• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    If you walked into a gunshop that you frequent 1-2 times a month, and have done a significant amount of business with over the years, and saw a gun that you built and ultimately traded in to him for sale. The problem is not that he is reselling the gun you traded him, but that the gun is marked as new and more than 3 times what you got in trade because "he wont be able to mark it up much".

Now im not mad that he is reselling it (because thats obviously what he was going to do and its none of my business what he does with his guns) or that its marked up so high (his store, his prices), but that he is selling it as new and as one of his personal builds.

When I was pretending to look at it (really confirming that it was the same gun) he launched into a tirade of how it was a personal build and no expense was spared. It was a budget build by the way.

What would you do?

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Show him a picture taken shortly after the build was completed, and ask, "What was the date you said "you" completed this build" ?????

:popcorn:

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    wow.....thats kinda s****y to do really, selling something as new when its not.

I guess at that point i would find another GS to frequent.

Least he could do is be honest about the guns he is selling.

MO

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Obviously, gun shops are a dime a dozen. Speak your peace and move on.

Gun shops are like girls and buses. Another one will be along in 5 minutes.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Ask to see it. Then start asking him lots of questions about the build that only the person who built it would know. Or if you don't want to beat around the bush just ask him point blank if this is the gun you built.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    I would pull him aside and talk to him in private. If you say something in front of other costumers he will more likely get overly defensive and it will cause more problems. Eiher way if that is what he is doing (buying used guns and raising the prices and marking them as new) isn't that illegal? Even if it is legal for some bs reason it should be addressed in a calm and polite way at first.

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Don't go back, my dad always told me there's two kind of people you can't trust liars and thieves. One just seems to go hand and hand with the other.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Kick him in his Junk...

That will take care of it :laugh:

In all seriousness, I would probably say something about it. An I would make it abundantly clear as to why Im never buying anything from said gun shop ever again. Im all about a local shop making a buck, but dont lie about what your selling to make that buck:noway:

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    I traded in a Jeep for a used car about a year and a half ago. The dealer was firm on his trade-in and said, "I'm just going to send it to the auction and I don't expect much". I came back a few days later, and it was sitting on their lot, with a window sticker that was almost double the trade-in value and a "sold" tag on it.

Long story short, it's all a game- I didn't lose money, but I also research EVERYTHING before I make deals. On the other hand, I don't like snakes and will probably never go back.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Don't go back, my dad always told me there's two kind of people you can't trust liars and thieves. One just seems to go hand and hand with the other.

This but I would not call him a thief. Let's be honest: The road goes both ways, you willingly traded him the custom for something else. He did not "steal" it from you if you gave it up.

However, the liar thing does come into play. Had store owner once try telling me that the pistol I held (a Smith 4006) was a normal Smith when it was clearly a police trade in he was trying to sell me. Asked me to leave when I pointed out the Atlanta Police Department marking before the serial number. Other customers in the store had heard the conversation and wanted to see the pistol. As I left, he stated the gun was not for sale and took it out of the case. My father hated that shop and I saw why when I visited it.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Kick him in his Junk...

Then light him on fire.

Seriously, I would out the place on a gun forum because he clearly can't be trusted not to lie to his customers. I would like to not be one of them.

I mean, serious about the lighting him on fire after you kick him in his junk. It's a two part process, don'tcha know. ;)

Top Bottom