So that was Sept 11 (check cashed) to July 26 forms received....still waiting on the Form 1 that was sent at same time.
    Mannnnn what the heck. I sent mine in and they received the forms September 7 of last year, but I just called and it's still pending with no examiner assigned :(

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

OK so final update....I got the Form 1 on Aug 24th that was sent at the beginning of Sept 2018. So check was cashed Sept 11 2018 and form approved Aug 14 2019.

Top Bottom