• ...and so much more!
  • 68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    Ordered a lot from them in the past.

Watched service go down.. last time I purchased from them was 2014. Never will again.

Midway and Bud's are on that list as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ordered a lot from them in the past.

Watched service go down.. last time I purchased from them was 2014. Never will again.

Midway and Bud's are on that list as well.

Midway is one of my go to's with zero issues. Not sure why you would not deal with them. Your call of course but I have a serious list of purchases from them. I should get a ham at Christmas.....:)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Midway is one of my go to's with zero issues. Not sure why you would not deal with them. Your call of course but I have a serious list of purchases from them. I should get a ham at Christmas.....:)

The only complaint I've seen from my around was from a group of salty ffl's and smiths mad about not getting special pricing. Gained some traction on social media, but had no substance.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The only complaint I've seen from my around was from a group of salty ffl's and smiths mad about not getting special pricing. Gained some traction on social media, but had no substance.

That is because Midway is Retail Sales. The gunsmiths should be able to get set up and buy from Brownells. The FFLs would want to get product from wholesale distribution.

Oh and I like Midway. They are not the cheapest. But they are about the only online retailer I use anymore. Brownells is also good. Cabelas online is fine as well. These are retail companies with a vested interest in providing products to consumers.

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I ordered 11 random items yesterday. All of the items were "in stock". After my card was charged yesterday, I checked my order status this morning and 7 of the 11 items are "ETA Unknown". So I cancelled those 7 items. I sure hope my card is refunded soon. I'll try to patiently give it 1-3 business days before I take the next step...but this is some BS

Update: this a.m. they refunded my card for the 7 canceled items so that's a load off my mind. The other 4 items still coming to me were pretty good deals (one example: ODG SBA3 for $110).
    But I wish they could somehow develop better logistics to be able to properly list inventory in real time.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I ordered some bullets from OP in May just got an email saying they can't ship it until 07/29/2020 now. Is that normal for this company or just the times we live in now?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    That is because Midway is Retail Sales. The gunsmiths should be able to get set up and buy from Brownells. The FFLs would want to get product from wholesale distribution.

Oh and I like Midway. They are not the cheapest. But they are about the only online retailer I use anymore. Brownells is also good. Cabelas online is fine as well. These are retail companies with a vested interest in providing products to consumers.

I am a big midway fan. There was a whole group of ffl's firing up their hive followers to shun midway for not having an ffl program. Honestly it probably keeps prices a little more level across the board. And the simplicity of browsing their site is refreshing compared to the mess that is brownells. I rarely order from them because of how poorly organized their page is.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Optics planet got themselves removed from my list recently. I check to confirm things are in stock before I place an order. The last two orders I placed they played the game of sending some stuff or nothing at all and putting it on back order. After a while of not getting what I needed I investigated and found out the back ordered status. In my opinion, it's an unethical way to do business and I'm done with them.

In addition to them, I doubt I ever make another purchase from SWFA. Last black friday sale I bought a 3-15x ffp MOAthe first week of december and here I am over 6 months later from placing the order and I keep getting told the order will come in next month email after email.

It's hard to get on my stink list, and even harder to get off the list. I still haven't forgiven cheaper than dirt.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a great customer service story on a recovery from an order mistake.
    The barrel fixing pin (3rd hole on the right side of the slide closest to the back) came up missing in my GSG 1911-22.
    I called Zack at ZRT in Nobelsville in case he had any spare parts & he said to simply contact ATI, which I did.

Chris, at ATI said he'd ship out the part to me free.
    I had the part number ready for him, as well, from their manual for the gun, so there would be no miscommunication.

That was on Thursday, the 11th, & I received it on Monday pm.
    It came from Brownells, but it was the wrong part.
    They sent me the item for the 1st hole, that was a screw with an Allen head (and they were nice enough to send two).

I emailed Brownells and Chris at ATI to let them know I'd received the wrong part.
    That was Monday afternoon.
    I recieved the correct part 1 pm today, Wednesday, exactly 48 hours later.
    Impressive.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I just ordered some Magpul offset MBUS Pros from Optics Planet. It was such a deal that I couldn't pass it up. I figured if they cancelled my order or I got an email that they weren't in stock it was no real loss and I'd order them elsewhere. I had them in a few days (and they are pretty nice).

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I may have ordered once from Optics Planet many years ago, but I ignore them now. Finding good, consistent and reliable online vendors can be difficult when you're looking for odds and ends during this "pandemic".

Over the years I've generally had good experiences with the following:

Midway USA
    Brownells
    Primary Arms
    Aim Surplus
    Right To Bear Arms
    Osage County Guns
    Joe Bob Outfitters

I'm probably missing a few, those are definitely not all of the vendors I've bought from over the years. When you buy and try as much stuff as me, you tend to forget some of the places. In general, I try to find all of what I'm looking for at the moment at one place, even if I pay a little more for one or two items. I hate having 10 different things coming from 10 different vendors.

climber1218

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Converse
    I've placed many orders with Optics Planet in the past (usually with good luck), however, lately they have been very slow with confirming orders and shipping! I've actually cancelled my last 2 orders (in May) because they had not shipped within 10 days of ordering! Also, their web page can be difficult to use. I don't think that I will be using them again.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My biggest issue I've had lately is online vendors inventory control. I've had to cancel several orders because they showed in stock, allowed me to add to cart and purchase. Only to receive an email 1-2 weeks later saying they're out of stock.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I've ordered from them about 7-8 times in the past few years, I've never had a problem.
    They're always giving out discount codes and all the orders have arrived at my door promptly and correctly.

Ditto this. Never once had a problem with an order from them.
    In fact, I ordered a FosTech Binary trigger from them the other day: 25% off, free shipping, and delivered in 3 days. No complaints at all.

Top Bottom