• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USPatriot11B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    What is going on with this company. My buddy at work had a problem getting a scope sent to our work address and now I can't even get them to hold a package at a Fedex hold location. I gave them a location to hold it at and they said they would wave the $15 fee, who charges that in the first place. Then they called me back to ask if I would let them hold it at another spot 9 miles away, I said sure. Now this morning I see it is being held 30 miles away and won't be there till Friday. Calling them this morning to just tell them to keep it and I will spent the extra $40 at basspro and just pick it up today. I have heard about bad customer service but creed got in the way and I couldn't help but order from them. Meh, never again.

Well most of the post here sound like horror stories of customer service. I regularly order from there and have always been happy with them. Maybe im just lucky. Knock on wood

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    I've ordered from them about 7-8 times in the past few years, I've never had a problem.
    They're always giving out discount codes and all the orders have arrived at my door promptly and correctly.

OpticsPlanet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    Northbrook
    Hey everyone,

We take customer feedback importantly and after reading this thread we would like to remedy any bad experiences some of you have had order with us. Constantly we are improving our company and trying to offer not only the best deals but also an improved customer service experience. If there is ever an inconvenience with your order our reps via our phone line at 1-800-504-5897 or our website live-chat at www.opticsplanet.com are here to assist you throughout the ordering experience and ensure that the item you have ordered comes to you without any issues. Please keep in mind, that we do offer a check availability feature on our site. This feature is located on the product page for the item, right underneath the "Add to Cart" or "Place Backorder" button. Once the link is clicked, you can view the current stock status. If in stock, it will display "In Stock" or "Estimated to ship within x-x days" or "Extended backorder - unknown ETA". Our site will allow orders to be placed if the product is back ordered and we will not capture your funds until we're able to ship it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and we do hope you reach out to us.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hey everyone,

We take customer feedback importantly and after reading this thread we would like to remedy any bad experiences some of you have had order with us. Constantly we are improving our company and trying to offer not only the best deals but also an improved customer service experience. If there is ever an inconvenience with your order our reps via our phone line at 1-800-504-5897 or our website live-chat at www.opticsplanet.com are here to assist you throughout the ordering experience and ensure that the item you have ordered comes to you without any issues. Please keep in mind, that we do offer a check availability feature on our site. This feature is located on the product page for the item, right underneath the "Add to Cart" or "Place Backorder" button. Once the link is clicked, you can view the current stock status. If in stock, it will display "In Stock" or "Estimated to ship within x-x days" or "Extended backorder - unknown ETA". Our site will allow orders to be placed if the product is back ordered and we will not capture your funds until we're able to ship it.

There you have it from the horse’s mouth.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wow! Didnt know they had an INGO account. At least they are reaching out. I placed an order a week ago and it will be delivered tomorrow due to holiday. Actually arrived at local po on Saturday but was after mail was already on its way.
    Like i said up thread, always check the stock status and I haven't had any issues.
    One thing to is if you dont have a coupon code "WORK7" always works for 5% off. Its better than nothing.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Glad you care enough to post here, I ordered from Optics Planet one time great service!

Hey everyone,

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hey everyone,

:yesway:

:ingo:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Hey everyone,

Tried to tell em. You're still no 1 with me...

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Hey everyone,

I ordered 11 random items yesterday. All of the items were "in stock". After my card was charged yesterday, I checked my order status this morning and 7 of the 11 items are "ETA Unknown". So I cancelled those 7 items. I sure hope my card is refunded soon. I'll try to patiently give it 1-3 business days before I take the next step...but this is some BS

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Dealing with the same things a lot have experienced. Ordered items that where “in stock” one the order was paid for the shipping date has been moved to six weeks out. Second item has no date listed. Tried calling only to get stuck in the call loop. Sent several emails with no response.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've had real good success lately with them. I do make sure it says in stock as well as make sure there's at least 3 of what I'm ordering "in stock" I figure that way if someone buys the same thing at same time, I'm safe.

Worked out well so far

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I had a similar experience as others with them the last time I used them. They are no longer a site I will consider. They are not in the same bucket for me as the cheaper than dirt, dirtbags, but still am not using them. :):

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I ordered a magazine for a Colt/Walther 1911-22 from OpticsPlanet.
    I had looked around for other magazines to order (GSG 1911-22 & Ruger Mark 4) & made sure they were in stock before doing so since the mags for the 1911 clones were out of stock or not carried by many.

I got a notice saying the Colt/Walther mag was not in stock & didn't know when it would be.
    I would not have ordered from them if it was not is stock: I did not see that warning anywhere when I ordered.
    I replied to that notice saying I wouldn't have ordered if I would have known it wasn't in stock & could I just cancel the order?
    Never heard anything.
    I got the follow up email later telling me that it was supposed to be in stock 6/29, so hopefully I'll get it then.

I never will order from OpticsPlanet again like I will never order from CDNN SPORTS.
    I ordered a magazine for a Taurus PT22.
    When I got around to using it a couple of weeks later it came apart b/c a pin in the bottom must have fell out at the range rendering it useless.
    I called them thinking they would just send me the pin or another magazine, but they were only guaranteed for (don't remember, but very short period of time), & there was nothing they could do.
    I let them know I'd certainly never ordered from them if I would have known of the lack of standing behind a product for a reasonable amount of time.
    First time I used it: it failed.
    I have ordered 8 magazines since then: none from them.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I ordered a magazine for a Colt/Walther 1911-22 from OpticsPlanet.
    I had looked around for other magazines to order (GSG 1911-22 & Ruger Mark 4) & made sure they were in stock before doing so since the mags for the 1911 clones were out of stock or not carried by many.

I got a notice saying the Colt/Walther mag was not in stock & didn't know when it would be.
    I would not have ordered from them if it was not is stock: I did not see that warning anywhere when I ordered.
    I replied to that notice saying I wouldn't have ordered if I would have known it wasn't in stock & could I just cancel the order?
    Never heard anything.
    I got the follow up email later telling me that it was supposed to be in stock 6/29, so hopefully I'll get it then.

I never will order from OpticsPlanet again like I will never order from CDNN SPORTS.
    I ordered a magazine for a Taurus PT22.
    When I got around to using it a couple of weeks later it came apart b/c a pin in the bottom must have fell out at the range rendering it useless.
    I called them thinking they would just send me the pin or another magazine, but they were only guaranteed for (don't remember, but very short period of time), & there was nothing they could do.
    I let them know I'd certainly never ordered from them if I would have known of the lack of standing behind a product for a reasonable amount of time.
    First time I used it: it failed.
    I have ordered 8 magazines since then: none from them.

Cdnn is a liquidator. Optics planet is a clearing house. Both have good deals if you're willing to play the game.

If you want customer service you will always pay a little more. Midway and brownells are hard to beat.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    They lost my business on the first order i ever made, said in stock, card charged then email saying 6 to 12 weeks out for delivery, cancelled that order and never looked at there company again!!!

Top Bottom