• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I say tell everyone what gun store it was. Otherwise this thread is pointless

This thread isnt pointless. I wanted everyone's opinion on what they would do. I got that more or less. I have chosen to keep the info to myself for now. I will say that if you are buying an AR that is labeled "Spikes Tactical Build" on a "New" tag for 1750 dollars, think twice about the purchase.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Post name of store and give it a bad rep? That's about the honey thing you can do because you can't do anything about him selling the gun for what ever price he wants but if you have proof of purchase from when you bought the gun then yeah I'd say something, but it sounds like the guy is a POS

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    If you built it, and then sold it to him, on 4377....

Then that serial number appears in twice places: once on the bill of sale when you sold it to him, and once still on the very gun that you built. I wouldn't feel at all bad about calling him out on the lie. Serial numbers don't lie.
    He had a gun I wanted, He gave me a fair trade in value. Decent deal at the time.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    you should name the shop so no one here buys a used gun that is labeled as new....

not that i would ever pay $1700 for anything from Spike's Tactical ;)

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    My Uncle has told me that this particular ordeal is why if he trades at a gun store, he trades with one that he very seldom goes to. That way he doesn't go in and see how badly he got screwed...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I don't think anyone here is going to set the place on fire but it would be good to know about a person that is dishonest to do that to his customers so the place can be avoided. Keep it to yourself if you like but you aren't doing anyone any favors. :)
    Just my .02..

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Do you think or know if any internals have been replaced? If a new bbl and trigger group have been installed would that make it a new custom gun? I'm asking because IDK. If you bought a custom gun that was sold as new and found out the frame and slide had been used but everything else was new would that be a deal breaker? I'm just throwing out some what ifs.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Do you think or know if any internals have been replaced? If a new bbl and trigger group have been installed would that make it a new custom gun? I'm asking because IDK. If you bought a custom gun that was sold as new and found out the frame and slide had been used but everything else was new would that be a deal breaker? I'm just throwing out some what ifs.

The only thing that is new from what I see is it went from an A2 stock to a magpul PRS. Everything else was exactly as I sold it. All the way down to the scope and mount. I am going to call him today and talk about it. If he comes out with it, I am going to leave it at that. If he denies, I will out him, on here. I have done a significant amount of business with him and he has always done me right. Other then being a little high on his prices, I have never seen anything unethical from him. This is a first for me.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i would confront him about it and then move on to another gun shop. In my mind if he is doing that and you know about it then what happens that you dont know about. I dont trust people who arent me....and when i catch them in a lie i just dont deal with them. Trust is earned over long periods of time but lost in very short periods of time

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    After the deal I don't care. I would tell him he was wrong as it used to be yours and probably never do a deal with him again.

Bob

BTW, THEN I would kick him in his junk, light him on fire AND feed him to the hogs:whistle:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You could always offer to do more builds for him on consignment if that one sells :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm interested in what he says, and regardless if he were to admit it to you, I'd still post the name of the shop, so that we can all be aware.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Was it.... Wait for it.... Wait for it... DONS GUNS!? Oh wait, you said $1700, not $3700.

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    What else does he lie about maybe he's so proud of the gun and knows he can't build his own so he took credit for yours. He should give you a commission on the gun when he sells it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you walked into a gunshop that you frequent 1-2 times a month, and have done a significant amount of business with over the years, and saw a gun that you built and ultimately traded in to him for sale. The problem is not that he is reselling the gun you traded him, but that the gun is marked as new and more than 3 times what you got in trade because "he wont be able to mark it up much".

Now im not mad that he is reselling it (because thats obviously what he was going to do and its none of my business what he does with his guns) or that its marked up so high (his store, his prices), but that he is selling it as new and as one of his personal builds.

When I was pretending to look at it (really confirming that it was the same gun) he launched into a tirade of how it was a personal build and no expense was spared. It was a budget build by the way.

What would you do?

I don't deal with liars. Mistakes happen and honest people can sometimes do wrong things. Once you're satified that it wasn't a mistake, then it is quite likely you've been dealing with a dis-honest person. Quite likely, he'd never see me again.

Top Bottom