Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Anyone else dislike Optic Planet

What is going on with this company. My buddy at work had a problem getting a scope sent to our work address and now I can't even get them to hold a package at a Fedex hold location. I gave them a location to hold it at and they said they would wave the $15 fee, who charges that in the first place. Then they called me back to ask if I would let them hold it at another spot 9 miles away, I said sure. Now this morning I see it is being held 30 miles away and won't be there till Friday. Calling them this morning to just tell them to keep it and I will spent the extra $40 at basspro and just pick it up today. I have heard about bad customer service but creed got in the way and I couldn't help but order from them. Meh, never again.

User Info Menu

I stopped ordering from them about a year ago. The tradeoff between decent deals and the other BS wasn't worth it anymore.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

They played a game with me as well when I ordered a shroud for my Romeo 1 RDS calling it "In Stock" when I ordered it, but then taking 8 weeks to ship it because it was not in stock. Don't really trust them.

Nowadays, it is all about Customer Service in my mind.
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

User Info Menu

I've found Midway to offer a comparable line of products (well, more actually) at comparable prices. They also offer cheaper shipping every few weeks.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I agree about the customer service. I have honestly never had a good experience at Basspro either but I guess I don't really expect them to be experts either. I also agree with it not being worth the headache of sitting on hold and the back and forth, so much for 2 day express shipping, lol. Okay I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being a ( Richard ) as I can sometimes be. Seems like others have the same problem with them.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Stopped using them over a year ago. They are deceptive at best.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

JHB
    Plinker

User Info Menu

They played there game once. I canceled the order and purchased from Midway for $10.00 more delivered in three days.

User Info Menu

Natchez Shooting Sports frequently has better pricing on optics with none of the hassle so I don't bother with Optics Planet.

User Info Menu

Good to know this. I haven't ordered from them in a couple years but they were good to go back then. I'm not really buying much of anything these days but I am looking for a holster. I'll be sure to look elsewhere.
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

Expert

User Info Menu

I've made several purchases from them over the years, mostly thru Ebay, and never a problem. Will watch this thread for further feedback. Maybe something has changed?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast