• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    UPDATE: I called and asked if he still had the Spikes build AR on the counter for sale. Of course he did (no one is paying that much for a spikes lower and a model 1 upper). I told him that I had been in a few days prior and that I recognized the gun as one I had traded in to him over the summer. He said "That is one of our shop builds" with a hint of annoyance. I told him that the serial numbers and parts matched my build that I traded in. He started to backtrack and said "Oh well, uh, my wife marked these and said it was a shop build." He seemed sincerely embarrassed. He said that the new tag would be changed. I didnt mention price because I couldnt care any less how much he sells it for.

I am going to stop by this afternoon or tomorrow to see if it has been changed. He never recognizes me so being "outed" isnt a concern for me, not that I would care anyways.

That is pretty bogus.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I frequent and support such shops as Riley Brothers on 421, His and Hers Target Sports in Sheridan, Premier Arms in Brownsburg, Plainfield Shooting Supplies, and several others.

Glad you're a supporter of Ron! He's a cool guy, and a knowledgeable GSO. Live just down the road from him, so he sees my face quite often.

I'd say I hope it wasn't him - but:

1.) I don't think it was him. Don't think you'd say it anyway and that's great.

and

2.) I highly doubt it was him. He and his wife do both tag their inventory, however they rarely make a mistake. That's why they often have "LIKE new" tags on their good condition trade ins. At least he doesn't mind you field stripping and getting a full on view of the internals. Bob @ Plainfield Shooting Supplies just does not let you do it.. =P Makes sense with his busy shop though.

Top Bottom